• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
^poor Blue team. That's the first time I've seen 4 G&Ws in doubles.

I don't have skype/facebook etc because it draws me in when I should be doing other things :/
Lag was the wild card. It was SO slow...

I feel the same but I actually have those 2. :urg:

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
My opinion of the MK matchup, not that anybody may care...

50:50 when the match first starts, 55:45 GnW favor when GnW has a 30%+ lead, 70:30 MK's favor when he has a 30%+ lead.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
My opinion of the MK matchup, not that anybody may care...

50:50 when the match first starts, 55:45 GnW favor when GnW has a 30%+ lead, 70:30 MK's favor when he has a 30%+ lead.
Getting a lead is hard, so I would say 60:40 when the match first starts, and only 50:50 when GaW has a lead.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Mk has an easier time and has more options to bait a move, and he can string attacks very well and easily to get a solid lead.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
Day my G&W is doing good!

Beat Bio and Wiscus a few times today!

Wiscus did get a match or 2 on me with puff though :mad:
That's great! I'm glad! We still need to do Wifi so we can go over things!

And heyo, guys! I was out this weekend, but back now!

As for MK/GnW matchup I can definitely say it's 40:60 MK's favor. But it's my favorite matchup and my most knowledgeable so I can definitely help!

I also secondary Metaknight so if anyone want to wifi I can help you that way, too!

Rizen

Smash Legend
MK da bess.

I miss people on Xat :( . If someone wants to wifi, leave a visitor message if you don't see me.

My G&W's improving but still lacks in juggling. I need so recognize setups faster. Bucket breaking is alien to me. I keep using Bair or Dair to momentum cancel.
On the positive side I'm beginning to space opponents like Marth and Snake and take 2 stocks of them.
Although Link will always be my best character.

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
MK da bess.

I miss people on Xat :( . If someone wants to wifi, leave a visitor message if you don't see me.

My G&W's improving but still lacks in juggling. I need so recognize setups faster. Bucket breaking is alien to me. I keep using Bair or Dair to momentum cancel.
On the positive side I'm beginning to space opponents like Marth and Snake and take 2 stocks of them.
Although Link will always be my best character.
C'mon get skype already, you'll be able to talk directly with all of us. :)
Buket will come with time and practice. Make sure you practice few times, it helps to learn it as a reflex.

Rizen

Smash Legend
C'mon get skype already, you'll be able to talk directly with all of us. :)
Buket will come with time and practice. Make sure you practice few times, it helps to learn it as a reflex.
I tend to wander to online chats/forums when I need to be doing something else and should be careful not to spend too much time online. More so, lol.
G&W boards are a great group of people:bee:.

I 2 stocked a Jiggly and see what people mean about the MU because I'm not a good G&W. Did a few bucket breaks too:).
I warned him when he said "going green greens" did he listen? NO!
Good stuff. It makes me want to play offline again. In CO I have to drive 1.5 to 2.5 hours to get to many smashfests which is why I'm a wifi player. That and insomnia.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Mk has an easier time and has more options to bait a move, and he can string attacks very well and easily to get a solid lead.
This also applies to GnW.... lol

MK might have a SLIGHT advantage when the match starts, like 55:45, but it's not bad at all in the beginning, it only becomes really stupid if MK gets the lead and sits on it.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I feel like you're saying that just because you saw lots of rolling.... If you saw I only rolled when avoiding grenades and when snake wasn't near me. I rolled like twice when snake was near me and it paid off one time (got a grab) the other time I got hit by dash attack, so no big deal.

Exdeath

Smash Master
I feel like you're saying that just because you saw lots of rolling.... If you saw I only rolled when avoiding grenades and when snake wasn't near me. I rolled like twice when snake was near me and it paid off one time (got a grab) the other time I got hit by dash attack, so no big deal.
Just because he doesn't punish it properly doesn't mean that it isn't a bad habit.

Exdeath

Smash Master
You rolled away and were hit by Ftilt. You rolled when you weren't near Snake and you were hit by a grenade explosion. You rolled away when you were slightly above Snake and were just generally inefficient. Many other times you would be hit by a grenade and then roll. You rolled into a jab. None of this is including what you mentioned, neither does is it including his missed guaranteed punishes. The only time that I saw you roll with success was when you dodged a dash grab, and even then it did not place you in a good position.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
k whatever you say. Watch other matches, I don't roll at all. It's game 5 on green greens. Most of my rolling revolved around rolling when he wasn't near and to avoid grenades which I find is usually the best option. Rolling above him on platforms to avoid a second utilt is a good idea because if you spot dodge he can time it to hit you again, if you upB he can still hit you if he times it, and if you jump he can chase and uair. Rolling he'd have to predict it which is not as easy as any of the other options.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
G&W vs Metaknight is fun when you're hitting him or grabbing him. F-tilt is a huge ***** though. Generally I just wait in shield and try to D-tilt him out of it when I get F-tilted.

