• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Path of Exile - Free To Play Action RPG

Player-3

Smash Hero
that wasn't his question

his question was if you have the 4 links all linked together can you have two spell gems and two support gems and have the support gems both affect the two spells at the same time

i have no idea but that's what i got from the question

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I believe any support gems will affect any spell gems inside a link no matter the position or number.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
There's only a few you can get with quests and you get better ones in cruel/merciless mode. Other than that, you have to trade or get extremely lucky.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Best ring I've gotten from Dialla so far and I'm in normal lol.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
There's only a few you can get with quests and you get better ones in cruel/merciless mode. Other than that, you have to trade or get extremely lucky.
Crap.

How much are they 'worth'?

Well, let me list the ones I'm looking for;

Spell Totem, Greater Multiple Projectiles, Faster Casting, Increased Critical Strikes/Damage, Cold Penetration, Faster Projectiles, Haste, Clarity, Discipline, Purity and Blood Rage.

Here's the build I'm copying. Though I think I screwed it up already (
Took the +40 mana rather than the passive. I didn't know it would screw me out of the passive option.
)

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/97518/page/1

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABVuLjOFz7SBG113G3fNgbZ2AtoZ9UzmKEGkwl4KbKU_sODrYTdiMdp48gW_kIo5k96a2-k1BvHlaa2aecU2az0NjtzFY9Z3EGmydrqcI2CQ2xR8CnqGvm5UEVkosnK6zBUJBloIQ37AHpQLjSbIEB0yzLR9tGY48F1QigTvhu9YRUOL3pyvmgQdjVyuLesHzoqN_xsHFLL_sGMNtT79DVB3ZL50W8yY8EZado_yrj0aBSbI4Zk8OSOOEwFFw1V3ycFLz6ohC8h0=

Best ring I've gotten from Dialla so far and I'm in normal lol.

I should put up a screen shot of the Amulet and Ring I got over the last two days.

One was an 'orange' (Legendary?) and the other had some decent Magic Find for my level.

Feh. Magic Find.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Anyone have a life on hit or life leech gem they are will to give/trade to me? I need it for my tank ranger as I'm about to hit blood magic but no luck finding it :(.

Edit: In HC.

Zoler

Smash Ace
Is anyone having as much trouble finding support gems as I am?

Or is it just me (almost level 30)?
There is no way of actually finding anything good for your character unless you get lucky, you're supposed to trade.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Anyone have a life on hit or life leech gem they are will to give/trade to me? I need it for my tank ranger as I'm about to hit blood magic but no luck finding it :(.

Edit: In HC.
Wait.. you went ALL the way to blood magic as a ranger? Eeehhh.. seems like such a waste.

Zoler

Smash Ace
Blood magic is a must on ranger. Unless you have gear that gives mana or mana reg your mana pool will go to 0 after 1 second.

And you never want to get mana items on a ranger.

Tho if you want blood magic you should have enough life regen that the spells are free. Lifesteal shouldn't be needed.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I just use clarity for mana, I just use 1-2 shots, everything explodes and im still full mana. It doesn't seem like reserving life is something I would want on ranger, they are already squishy. I planned to get just a bit more mana so i can rock 3-4 auras.

Edit: In merciless now... **** is real.. almost died lol. I also feel pretty weak now, idk if I should go for more damage nodes or still go for more hp/resists?

Player-3

Smash Hero
i've started playing default alot more than my HC chars because the stress of dying isn't as fun at the moment since i want to mess around with builds and not worry about dying (plus alot of my more casual friends are starting to play so im having alot of fun playing with them lol, and all my gems+wealth is on default now)

got a pair of unique boots today for my summoner witch, +1 zombie/spectre and bonus hp!

Zoler

Smash Ace
Why would a ranger be squishy kage? You get the same HP nodes on ranger as on a marauder and templar.

Melee isn't really tankier than Ranged at all, they all have the same passive skill tree.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Yeah I picked up Golems blood and unwavering stance on my way to blood magic, going to get resolute technique and then go into the marauder tree, head up into the templar tree for all the life nodes and then make my way to static shock.

