• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pause and Play Tournament - Nov. 6

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
By the way, this was the highest I've ever placed at a tournament, the first time I've ever been in Winner's Finals and the first time I've ever made money off of singles.

Neat.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
**** u suck.
I definitely did in Loser's Finals. Figures there wouldn't be videos of the **** Winner's set. :c

If you go watch the set, every match is like this:

Ridiculously bad first 2 stocks
Huge comeback late in the 3rd stock/last stock
Lose on close to the last hit

Alex top platform camped me soooooo hard. :c

I need to play all my stocks like I played my last stocks in these. Must improve.

EDIT: And holy ****, stop illusioning like an idiot. I got killed almost every stock because of it.
EDIT2: Except third match where I was just super flustered about 2 close losses and played SUPER stupid. Alex should've won this set.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Can't play like you're about to lose all of the time. If you do then that becomes easy to read too.

Tip: Fox isn't always falling with a move on a platform. =)

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
And stop ledgehop dairing into charged fsmashes, you dip****.

I thought I taught you better. >:[
I was running into all sorts of dumb stuff and playing too aggressive all day. I'll do better. :[

Tip: Fox isn't always falling with a move on a platform. =)
Elaborate for me, por favor.

Also, your legit compliment after we played this weekend motivated me soooo much. Time to start beating your scrubby tail. :glare:

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Well, if Fox is jumping on a platform, why wouldn't you hit him? Because you're afraid of getting kicked in the face/getting reversal'd on. Fox actually doesn't fall with aerials much because that's laggy and not safe typically. He realllly just likes chillin on those platforms. Catch him asleep at the wheel from one to another/the same one and do stuff.

Yes I wanted to be vague because you need some of your own answers and mine may not be best for you.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Well, if Fox is jumping on a platform, why wouldn't you hit him? Because you're afraid of getting kicked in the face/getting reversal'd on. Fox actually doesn't fall with aerials much because that's laggy and not safe typically. He realllly just likes chillin on those platforms. Catch him asleep at the wheel from one to another/the same one and do stuff.

Yes I wanted to be vague because you need some of your own answers and mine may not be best for you.
I understood why you were being vague but that is something I haven't really thought about much so your input was important. Do you remember that night at my house where you showed me that trick where Falco could never catch Fox? That was the first time it ever really occured to me how slow Falco's horizontal run was and I hadn't really had somebody abuse it so much in tourney until last weekend. I'll have to work on figuring out to how counter platform camping in my own way too though.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
Man **** trolling yo.
lol.

moo, i really wanted to see your set vs josh. also, i wish we could've gotten some seriouslies. those friendlies were fun though. i wanted to see the doc too. ah well, maybe some other time.

and DH, don't you think you could've gotten second too? i wasn't watching too hard, but it seemed like you did a lot of good things vs karn. a little better execution and things could've been different. grow some confidence.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
ah ok. well, if i remember correctly, you'll be late to GIG. hopefully we can get some good matches there so you can see my super duper serious 2nd place ganon lololol

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
moo, i really wanted to see your set vs josh. also, i wish we could've gotten some seriouslies. those friendlies were fun though. i wanted to see the doc too. ah well, maybe some other time.
He actually won first match which was a Falcon ditto where he was doing smart things and I was not.

The second and third matches were vs my Fox though and they were extraordinarily gay and not very close. That match up is so dumb. I love Zach though. :[

And loool at the lack of respect that Karn or I get. Guess I'll just have to keep performing well until that changes. I wished anybody would've watched any of my friendlies that night when I was actually on. I was doing neat stuff. Oh well, Jordan and Dylan saw it and I live for their approval anyway. <3

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
If I played to the best of my abilities, there is a chance that I could've gotten top4 imo, but I'm not flaunting that around like it should've happened. "Ooohhhh look at me I'm Bl@ckChris and I didn't enter but I would've made dat 2nd place money derpa derp derp that's for sure."

Good things vs Karn? lol maybe vs Karn's Falco or Marth if you were watching friendlies. imo Karn wasn't playing that well against me, even in tourney. That being said, I wasn't playing well either. I can't even figure out how I brought him to his last stock the first match, I got so many lucky kills and I'm not afraid to admit it. I also suck vs Fox... and Ganon lol

Once again, Chris, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
hmm...wish i could've entered.

could've been a good tourney for me. somewhere between 2nd and 5th. ah well.

good stuff to those who i played. hope to see you all at GIG .
this is all i ****ing said. DH you constantly blow so much of my **** out of proportion. even when i TRY to give you a compliment, you still try to put me on blast like i'm some egotistical idiot. i say i couldve gotten top 5 and all of you act like i said i SHOULD have gotten second. get the **** off my case and ****ing learn to read.

josh there was no lack of respect in anything i ever posted. i think i have the potential to beat you. and i think i have the potential to beat karn. if thats lack of respect in your mind, then so be it. but you referenced the fact that i've gotten better, but whenever i seem to even imply that i MIGHT have improved and MIGHT have had a shot at top 5, i all the sudden i'm disrespectful and don't know what i'm talking about.

really?

Moophobia

Smash Champion
lol at all of my tournament sets I just rushed people like an idiot. and I was pretty pissed you didn't use falco on me which probably lead me to just rush you. I'm just gonna cop out and play peach next time against everyone.

Edit: I also agree with Chris.

Top Bottom