• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Confirmed!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG!

She looks amazing! I mean, that dress--incredible! Gahh best update ever, and with PT, this is certainly my favorite week thus far.

Also:

I suppose that this decreases Toad's chances for Brawl. I can't say that I'm overly surprised, but it's nice to see Toad in Brawl at all. There's still a remote possibility that he'll show up as a playable character, but let us presently rejoice in the glory that is a wonderful Peach model.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
As awesome as it is... Toad is still her B move. :(

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Of course it's Aeris who jumps to make the thread. :p

I can sense sigs being updated as we type. . . .

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
As awesome as it is... Toad is still her B move. :(
Yeah. . . that's more than a little upsetting. Those two have quite an odd relationship.

Well, on the bright side, Peach looks great. I'm diggin' the updates to her dress (for whatever reason, I'm noticing more things now than I did in the video).

BuSHiDo

Smash Apprentice
I guess we also have Pokemon Stadium confirmed. Sucks that she still has the Toad move, and guess this definitely means that Toad won't be a playable character. hehe

Sanjuinuthus

Smash Apprentice
Gosh, people stay up until 3:00 am to post their topic first? (yes I know I'm being hypocritical, bite me)

I really thought it was going to be Pokemon Stadium. Oh well.

solrac_krad

Smash Apprentice
Coooool, now just sheik and thats it for me xD
****, poor tod, i guess now he stands no chance

I'm so glad that her floating ability is confirmed to return again! Yay!!! Also i LOVE the dress she's in! Its so fancy! me lurvs this character model! She's my main in melee and its going to stay that way in brawl!

Salaad

Smash Ace
How can people say this was a lame week? Right off the bat we got Pokemon Trainer, Pokemon ****ing Trainer..Is that lame too?

bluethree

Smash Journeyman
I'm sensing her with a new soccer ball move, sense she's always the "gets-her-moves-from-sports-games" person. Or even a basketball move.
Just because of 2/3 of her f smash?

I seriously doubt she'll get any moves from soccer, basketball, or baseball.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
So far, three moves have been confirmed: Toad (B), Back Throw, and Peach Parasol (Up B)--presumably. She has the parasol, and she floats with it in the Subspace Emissary trailer, so it's obvious that she'll be using it again.

And OF COURSE I made the thread! I faltered for a moment, taken aback by such an exciting update.

As for Toad, I'm still holding out for an appearance in Brawl, despite the obvious implications of having Toad as Peach's B move once again. I know that it's unlikely, perhaps nigh impossible, but I'd rather look on the bright side for now: Toad's model has also been updated! Gold trim, better shoes, and better face.

Things to consider: will Peach get a new Side B? What changes, if any, will be made to Peach's moveset? Will Peach be nerfed in some way, i.e. the DSmash?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
So uh. . .

What's with her switching up the umbrellas? This new, in-game one looks a little. . . well, not as nice as the one in the video.

EDIT: I guess it's arguably the same umbrella—it's not drastically different, but there are noticeable modifications (such as the fringe or whatever the hell you want to call it).

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I'm so glad that her floating ability is confirmed to return again! Yay!!! Also i LOVE the dress she's in! Its so fancy! me lurvs this character model! She's my main in melee and its going to stay that way in brawl!
Me too! Floating was a huge part of her game, so I'm glad it's getting a return. Glad to see a fellow Peach main! :grin:

Bowser's about to have a little mushroom snack.

Fantastic. We almost have 12 vets.
Ahh, no way! Toad is ready to counter that overgrown turtle. :p

Poor Toad, getting denied again...

Oh well, heres hoping for Toadsworth still XD
It seems to be the case, but I'll still keep my fingers crossed up until December 3rd. I would be happy with Toadsworth, though! I think that would be really funny, actually.

Just because of 2/3 of her f smash?

I seriously doubt she'll get any moves from soccer, basketball, or baseball.
Soccer, maybe, just as a kick. Basketball, I doubt it. Baseball, a possible FSmash addition.

EDIT: No, those parasols are actually different. The trailer parasol is wide with a smooth border. The screenshot parasol, by contrast, is higher and "thinner", as it were, with a frilly border. Either way, her parasol looks SO much better than the Melee one. At least this one matches her outfit. =P

Sanjuinuthus

Smash Apprentice
Switch?
They look EXACTLY the same.

-RAWR! I'm double posting =[ . I can TASTE the infraction points.
Er, no they don't. Look at them both carefully....The differences are obvious.

Off Topic: I can't seem to edit my posts, when I press save it will just sit there and load forever...Is anyone else having this problem?

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
The baseball Fsmash is a possibility.
Pan, Golf Club, Tennis Racket, Baseball Bat.
I could see it happening.

@Sannihaogiuvguysg:
Can you please point out the difference?
And I'm not having that problem.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Switch?
They look EXACTLY the same.

-RAWR! I'm double posting =[ . I can TASTE the infraction points.
THE FRINGE, MAN. LOOK AT THE FRINGE. O_O

It's pretty similar (mostly the signature heart-shaped handle), but the in-game one looks a lot smaller. More of a showy one than a functioning one (not that that matters).

Dynamism

Smash Lord
Toadsworth FTW

Peach did switch umbrellas. But I don't ****ing care lol (it's probably the most significant thing in Brawl and we don't know it yet)

I love the Bthrow! YES SHAKE THAT THING!

Peach's DownSmash doesn't need any nerfing. She was good the way she was, all the other characters need to be De-Nerfified! (there, a new term to add to Luigified)

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Rofl, is the fringe the ONLY difference?
That, plus the flower decoration on it doesn't look as prominent on the new one as it does on the old one (though that may be due to the angle and the lighting). And, as I said, the new one looks smaller; narrower.

. . . I spent a good long time looking at Peach's umbrella in the video. Don't ask me why.

*gets that Rhiana song stuck in his head*

-Ella. . . -ella. . . -ella. . . aye. . . aye. . . .

dark_templar_99

Smash Cadet
Ha its at a different angle and its hard to tell exactly. But i doubt it makes a difference in the way she controls. Anyway, i dont main peach, but i know she's good. Zelda is still my girl though. peach looks to anime for my taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom