• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Peach and other random Discussion (Social Thread)

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
i've gotten an infraction. It was kinda bull****, i was new here didnt know how to multi quote and got infracted for triple posting. u would think a new person would only get a warning

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I had one from Teczero show up in my CP the other day and I got super excited. Then it turned out it was only a warning and didn't have any points.... Very disappointed.
I knew I should have infracted you. Dammit all.

i've gotten an infraction. It was kinda bull****, i was new here didnt know how to multi quote and got infracted for triple posting. u would think a new person would only get a warning
That... sorta does suck, I try to be as fair as I can but sometimes as a mod its hard to judge. Talking to the moderator can be helpful though to avoid unjust infractions.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
i did pm the guy he was kinda a **** about it if i remember correctly. The thing only thing about it that bothers me now is that it was on a thread i created. getting a infraction when u r new on your own thread is kinda a bummer

MacD

Banned via Administration
That... sorta does suck, I try to be as fair as I can but sometimes as a mod its hard to judge. Talking to the moderator can be helpful though to avoid unjust infractions.
freaking vanz gave me 4 points just because of posts i quoted

i was made i didn't even break the rules myself and got a bajillion infractions to stain my perfect record

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
i did pm the guy he was kinda a **** about it if i remember correctly. The thing only thing about it that bothers me now is that it was on a thread i created. getting a infraction when u r new on your own thread is kinda a bummer
=/ sorry to hear, use forum support next time after that!

freaking vanz gave me 4 points just because of posts i quoted

i was made i didn't even break the rules myself and got a bajillion infractions to stain my perfect record
Not even gonna lie, I was laughing so hard when I saw that LOOOOOOL

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Aww, aren't we all friends here. :)

And I'm also watching the stream.

EDIT: Congratulations on getting 3rd at the Big House, Vanz. Sorry about the last match, though. That was stupid. :(

MacD

Banned via Administration
When I said "too old" I was trying to act like pedo bear/impersonating you :awesome:

and nah no friendlies
I'll take you on a rainbow cruise with my young link. Just like dazwa :troll:
:phone:
pshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

you know you love me so it's k

Aww, aren't we all friends here. :)

And I'm also watching the stream.

EDIT: Congratulations on getting 3rd at the Big House, Vanz. Sorry about the last match, though. That was stupid. :(
welcome to vs johnny and oscar

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I give credit to S2J for it, he earned it, but the way Vanz SD'd was just lame. I would have liked for him to at least put up a close fight (the last match).

Also, splitting is really stupid.

Also, Vanz, why did you go Ylink against Puffs at the Big House? Is Peach/Puff that impossible, or were you experimenting?

Wake

Smash Master
I haaate that... but oh well. They're the ones that did all the work in making it to GFs. When I make it to GFs, I don't split. I feel like it kills the hype. :/

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
@Wake: More than just the hype, though, it's about the competition. Splitting just isn't competitve.

@thesage: You don't seem overly thrilled...

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
I know this has been discussed to no end but I need help against the Marth matchup. It wasn't until recently that a Marth completely wrecked me.

...I still remember that JV 5 stock. *shiver*

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Marth....I wish Armada would frequent here more, so I could pick his brain about the "inner mechanics" of that matchup.

Smart turnips are important. You have to throw a few in the beginning, and see how he reacts to each one. Does he shield? Does he dash away? Does he try to catch them? Does he try to take the turnip and SDI it to throw you off? (You probably won't see that, but it's an option to consider). Does he ike swatting them away? From there, understand your options and how you can make him uneasy about your turnips in general.

When recovering, or in the air against him in general, DO NOT TRY TO ATTACK HIM. Peach can't do anything to him when he's under her, so just try to get back down to the ground. Sometimes you can hit with away or something, but usually, you'll get another swipe. I mean, if you're in the air (when he's put you there), you're going to take damage, cause he combos Peach well, but your main priority should be getting back on the ground.

Are you finding that you're getting tippered a lot, or is he getting a lot of grabs on you? Or is he just comboing the BALLS off of you? You'll notice that if you jump in the air without a careful plan (or even sometimes a careful one) you can very well get tippered. Generally speaking, the ground is a better place to be (cause you have dash attack, and you won't be over Marth).

I'm never sure about throw DI to be honest, maybe someone else know the right way. Depends on if Marth wants to CG you, or tipper fsmash you. DI away if you're getting comboed.

All that is really general, though. =|

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I'm scared because two gay guys and a girl living together sounds like the set up for a really bad sitcom and I have a feeling that that's what my life is going to turn into.

It's like Will, Jack, and Grace. (I'm Will btw).

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Been watching some old Peach vids lately (Mikael, Ikki, etc.), and it's interesting to note that Armada seems like a mix of a lot of old Peaches, with his own style that makes his work really well.

I dunno how else to explain it. But the things he does aren't really as radical as I used to think they were. I think it's his way of doing them.

Also, his Peach style is starting to seem Marth-ish to me...

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
LOL i remember Mikael. way back in ether late 2006 or early 2007 i was watching some of his vids and they blew my mind. He looked so fast and good. I went back and re watched one like a year ago and it just seemed so slow compared to how people play now.I used to think he was as good as a peach could get. Not taking anything away from the guy just its funny how far the metagame has gotten from back then

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Apparently Mikael was hitting on him or something? I dunno, I read it in a youtube comment and lol'd, but maybe that IS where it comes from. I've heard a lot of things about Ken being a douche, though.

King5280

Smash Journeyman
Been watching some old Peach vids lately (Mikael, Ikki, etc.), and it's interesting to note that Armada seems like a mix of a lot of old Peaches, with his own style that makes his work really well.

I dunno how else to explain it. But the things he does aren't really as radical as I used to think they were. I think it's his way of doing them.

Also, his Peach style is starting to seem Marth-ish to me...
what do you mean by marth-ish?

Top Bottom