• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Confirmed!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Toadsworth FTW

Peach did switch umbrellas. But I don't ****ing care lol (it's probably the most significant thing in Brawl and we don't know it yet)

I love the Bthrow! YES SHAKE THAT THING!

Peach's DownSmash doesn't need any nerfing. She was good the way she was, all the other characters need to be De-Nerfified! (there, a new term to add to Luigified)
Agreed! Toadsworth for Brawl! Represent the Mushroom race! :grin:

Peach's wink during her Bthrow is just priceless. I have fallen in love with Peach all over again in the span of two minutes.

I agree that Peach would be fine if left untouched, but Sakurai did say that many of the characters would "have a slightly different flavor" this time around. That could mean any number of things, but we will have to wait and see.

Rofl, is the fringe the ONLY difference?
The degree of concavity is also slightly different. The trailer parasol seems to be wider than the parasol from today's screenshot.

Well, I'm REALLY tired, so I'm off to bed. I'm very glad that we could share in such a wonderful week of updates. Cross your fingers for Peach's Special Moves and/or Final Smash next week: the more Peach, the better! Have fun continuing the discussion. I bid ye all a good night! :grin:

EDIT: I won't be sleeping now because Circus got "Umbrella" stuck in my head; I will be silently singing it for the next hour or so. Thanks a lot, dummy. =P

(Only kidding! Circus rules fo sho).

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Just a small gripe... of course, Nintendo's doing the best on graphics, but I hate the fact that all of the "pretty" stuff on the dress are technically textures that aren't three-dimensional, so it looks kinda funky. This is Next-Gen, we're taking about! But, hey, it's perfectly fine.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
i was so hoping that toad would be playeble :(
Me too, friend. Even if he isn't playable with the game's release, we can always hope for downloadable content, like more characters. Toad, anyone? :grin:

Somasu

Smash Ace
No pictures of her infamous Down Smash, yet.

Also, to whoever is complaining about the 'difference' in the umbrellas, let me explain one thing.

One picture you are looking at is a CG Cutscene. One is an in-game character model. Of COURSE there is a slight difference in how some things look! It's just like when Pit's CG model was switched to his in-game model, and people flipped about how 'different' he looked.

Pip

Smash Apprentice
Just a small gripe... of course, Nintendo's doing the best on graphics, but I hate the fact that all of the "pretty" stuff on the dress are technically textures that aren't three-dimensional, so it looks kinda funky. This is Next-Gen, we're taking about! But, hey, it's perfectly fine.
Look at this image.

If you examine the silhouette you can see that some of the geometry of the ruffles is actually there.

Mckillyou

Smash Journeyman
It seems to be the case, but I'll still keep my fingers crossed up until December 3rd. I would be happy with Toadsworth, though! I think that would be really funny, actually.
Toadsworth would be so awesome. That little guy can pack a punch, he hit my first Home Run in Mario Baseball!

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer

Also, to whoever is complaining about the 'difference' in the umbrellas, let me explain one thing.

One picture you are looking at is a CG Cutscene. One is an in-game character model. Of COURSE there is a slight difference in how some things look! It's just like when Pit's CG model was switched to his in-game model, and people flipped about how 'different' he looked.
Yes, and that's why I almost didn't mention anything.

Buuuuuut, check out the frilly fringe. It's flat-out not there in the video shot. That's not a change in graphics, that's an actual alteration. It's not a big deal, I just thought it was interesting.

Also, sorry for disturbing your sleep, Aeris. ;)

BUT YAY FOR PEACH. Way for Sakurai to pull her out of the hat when we weren't expecting it anymore.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Awesome, great character to see back in the fray and her new pink costume design is cool. I wonder if she still has the daisy skin, and the white dress.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
Peach looks "subdued" just the same as everyone else; I'm thouroughly enjoying her new look.
The heart handle for her parasol really brings it all together for me ^_^.
Also: "She can silence both Mario and Bowser with her floating jumps and Toad defense."
Discuss.

Pip

Smash Apprentice
Also: "She can silence both Mario and Bowser with her floating jumps and Toad defense."
Discuss.
Well, she can't very well float without first leaving the ground, now can she? Sounds like the same mechanic it always was to me. I wouldn't read anything special into the odd phrasing.

