• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pause and Play Tournament - Nov. 6

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
waits for videos so I can beat myself up over a video-game more.... though believe it or not I learned a lot at this and I had a lot of fun, last tourney I'm probably entering for a while.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
videos are starting to be uploaded. they should be done by tonight. they will be uploaded here.

mr.fizwidget

Smash Champion
idk if the brackets are going to be posted

this is to the best of my knowledge

1)pp (lost to nobody)
2)karn(lost to josh and pp)
3)josh(lost to pp and karn)
4)fiz(lost to pp and karn)
5)emb(lost to jmh and fiz)
5)ewbf(lost to pp and karn)
7)moo(lost to josh and emb)
7)jmh(lost to fiz and ewbf)

bassdeluxe27

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone. Thanks for a good tournament. For my first NC tourney, I had a great time. I'm sure I'll see most of you in Greensboro next weekend. Thanks to Ocean too for recording our match.

Also, thanks to all of the guys who showed up at 10:30 (like me) and helped me get back into it after not having played competitively for 2 years. I'm looking forward to attending more NC events.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
kevin you never help me wtf

all I ask you for is a little marth advice, you say nothing, and just neutral b around the stage. wtf. is this what you want me to become?!
Stupid things happen every tournament that somehow prevents this and I just now realize how bad it is.

You're first priority next tourney. =)

Edit:

plur- yeah it is =p

bassdeluxe- Glad you could make it out dude. =) See you next weekend!

Edit again: Thanks for housing me Smith. <3

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
I'm dumb. I 2-0'd Alex in Winner's, totally forgot that I might have to play him again and pretty much told him how to beat me while we were at Chic-Fil-A. He played much better in LF's and I played much worse. Oh well.

I'm still loving everybody coming in here talking like they couldve got second when none of the people who posted it has ever beaten Alex or I in tourney before. Silly.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

sle.

Foxy

Smash Master
I'm dumb. I 2-0'd Alex in Winner's, totally forgot that I might have to play him again and pretty much told him how to beat me while we were at Chic-Fil-A. He played much better in LF's and I played much worse. Oh well.

I'm still loving everybody coming in here talking like they couldve got second when none of the people who posted it has ever beaten Alex or I in tourney before. Silly.
Don't worry about it too much. It's the right thing to do. Even mid-match I rarely withhold things like that... if I can only beat them if they are missing a lot of information/strategy, eventually they WILL know those things, and I'll just lose then. So I figure, best for all our NC smashers' improvement as a whole to just try to get the best challenge out of each player that you can.

Like, in any set, if I keep doing something that is countering one of their options, instead of trying to sneakily do it as much as possible and get a leading edge, I tell them about it and give them more matchup knowledge, and although I can't get that free % anymore, we're both one step closer to playing the matchup at the highest level, removing some player-specific mistakes.

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
i see what you're saying..

i've considered the same thing, as i'm sure others have.

but basically (beyond the most fundamental smash info) if someone can't find out why they're losing to begin with i don't think they're gonna be that good in the end.... which depresses me..... so then i go back to not caring.

well, idk i guess people could change their mentalities if that's what's keeping them from understanding why they lose and improving. that brings me happiness :)

lord karn

Smash Master
Well, I've always known I have to stay on platforms vs. falco. The main thing is it requires reacting to what falco does and where he is, and if you mess up he gets a free hit. And Josh is really good at comboing, so I was afraid to do this. Because I suck at reacting, I just tried to space full hopped nairs. When I played josh in winners I didn't platform camp enough and josh got lots of hits from cc shine, which is what beats spacing full hopped nairs with fox. So then I decided I would have to stack it up and platform camp without messing up. That and Josh I think was kind of shocked because I was playing so much better helped me win.

Also, I don't tell people mid match, but I always try to tell people what they did wrong after a set if I remember. Adapting mid-match is a skill that extends beyond just matchup knowledge, and I don't want to help my opponent in that regard. But afterwards I try to teach people matchups and general strategies a lot. SOMETHING PP DOESN"T DO! jk jk but seriously

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
Dang I should of come to this. I think I could of gotten 2nd. I went to a street fighter thing at gamefrog for lulz with my friend. I got stomped on by old people. (yeah man I was young at this shiz SF players are old).

Post bracket?
lLMFAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
Watching Smith's matches.

Wow, you camp REALLY well.

I love it.

You're so much better than me with Ylink.

Still, i feel like arrows are useless
You're better then meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I did really dumb things that match, I didn't follow up anything in fear of getting Marth'd.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
this wasn't big enough to warrant a results thread really.

also, uploading is almost done.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
there was atleast an hour of giga bowser footage. I am not going to separate, render, and upload each match separately. I'm going to compile a sort-of combo video from it, but that takes time since I have to sort through the footage.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Noooooo =(

Is there any way you can separate my Falco vs Giga and put it on megaupload or rapidshare or something for me?

If not I guess it's okay.....

Top Bottom