Zoler

Smash Ace
I didn't use to like blood magic either because I liked auras and it wasn't need at the time, but when I got a high attack speed 2h mace with 5 linked ground slam + faster attacks + physical damage + added fire damage + life leech my mana pool just got annihilated. :/

Also it's SO goddamn amazing not having to have any mana pots, I have 2 health pots and 2 quicksilver flasks that I rolled into another +28% movement speed so +68% total, way higher chance of getting away of bad situations, also faster farming. The 5th flask is a amethyst flask I found that gives like +30% chaos resistance I think, also I rolled it so it also removes frozen/chilled effects.

When I get home from the hospital and can finally play the game I'm going to buy 1-2 granite flasks too.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I just dont like Blood magic, reserving life ftl.
The build I cam up with I pretty much have to use blood magic, and I'm tankier because of it in a way(that way being I kill things much faster).

I'm using lightning arrow with LMP/Chain/Life on Hit. It costs me around 60 life to shoot 1 LA. If I had mana that would be impossible to sustain without wasting a bunch of nodes on mana regen stuff. Instead of wasting nodes on mana regen I'm pumping them all into life. My life regen is like 60 per second currently on my ranger and I'm level 48 with no endurance charges. I have about 60% damage reduction from armor and a ton of life. I reserve a small amount of life for the evasion buff(totally worth it) and don't use any other auras. I shoot 1 arrow into a room and then entire room blows up. The life on hit gem instantly grants me back the life I spend, I actually gain life for things I hit not lose life. So I can spam infinitely and clear out huge rooms while being super tanky with a ton of armor/life and max resists.

I'm not wasting anything, I just very carefully planned out my build. It sucked until I hit 40 but man is it amazing now.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
My HC character died the other day. Been playing LAN with a friend and muted my speakers when you talk to that pirate captain who lost his Allflame or whatever it was. Forgot to unmute duringte fight and didn't notice I was taking damage among allmy skelies/zombies v.v

If NerfNow is anything to go by, going Blood MAgic's a good move, and his explanation makes sense.

I finished the game using a Firestorm / Energy Shield Witch. The game gives lots of flexibility to beat Merciless difficulty BUT if we are talking about the very high end, dropped maps and beyond, most builds end up stacking as much health as possible. I say "most" because there are Totem Masters which can choose to go a little easier on the tankability if they want.
Thing is, if you stack absurds ammount of health and use your health to fuel your skills, you solved both your mana and hp problems. It's an easy solution which fits most builds you want to do, be it Lighting Arrow or Freezing Pulse. Hell, I could remake my Firestorm Witch as a Firestorm Marauder with Blood Magic and it would be an improvement.
It doesn't help if you deal too much damage you can be one-shotted by reflect damage monsters so you want to be super tanky and not too spiky.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Ahh you have a chain and life on hit, I do not so it is a problem right now, I can't do that spec and I'm poor. The way I do it right now is my equip has like +10 mana a kill which is more than enough to get all my mana back when everything blows up. I use Lmp, fork with weapon elemental dmg with LA.

Zoler

Smash Ace
Of course blood magic isn't needed that early but late it's kinda the best on every class and for every build..

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Just lost my level 51 ranger to piety ;_;. Didn't have enough lightning res :/. At least it was my fault this time instead of the game crashing lol.

Zoler

Smash Ace
Lost my lvl 68 Marauder to merci vaal **** :D That double rock killed me instantly

Made a ranger now, lvl 28, having fun so its fine!

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Was talking to Kage about the build I'm using and figured I should just post it in here:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-...tg-4O7m_vDu9O7_DwH_Iv8930-PZI9775Y_rS_E78xf3P

I get these in order:

Thick skin
Iron Reflexes
Unwavering Stance
Blood Magic
Marauder Tree
Templar Tree
Static Blows
Iron Grip
Fill in random life nodes with remaining points.

I use Lightning Arrow with Chain/LMP/LifeonHit/ElementalDamage and then whatever else I will need at that point.

Player-3

Smash Hero
hit merciless earlier today lol my makeshift build isn't cutting it, this stuff is brutal

doesn't help that i was fed false information concerning eldritch battery + % mana reserve auras <_< so i wasted like 16 passive points going to EB instead of IR

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
No Resolute techniques? I guess you have Lioneyes Glare?
Just don't really need it because of how many times LA hits. If I miss once don't really care considering every time I hit them my arrows hits them like 3 times each and each shock stack makes them do more and more damage. I would rather use those two points for the 16% chaos resist.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Ya for ranger it doesnt really matter, lightning arrows just ***** everything one shot regardless, provided the right support gems of course.

Top Bottom