Conker1

Smash Ace
Toad officially unconfirmed! Hooray!

I'm thinking Ice Climbers are the next veteran update. They've done all the starters of SSB, now they're doing Melee starters. After IC, Captain Falcon and hopefully Ness are next.

Deus

Smash Journeyman
Hopefully they will turn her neutral b and side b into something you can actually use (besides for stalling)

Old Man Nintendo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SilentMage
Switch FC
6429-6879-3474
With this character intro on a Friday, perhaps now we'll get Captain Falcon and his oh-so-lovely-KNEE next week Friday. =D

On topic: I loved Peach in Melee and I know I'll love her even more in Brawl. I can just feel it...

~Old Man Nintendo

Nybb

Smash Journeyman

Anyone else think Bowser looks HUGE? His head looks like it's as big as Peach's head and body combined.

I loved Peach in Melee though, so it's nice to see her back, and with some snazzy upgrades to her looks too.

takun said:
Discuss.
Maybe she has multiple jumps instead of floating? That would be silly...I hope they kept how her jumping and her floating works the same. It worked and it was right out of her games. I'm thinking Pip was right and it's just weird phrasing.

Empy

Smash Ace
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands (it ain't much, if it
Peach is looking great. I didn't think she looked that good in Melee but the new dress is way more princess like. I actually like the new umbrella, I bet they changed it cause it looks a lot more like it's taken from the catwalk and Peach has this innocent image to keep up, even when completely ****** her oponents.

takun said:
Discuss.
This just means she can fight for herself and doesn't need Mario to rescue her and won't get kidnapped easily by Bowser.

Phred

Smash Journeyman
Man, Peach is looking nice!
It's good to finally have her confirmed after two weeks

GDhunter95

Smash Apprentice
Eh, I said it in a bunch of other threads so I'll just add it here and be on my way.....

<3 Peach! <3

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
I loves the new look of Peach :D

Hopefully (going by one of the theories I heard) that next week will be another SSBM character, then the week afterwards will return to another SSB original (Captain Falcon/Jigglypuff/Ness/Luigi)

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
Well, from what we can see, it looks like we can rule out any Super Princess Peach abilities. That parasol is not Parry, and with Toad as a B move again, I think she's still sticking close to her old moveset. Which is not bad.

Link Sharingan

Smash Ace

that was not CG that was Real time graphics(in game graphics like resident evil 4)

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
I had a feeling that they would combine her outfit from Melee and her traditional newer outfit, I think it looks amazing. I also hope her moveset stays the same for the most part. I loved her fcing and stitch's ftw and such but I also hope they make some changes as well.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
Peach looks spectacular,and Toad is still her B move. Is it save to say we'll be adding someone else to the Brawl Graveyard?

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Woo another character confirm. :O

Anyways, I don't mind Toad staying as a B move, cause he never really had that much potential as a character and was just turning into a generic species. >_>

CartooN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CartoooN
OK update, I meen we pretty much knew she was there from the video, but its nice to know the details :)

The characters are looking realy nice in brawl, they all have great new looks.

nintendoxxx1

Smash Rookie
HUZZAH!!!

Dojo is wierd, why hasn't it posted peach before? It shows her in the Subspace Emissary video.

Xanderous

Smash Lord
To the guy expecting insane graphics:

The Wii is between the Gamecube and Xbox in graphical potential. I wouldn't expect much, but I'd say the style alone makes the game look good.

Kurizu208

Smash Journeyman
yeah i was hoping for less texture cheating in brawl. but oh well. as long as they are hq textures. so far only spots on zelda look horrible

Look at this image.

If you examine the silhouette you can see that some of the geometry of the ruffles is actually there.
however the mass majority of her dress is texture

To the guy expecting insane graphics:

The Wii is between the Gamecube and Xbox in graphical potential. I wouldn't expect much, but I'd say the style alone makes the game look good.
true true

BoG

Smash Journeyman
Wow, Peach in the game? I must say this is totally out of left field.
Ha, no, good to see her return.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Awesome, great character to see back in the fray and her new pink costume design is cool. I wonder if she still has the daisy skin, and the white dress.

She HAS to have the white dress to go with the White Dr. Mario outfit that Mario will (hopefully) have. As long as she has that and the tennis racket/golf club/frying pan,
I'm happy. Her model does look great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom