• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Path of the Gerudo King, a Ganondorf guide by TT, ver 1.21.01.00

NJ'zFinest

Smash Ace
Wow, I haven't read this guide in AWHILE. The updates are freaking amazing, there's even a vid section.
Good job TT

Magus420

Smash Master
Wtf?

I noticed this awhile back but thought I might not have been remembering correctly, but what's up with the n-air hitbox clip?

I looked at it again the other day in AR and it was indeed not as the clip shows, though I'm pretty stumped as to how it could have possibly been recorded incorrectly as it is clearly showing Ganon in the animation. The n-air does NOT hit on those frames when his leg is out for its 2nd hit. In fact, it doesn't even hit in front of him at all on the 2nd hit. It just hits with the tiny area where his one leg is tucked in before he actually goes to stick his 2nd leg out which does absolutely nothing. Was the n-air "improved" in later versions or something? o_O Unless the clip was completely fabricated that would be the only explanation I can think of. I've also found images of Peach's u-air to be quite off as well.

Thomas Tipman

Smash Champion
yeah it looks a bit ackward but nair does look like that, i might have accedently recorded it at a weird angle so that may be a cause, ill figure this out later and fix it if it needs it.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
tipman, your guid and triforce vid has realy helped my ganon game.

thanks.

p.s. being so helpful to the ganon community, i find it odd that you only have one bar of rep.
why is that?

Magus420

Smash Master
yeah it looks a bit ackward but nair does look like that, i might have accedently recorded it at a weird angle so that may be a cause, ill figure this out later and fix it if it needs it.
Did you get to take another look at it? This GIF should give a better idea of what I'm talking about. It hits on completely different frames so it can't really be the result of an odd camera angle. Besides, the angle there and in what I recorded is nearly the same and only differs a bit vertically. This is in 1.0. What version did you record it with?

(Click to bring up the animation)

Thomas Tipman

Smash Champion
Did you get to take another look at it? This GIF should give a better idea of what I'm talking about. It hits on completely different frames so it can't really be the result of an odd camera angle. Besides, the angle there and in what I recorded is nearly the same and only differs a bit vertically. This is in 1.0. What version did you record it with?

(Click to bring up the animation)
all this proves is you suck vs peach. jk, 1.2 is what i use.

Vall3y

Smash Lord
maybe it cant hit between the two red circles on his leg
the developers knew no one will use nair anyway so they didnt bother making it work stright

Magus420

Smash Master
maybe it cant hit between the two red circles on his leg
the developers knew no one will use nair anyway so they didnt bother making it work stright
Well no, because those red circles on his leg aren't there to begin with in 1.0. It isn't even attacking at all on those frames. Like the animation shows, the 2nd hit is instead on frames 16-17 in 1.0, and not 20-21. The location of the hitboxes is also completely different (obviously since his leg isn't out there at that part of the attack), and has it hit with the tiny area on his right (they didn't even get the correct leg -_-) shin in 1.0 as opposed to the entire length of his left leg. Though I don't personally own an AR, I have checked it a number of different times with a friend's using my copy of the game, and it definitely hits with the small little area underneath and not in front like the first hit. I wonder if there's any other move's hitboxes that are different?

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
a1. Land dash
A variation of the wave dash used to slide along the floor while landing from a jump (instead of wave dashing in the beginning of it). Main difference between a wave dash and land dash is the angle of the air dodge can be done straight across meaning a lot more distance. This makes Ganons air game a little more scary since his land dash is soo good its not uncommon to jump out with an empty air and land dash up to your opponents face.
wait, does this mean that i can platform dash by airdodgeing with the analog stick pointed straight across instead of at an angle?
this would really help, for some reason i have trouble getting the analog stick to go diagonally.

i guess i just dont understand the differences between wavedashing, wavelanding, and platformdashing

btw Tipman, could you please link the youtube matches for thoes vids, or google if you cant do youtube? my comp has trouble with FileFront.

Thomas Tipman

Smash Champion
i learned a few tricks up north benny boy so when im back im sorry to say you will no longer be able to protect your brothers.:mad:

hows the souf been, heard doodah took a tourney? watch out for 1-DahMan!

petoo0

Smash Ace
womp when you gonna show us all these tricks tipman?!?! lol womp if i played you id probably get owned. try to make it out to the wes coast mangz.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i wonder if my ganon will rank up if i show how much better he's gotten...just need human players that are decent

i wish i lived near eddie, my ganon would probably be 100000 times better, oh well, i haven't been playing, dragon quest 8, madden 07, and FFXII and being sick have overrun my life, sorry smash...i'll be back later when i find worthy opponents, and get off this sickness

KeepSpeedN

Smash Ace
i learned a few tricks up north benny boy so when im back im sorry to say you will no longer be able to protect your brothers.:mad:

hows the souf been, heard doodah took a tourney? watch out for 1-DahMan!
haha lol!! we'll c, i've learned some tricks 2 >.>:embarrass

south has been good were getting better. yeah doodah took a tourney in cfl. too easy for him lol

_Riot_

Smash Journeyman
yea speaking of coming back down i hope you have a pull out bed or something im living out your house til you move back to NY

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
Tipman, you need to come to the west coast. i want to try out my ganon against probly the best in the country. (no im not trying to be cocky, just wondering if I can even stand a chance against him.)

mood4food77

Smash Hero
tipman moving to new york, finally, a ganon user that can help me (if he moves around the city area)

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
the ledge hop uair always throws off the ppl I play with it never fails except when I don't land on the ledge ha

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
so my friend uses fox and uses dash cancelling to grab me and I was wondering if it is possible to dash cancel with ganon and if it is it worth the trouble for the lengrth or is it to short cuz I could never get teh timing down and I figured TT could get some hit boxes for that plz

Top Bottom