• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Peach and other random Discussion (Social Thread)

Veril

Frame Savant

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
We can't be friends.

:phone:
I'm sorry, Veril. :( If it helps, I'm probably going to be back on caffeine, cause one of my teachers has the awesome ability to put me to sleep.

EDIT: Had to edit out my stupidity.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
what is it with peaches often getting youtube ****? or am i just imagining things? ugh still cant ignore it...:( it ****ing pisses the **** out of me

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
what is it with peaches often getting youtube ****? or am i just imagining things? ugh still cant ignore it...:( it ****ing pisses the **** out of me
You mean people on Youtube talking trash about Peach? Yeah, I know what you mean. Puff and Peach get it the most I think, and that's cause they feel like those characters are somehow overpowered (cause they aren't Fox/Falcon/Falco). The way people treat, say Hbox, is just an ugly facet of the community.

It pisses me off, too, cause people are so narrow-minded, but good players are the players that matter, and most good players don't whine about floaties.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
The homosexuality that people associate with Peach, which I also don't understand. But I'm not going to convince most people that there isn't anything about using Peach that is "gay."

I have softened on wobbling. I used to hate it to tears, but I kind of look at it in perspective to the ICs other traits. Landing the grab is hard enough, and it isn't guaranteed until the 50s. That, and a few other things make me not hate wobbling as much (still hella annoying, though).

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
That doesnt make the community insecure, it just correlates Peach and homosexuality.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Okay, double post. Weird.

Yeah, I guess. But is she so obscure that people would rather hate her than understand her?

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
I dont think anyone doesnt understand Peach, its just losing to a "gay" character could be seen as a stain on your sexuality. More so if the person playing the "gay" character is gay themselves.

I can guarantee guys are more afraid of losing to DoH than they are to Milktea.

Veril

Frame Savant
nobody should care what people say on youtube

people hate what they can't understand.
I hate that dextrorotary isomers are so pharmaceutically awesome. What about the levorotary isomer? Why are they so lame? (don't answer that, I know the theory behind it. Its still annoying.)

:c

The l-isomers have to step up their game. Clearly they can't compete in a racemic compound, which is why they keep getting dropped when a product is enantiomerically pure.

Sometimes the racemate is better though. Idk, l-isomer is a good support sometimes. Except thalidomide. Those isomers both were pretty crappy but MAN did the S isomer mess that one up. I don't know the absolute rotation of thalidomide racemates ;(

I also hate studying disinfectants/antiseptics with a group and then needing to explain what a formaldehyde releasing compound is or what the iso in isobutyl-alcohol is to silly *****es who couldn't be bothered to take organic chemistry. Actually no, I don't hate that at all. I just wish my study partners were consistently hot, as opposed to hot roughly a tenth of the time. Today they were not hot. **** was tragic.

VaNz do you know anything about super-critical CO2 as a disinfectant? I'm wondering if its actually used in any major clinical settings or if its still largely confined to labs and dry cleaners ;p

"ran out of medication"

I wonder why pro-smashers don't use adrafinil or like, methylhexaneamine, or some other legal stimulant that would never fly in a real pro sport but smash doesn't care about. Instead they take arbitrary amounts of add meds, without taking into account their massively varying half-lives and the deleterious effects of the comedown. Unless they're taking like... vyvanze. That would last through the whole bracket. Or that methylphenidate patch but nobody gets prescribed that anyway.

john!

Smash Hero
I wonder why pro-smashers don't use adrafinil or like, methylhexaneamine, or some other legal stimulant that would never fly in a real pro sport but smash doesn't care about. Instead they take arbitrary amounts of add meds, without taking into account their massively varying half-lives and the deleterious effects of the comedown. Unless they're taking like... vyvanze. That would last through the whole bracket. Or that methylphenidate patch but nobody gets prescribed that anyway.
Unless they're taking like... vyvanze
l KNOW YOUR SECRET VANZ

Cia

das kwl
After I beat Hazz and NOBODY CLAPPED I stood up and said EVERYONE HATES PEACH
LOOOL. I think the crowd was just in favor of the home team. At the last No Johns, I did all the stuff I normally do and I got a frenzy XD.

VaNz do you know anything about super-critical CO2 as a disinfectant? I'm wondering if its actually used in any major clinical settings or if its still largely confined to labs and dry cleaners ;p
nuuuuuuuuu! even tho it's kind of eco-friendly, there are certain risks that no one really wants to take when dealing with civilians. I'm pretty sure heat sterilization is the most common. Sometimes ultrasonics or ethylene oxide gas. really depends on the facility. super off topic haha. didn't even realize this was the social thread, massive fail on my part.

l KNOW YOUR SECRET VANZ
nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!

:c

Veril

Frame Savant
nuuuuuuuuu! even tho it's kind of eco-friendly, there are certain risks that no one really wants to take when dealing with civilians. I'm pretty sure heat sterilization is the most common. Sometimes ultrasonics or ethylene oxide gas. really depends on the facility. super off topic haha.
There's something that survives the thousands of PSI required to bring something to supercritical state? And being stripped of organic components by the sCO2?

I heard about ethylene oxide. Obv autoclaving is gonna be standard pretty much everywhere for non-heat sensitive stuff. Then liquid or vapor phase sterilization systems for things that are heat sensitive. I just like supercritical state CO2 for some mystery reason. Maybe cause of the methane reactions they've been doing in the stuff. Bias. Ethylene oxide is also toxic like whoa

Also did you read about NSAIDs reducing the efficacy of SSRIs. http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/223263.php Might pose some problems for me this semester given I'm at a nursing home and so there's a large population taking both of these.

During NoJohns someone said the name Jaden and I got all excited and then was sad. :C

Top Bottom