• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Path of the Gerudo King, a Ganondorf guide by TT, ver 1.21.01.00

Vall3y

Smash Lord
say tipman, how do you chainthrow fox\falco?
uthrow is too laggy, works only on high % and they can escape rather easy
so.. umm maybe im doing it wrong? dhtrow maybe? =p

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Use Dthrow at any % for fox & falco...

follow the tech as well so u can stay on their *****... this can be very annoying for the falco/fox players and is more effective on smaller stages i.e. (yoshi story, BF, etc.)

Josiah

Smash Cadet
Granted, it was against a computer, but I could chain grab Falco or Fox from around 20% up to about 100%, and then I'd just finish them off in a couple of different ways. Usually it was u-throw and then uair or bair, or d-throw again and then gerudo.

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
Wow, I'm really starting to love Ganondorf. I mean, his lack of speed on the ground is more than made up for by his ranged aerials. No shieldgrab for you, n00b. Anyway, I'm playing Ganon almost as much as Falcon now, and I thought I could lend a quick hand.

I was going through your guide and your definition for the Nair is a bit weak. I've discovered that vs. my friends Luigi it's a great followup from a Dthrow since a Uair seems to get interrupted consistently when I try it vs him. Same with Jiggs. This is, of course, at very low percentage. After that I tend to use Fair, Bair, or Uair depending on DI.

Keep updating the guide. It's really helping me out.

Thomas Tipman

Smash Champion
nair is not too good, your mistiming the uair after you attack because uair comes out 1 frame faster than nair so if youre hitting with nair and not uair theres a problem. you can use nair on someones sheild to stun them there long enough till you reach the ground or maybe at low percents nair and DI towards the opponent and hope both kicks hit for maximum damage, but over all nair isnt too good. *adds this to nair definition*

hey angelo itll be a while before i get your hitboxes since ive been training for this tourney coming up. i should get it to you hopefully by next week but you never know.

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
Hmmm, and I thought for a moment that the Nair had a use... :ohwell:

Ok, I'll work on my Uair timing. His WD is hard as hell for me to pull off because I'm so used to Falcon's WD. I guess I just need more practice with him.

You can get me those hitboxes whenever you have spare time. No rush.

Vall3y

Smash Lord
umm nair can be used , rarely though, when you are infront of your opponent in the air, and need to attack fast
but you shouldnt get into such situations often anyway

Renth

Smash Hero
AngeloBangelo said:
Hmmm, and I thought for a moment that the Nair had a use... :ohwell:

Ok, I'll work on my Uair timing. His WD is hard as hell for me to pull off because I'm so used to Falcon's WD. I guess I just need more practice with him.

You can get me those hitboxes whenever you have spare time. No rush.

Thing is, Ganons Nair is really useless unless you need a quick air attack that split second it's fast but not very helpful the majority of the time
It seems you like Captain Falcon :laugh: his Nair is very useful if done right you can use his Nair then quickly go into a Thunder Knee of Annhilation beautiful combo hard to master

(just putting in my 2 cents) :laugh:

Panik

Smash Journeyman
Hey TT, I got this guide back when it was version 1. What have you changed since? I noticed you added more movies, but what else.?

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
wow, just noticed de guide n read it. i was wonderin since triforce of power about y u havent made a guide yet. this is amazing; i love how u explain the matchups. i was getting bored of ~Shin_Ganondorf~ 's guide

INVICTUS

Smash Rookie
Fantastic stuff man - I'm beginning to get more interested in Ganon than my other two characters, so I'll be sure to bookmark this and keep at it as I progress. Huge props for the effort though man, the community owes you.

Cheers.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Yo Tipman. Our camera guy didn't show up at our last tourney, but I have confirmed with another dude who's bringing a camera to this smash fest we're having on Saturday with B.C's best and I'll get some footage done in there with my ganon playing probably a samus, fox, falco, or marth...

psykomasta

Smash Apprentice
I love Ganondorf in the game. He's my favorite character. Not only does he have the most powerful moves, but he can get back up to the top of the stage if you know how to use him (wall-hugging, dummies!!!!) I like using the combo forward B, forward B, up Y, down B, down B, spike off the stage. Try it. It really works.

Ganon_Smash86

Smash Rookie
ever since I watched the vid you made, how to wield the triforce of power it been like wrapping my brain around a gold bar to learn all those moves. And you come out with this. Totally freakin sweet man. Time for somemore study time.

Titan44

Smash Apprentice
Only seen the vids vs Falcon so far, but good ****. Your edge-guarding game looks flawless. U-air spike x30 ftw :laugh:

Btw, I see the second Falcon match was labeled as being round 4? Was this finals or something?

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
TIPMAN I finally gots some vids of my ganon, should I just post a link to the downloads or what?

