• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PBT Melee Part 3 (Featuring Darkrain!) June 6th, 2009

What date works best for you attending this tournament?

• Total voters

Oracle

Smash Master
Guys theres another thread but we should set stuff up at AKON.
I'll start. I can bring a cube (sadly, no 1p controller slot ;_;)

Also is this the dallas thread or is that lost? I need to bookmark something

pootTheBox

Smash Ace
hmm i may be able to come. I is making an effort to get better so even though I don't live in Dallas i'm trying to come to as many tournaments as I can.
hero status

This tournament is so far away

I expect great things though. First recognized "woohoo darkrain in dallas" tournament. It'll be good to have some national attention to the vids.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
scud will still be in korea :(
maybe kos-mos will wanna go. if so we'll be there.
gotta keep melee alive and well in the southwest :D good shiz dallas area

kirbykid

BRoomer
BRoomer
Do people know to bring their Wiis/Gamecubes and melee disks? I have about 5 Tv's I'm bringing but only 1 melee disk and 2 Wiis.

I'll also be bringing SF4 if anyone wants to play.

kirbykid

BRoomer
BRoomer
Who is supposed to be running this thing?

I was contacted by someone about setting up the venue/space. But I forgot who it was. I'll bring all my equipment and tournament gear. I just need to know who to talk to discuss the time of the event. The closer to starting at noon the better.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Who is supposed to be running this thing?

I was contacted by someone about setting up the venue/space. But I forgot who it was. I'll bring all my equipment and tournament gear. I just need to know who to talk to discuss the time of the event. The closer to starting at noon the better.
Uhhhhhhhhh

I guess I can run it? Unless there are other volunteers? It'll work out.

So start registration at noon and begin brackets at 1?

kirbykid

BRoomer
BRoomer
Uhhhhhhhhh

I guess I can run it? Unless there are other volunteers? It'll work out.

So start registration at noon and begin brackets at 1?
I'll handle all of the computer, brackets, extension cords, and many of the TVs/wiis. I can even call the matches and everything. Mainly, I just need someone to back me up especially if things look like they'll go past 5pm because I have to go to my sisters graduation.

I don't think there will be a large number of people (at least no larger than the number that turn up for brawl every other week). So, if people at least bring gamecubes/melee there will be enough TVs to run things really smoothly within the 5 hour window.

Sine I didn't see any post with the times, and I haven't been able to get in contact with the person who I thought would be partially running this tournament...

Prince Bistro Tournament Melee 3
June, 6. 2009

Bring Wii/Gamecubes and Melee most of all.

Prince Bistro http://www.princebistro.com/
1121 Flower Mound Rd
Flower Mound, Texas, United States
(It's to the Left of the Kroger)

5$ entry fee for singles
Teams entry fee 5$ per person
Registration from 11:00 PM to 12:00 pm.
The first event will start shortly after 12:00pm.

Remember, we're using the venue for free, so plan on buying something even if it's a soda and a 3 dollar pizza/burger.

If you have any questions, concerns, or comments send them my way... ADarkDreamer@gmail.com

darkrain

Smash Ace
We are expecting a big crowd from Kansas City to come. If we need to be out of there by 5 we need to open the doors early, 10 am at the latest. Noon is way too late, 11 is pushing it. It's up to kirbykid, but it's better to start early and have plenty of time then be rushed at the end.

I can help run the tournament as well.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
We are expecting a big crowd from Kansas City to come. If we need to be out of there by 5 we need to open the doors early, 10 am at the latest. Noon is way too late, 11 is pushing it. It's up to kirbykid, but it's better to start early and have plenty of time then be rushed at the end.

I think what KirbyKid meant was that he can't be there past 5 pm. We the players can finish the tournament ourselves if he needs to go.

kirbykid

BRoomer
BRoomer

The restaurant opens at 11:00 am. But we start setting up at around 10:am. Since I'm the opening manager, I'll see if I can set things up and running so smashers can start rolling in at around 10:10am or so.

I'm glad someone spoke up with more info.

I'll try to arrange everything so that even if I have to leave at around 5pm, I can still leave the Tvs and all of the smashers there to have fun.

If the venue hasn't schedule any other events to come in (like a band or something) then you guys will be fine there until 7pm and even till around 9pm. I'll confirm all the information tomorrow.

Thanks.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
I think he copied and pasted from his other tournament thread and forgot to change the date. Should be the 6th.

And if we're allowed to stay past 5, let's not have it start at 10. So early. If the tournament goes past 5 we can just finish it up on our own.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
I'd guess around 20-25.

Mosquito, I thought you guys were coming the day before. If not, why would you need housing?

Oracle

Smash Master
So do we have a definitive time on when it starts and ends? I have a meeting 2-5 at a place around half an hour away, so I don't think I'm gonna be able to play in the brackets anyways (though I know that I'd probably be one of the worst people there and would get seeded badly).

I'll probably just show up for friendlies/asking for advice from people better than me in the morning and afternoon

kirbykid

BRoomer
BRoomer
Plz make it start at 1 pm, cuz San Antonio is coming to this, plus Austin.
I don't think we can start it that late.

I know everyone can keep smashing past 5 when I leave, but I need to make sure there's enough time for everything.

It's hard because I don't know how many people are planning on showing up.

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
I think I might come check this out even though i suck at melee right now lol but it would be nice to get some matches in.

kirbykid

BRoomer
BRoomer
If anyone needs my number... 214.995.8424.

Try to get there no earlier than 11:00 am unless you want to hang out at Kroger or on the Patio or something.

The side gate doesn't activate any alarms.

Top Bottom