I just realized that I don't D-throw -> techchase F-air nearly enough. **** is so amazing when you need kills, especially since MK users will typically avoid teching in place or not teching when they don't want to get killed. Gotta implement this in more matchups too, since I'm pretty certain that properly timed, it hits everyone.

Exdeath

Smash Master
k whatever you say. Watch other matches, I don't roll at all. It's game 5 on green greens. Most of my rolling revolved around rolling when he wasn't near and to avoid grenades which I find is usually the best option. Rolling above him on platforms to avoid a second utilt is a good idea because if you spot dodge he can time it to hit you again, if you upB he can still hit you if he times it, and if you jump he can chase and uair. Rolling he'd have to predict it which is not as easy as any of the other options.
Power shielding grenades is better than rolling. Rolling away from Utilt is just about as unsafe on start-up as Up-B and much more unsafe once the invincibility wears off. If he was going to chase your jump you still would have been Uaired because you'd still be in lag and giving him time to hit you on reaction. G&W's roll is slow enough that you don't need to predict it unless you're trying to Fsmash it or walk up>do something like Utilt (due to safety).

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Just avoiding the grenades with your movement is a better option. Also he missed a lot of opportunities to punish your roll.

BTW, I lost to a MK this weekend because he got the lead and wouldn't approach(Plus I killed myself at 40) T.T

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Power shielding grenades is better than rolling. Rolling away from Utilt is just about as unsafe on start-up as Up-B and much more unsafe once the invincibility wears off. If he was going to chase your jump you still would have been Uaired because you'd still be in lag and giving him time to hit you on reaction. G&W's roll is slow enough that you don't need to predict it unless you're trying to Fsmash it or walk up>do something like Utilt (due to safety).
You claimed something and then gave no reason. On a platform, he cannot punish a roll if you immediately roll after he hits your shield. I have never been uaired by any snake after rolling in reaction to getting utilted on my shield.

Just avoiding the grenades with your movement is a better option. Also he missed a lot of opportunities to punish your roll.

BTW, I lost to a MK this weekend because he got the lead and wouldn't approach(Plus I killed myself at 40) T.T
Yes avoiding grenades by movement is the best option but not when they are very close to exploding, and are above you. The best option is to either time a power shield, dodge or roll. Rolling is the safest option and has the greatest chance of success, and in the positions I was in, snake couldn't punish no matter what, and even if he could, grenade explosions usually cover tracks.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I don't know if this helps but I'll 'throw it out'. 'Nades are easy to stop with projectiles and hurt Snake too. Would jump/SH (dodge the first)>chef be good vs grenades from a medium-long distance? It could stop 'nades next to Snake like Link's arrows/boomerang camping.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Lol chef stops nades, but the range of chef kind of sucks, and jumping around them is really easy. GaW should not really get hit by them ever tbh, I just ****ed up a couple times.

Splice

Smash Hero
yeah dont bother trying to hit nades Arisen, either catch to fast throw back or just dodge all of then like a GaW main ;)

Also Alphicans you'd probably do well to take most of the advice Xdeath and GIMR have given you instead of stubbornly sticking to claiming rolling is better any good at all...

Rizen

Smash Legend
I bet ducking helps avoid them too. How should G&W approach Snake with his broken reach? Marth can't force an approach but Snake can and his tilts cut my G&W down. Same thing applies with Ike's jabs to a lesser extent.

G&W's roll's no good?

Alphicans

Smash Hero
yeah dont bother trying to hit nades Arisen, either catch to fast throw back or just dodge all of then like a GaW main ;)

Also Alphicans you'd probably do well to take most of the advice Xdeath and GIMR have given you instead of stubbornly sticking to claiming rolling is better any good at all...
Idk, I just feel like I have a really good grasp on how to vs snake, probably better than both of them. I definitely do not need help with that m/u. I posted a match on green greens with a funny ending....

Top Bottom