EDIT: Also I saw your dittos' with Raffy! NICEEEEE man I think you make my ganon look scrub-ish but it doesn't suck too much **** so yehhh.... :laugh:

JFox

Smash Hero
Yo Tipman, your ganon is pretty. I love the mindgames, especially the use of the Waveland on those platforms. It surprises me (and the opponent) every time. I feel I too should incorporate the waveland in my play style. Very nice ganon.

Falco SSBM

Smash Cadet
Thank you

Thomas Tipman ,
Wow, first off props on the guild. I'v read the entire guild twice, and when I say I'v read the entire guild twice Im serious, and thats just the entire guild, I'v looked through the guild on certain parts several times. I was, and probably still am a smash newb and all, but this guild was gonna decide if I was gonna play wit the G-man or not and I can safelly say I entind to master Gand. Im sayin I entend to be the bes with him on this planet and I'd like to thank you and all who helped with this guild cause it opened my eyes to the awsome tri-force power in which only the G-man could posses...but anyway probs on the guild and the vidz too. ;) The G-man will be my main from here on out and I will master him, so thanx agin for the help, I give this guild 10 outta 10 on how effective it is, also Ima make a vid wit the G-man...you mind if I put it on here?

Chaotix_0

Smash Apprentice
AngeloBangelo said:
First comment w00t! The guide isn't even up yet, but I can already tell you're just going to be like "OMFG JUST LIKE USE THE REVERSE UAIRS A LOT VS FALCON 4 TEH WINZ!" Just kidding, I'm sure it will be really good. When it's up, I'll read it and give you my thoughts.

Edit: So far it's really good. Very detailed, but not too detailed so that it's a pain to read through. It's very well organized and the seperation of colors makes it really easy to read. I also really like the moves hitboxes all displayed through Action Replay. Totally sexy. I can't wait to see the rest of the guide. Hopefully this will get stickied when it's completed.

Edit: I just wanted to say that 3:57 AM or not, I'm always willing to help out. A good smasher never sleeps... If you need anything else, I'm more than willing to lend a hand.
Hell yah sleep is for the weak-minded
Nice Guide, attention to detail never hurts, now do one fo Pika (lmao)

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Tipman, I want to let you know you are and always have been my idol =D. You were the one who has kept me in faith with Ganondorf, and after seeing the Triforce of Power video I can tell that eventually I will be able to whoop people just like you do!

I've been practicing everything in the video and the guide, and I can do everything except one thing (besides the infinite edgehog #2 =/)...Ledgehopped Uairs ARRGH! However, I found out how to maneuver my fingers and stuff so eventually I can get that down =).

However, while I can't do ledgehopped Uairs, I can Ledgehop Uair to edgehog like a mofo...isn't that ironic? I'm not sure if you're still having Uair edgehog woes, but this is how I do it: basically, you smash the joystick back (not tap, you want to move back) and press jump like 1 frame after (or whatever the timing is, just press is soon!) and smash the joystick forward once it has reached back (kind of like a dash dance maneuver on your joystick). Hit up on the C-stick at the same time (or 1 frame after; again, I don't know, just ASAP) and grabbing the ledge should be a piece of cake (try to think independantly, don't think "Back, jump, forward, up air", think "smash back hold forward on left, jump Uair on right". Now, I don't know if you personally will have difficulty doing this, because I hold my controller a different way than most other people: Thumb on C-stick, index finger on the A/B/Y buttons and middle finger on the Z, soo...I'm not sure if doing it the conventional method with your thumb only is too tough or not. Hope this helps though! The problem is that you move back a tad doing the Uair, so you don't spike people directly below the ledge (I think) like your ledgehopped Uair, but hey, it can set up some nice stuff.

Besides that, LONG LIVE TIPMAN! Seriously man, you deserve some much deserved props on your fantastic work on the guide/video and at bringing Ganondorf to a high level where he belongs, and I hope you continue the tradition.

Okay, that was probably a waste of reading time, because I just figured out it's easy for me to do because of the way I hold my controller, I can do jumps and Uairs at the exact same time, and now I see why it's difficult for you. Sorry to waste your time =(.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Your too modest Tipman, it's you (and Shin) that have got me playing Ganondorf at the level that it deserves to be. I wouldn't know what I could've been capable of had it not been for your video. Because of you, my Uair edgeguards are more finely tuned (although they still need a bit of work on the timing aspect =/), I can platform/ledge dash (which I never would have thought of), SH double airs (never thought of that either, still needs work though...), and read some opponents better too! You rock Tipman, and you deserve all the credit that you get.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Yo tipman. Just had a tournament on saturday and some skypallers showed up. I got a best of 7 my ganon vs Sastophers Peach if you would like to add it into the guide?

and don't worry, I don't dissapoint ;). It's not like I beat Sas in the set though, come on, he's TOO good. :psycho:

Top Bottom