• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Path of Exile - Free To Play Action RPG

Zoler

Smash Ace
Just don't really need it because of how many times LA hits. If I miss once don't really care considering every time I hit them my arrows hits them like 3 times each and each shock stack makes them do more and more damage. I would rather use those two points for the 16% chaos resist.
If you miss with groundslam you miss every target at least, it's not the same with LA?

The top ranger Nugi says in his guide that you should NEVER EVER drop resolute technique...

With 87% hit chance I notice I miss a lot.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
If you don't even need to hit the target to hit with LA, it's an explosion. You can aim for the wall and still hit them, it bypasses mechanics.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Did my first race today. Was a 2 hour part race. I got 979th lol which is ok considering I started 10 minutes late and I did it solo.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Finished the game then lagged death, good ****! GG PoE. Anyways I think I'm done though, got what I wanted and now doing it all over again will definitely not be fun.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Tried a duelist out for the first time ever in a 3 hour solo race. I got 38th place out of 1000 and was the 15th highest ranked duelist o.o. My previous best was 232nd place on a ranger lol.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Finally beat the game on Merc :). I'm level 66. Time for maps!

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Unfortunately for me, i died inside a rare map which was moderately hard. I walked into a room and then *hand claps loudly* boom exploded to chaos dmg serpents. I think the map had elemental weakness + 98% added fire dmg, frenzy and some other ****. Teaches me to have even more chaos resist.. bursted down in 1 sec. Ill try again, it wasnt a stupid death.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Unfortunately for me, i died inside a rare map which was moderately hard. I walked into a room and then *hand claps loudly* boom exploded to chaos dmg serpents. I think the map had elemental weakness + 98% added fire dmg, frenzy and some other ****. Teaches me to have even more chaos resist.. bursted down in 1 sec. Ill try again, it wasnt a stupid death.
Dude most of the top players don't even play elemental weakness maps haha, those are wayyyy too hard. And yeah, chaos resist is super important for maps. I've currently got like -4 in merc, would really like to get positive. I already know what build I'm going to do next if I die, so I won't be too upset if I lose my character while mapping.

finalark

SNORLAX
I've decided to start playing this today because I needed something to scratch my MMO itch.

I really hope it's good, I'm patching right now.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Elemental Cleave is the most ridiculous build early-game. I'm one- or two-shotting everything that isn't yellow, this is so silly.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
finalark it's amazing but it's not an MMO if that's what you are expecting.

Waveshine, yeah it's a great early game build. I assume you're doing it with templar? A lot of templars in races like to go frost nova and then switch spec into ele cleave because the damage stacking is so easy.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
is elemental cleave a new skill?
Nah, just a name for particular build. Cleave's damage reduction only applies to physical, any elemental damage modifiers get by unmolested. On top of that, you're attacking with both weapons, so any +elemental damage stuff on weapons does like four times more damage than it should.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
FML just lost my level 80 ranger doing maps. Got melted by dogs :/. I just spent almost ALL of my currency 5 linking my godly bow as well :/. 10 minutes later I die.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Roll a new character, trying to think of a build I want to do though.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
One of the guys I run maps with has an absolutely crazy build. He uses a 6 link Soul Mantle(http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Soul_Mantle) which is basically a 7 link item with Spark, Spark, Spark, Item Quantity, Item Rarity, Culling strike(kills monsters under 30% life instantly).

We were going through 40 wisdom scrolls a map each, there is so much loot on the ground that it's hard to move without picking stuff up lol.

http://i457.photobucket.com/albums/qq294/Hylian88/Loot1_zps4ed60bef.png
http://i457.photobucket.com/albums/qq294/Hylian88/Loot2_zpsc1982e05.png
http://i457.photobucket.com/albums/qq294/Hylian88/Loot3_zps715fac52.png

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Holy... crap. lol.. So much crap though!
Haha only because we had already picked up all the rares. We have to leave probably 20+ rares on the ground because there are too many x.x

Divinokage

Smash Legend
But its crazy that you would see that much stuff on the floor, its pretty absurd lol. Just look at how much junk there is compared to the useful stuff, oh my..

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
I've started to play again. Playing a Ranger now which I'm finding really fun, nearing the end of normal.

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
Oh what the hell, i didn't know this thread existed. Had the game for a while now.

Had a good run with some friends on hardcore or whatever until two of us died in the underwater caves, lol.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Degen bears hurts hah.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC