• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I think GaW's feel that marth isn't a bad match-up because we play so alike. That means if we're a better player, the match-up feels like we have a chance. Once you play a marth that knows the match-up + is better than you by a bit, you really have no hope.

I've been able to beat the marth main in my region as GaW for the longest time, and just recently at a tournament he 3 stocked me, and then beat me on RC. This has never happened before, and it's because he has finally learned how to deal with GaW's BS.

Rizen

Smash Legend
There's a big difference if the player knows what they're doing or not, even if they're good. Falcos who know what they're doing, camping and not actually fighting unless the have a sure hit, are a royal pain. Same goes for MKs who are smart with tornadoes.

What moves can G&W do to stop or best avoid MK nados? Besides DI up>Dair.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Tornado is useless vs GaW, and actually dangerous. UpB him, and he goes into free fall and you get free moves off on him, sometimes even smashes.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Up-B OOS is pretty good.

If you are in a position to react to the Tornado quickly, D-smash also is AMAZING against the Tornado. Dash Attack and Judgement are also options that can beat it.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I would...but my friends and I need housing. =(

Plus, I wanted to actually go there to play Melee. But again...we don't have housing.

Anyhow if people are bored, probably the new trick that I'm trying to implement in my game is actually hitting people with G&W's U-air. Everyone should be aware that the 2nd hit is a pretty decently strong KO move. It's worth noting that from 110-130, you can basically do 1st hit N-air -> fullhop U-air for a vertical KO.

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
I've found that if you jump into people with upair like you would with nair, they usually try to airdodge and get hit with the second hit of upair. This kills a decent percent and can supplement smash attacks as a kill move on certain characters (mostly those that are hard to hit with smashes, like Marth and MK).
I really need to try out A2Z's nair autocancel tricks, they sound immensely useful.

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
I've found that if you jump into people with upair like you would with nair, they usually try to airdodge and get hit with the second hit of upair. This kills a decent percent and can supplement smash attacks as a kill move on certain characters (mostly those that are hard to hit with smashes, like Marth and MK).
I really need to try out A2Z's nair autocancel tricks, they sound immensely useful.
You missed the 3rd hit Nair cancel Hype combos. :)

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Hyping 3rd hit N-air -> D-smash is over. I actually did pull it off in tournament, but didn't save the match.

What I want to hype is 1st hit N-air -> fullhop U-air.

Rizen

Smash Legend

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
It has also been told that Ganon conquers Zelda, who makes Link her *****. They mesh like Fire, Water, and Grass. The catch? They only beat each other (except Zelda, who ***** Fox).

Rizen

Smash Legend
Zelda/Link MU is arguably 5/5. Link beats Ivysaur. Only Link and Pit teaming can beat Ganon because Link has the Master sword and Pit has light arrows.

ItoI6

Smash Journeyman
Chozo i never see u around the RD chatroom, i thought u were taking a break from brawl but apparently ur here? Anyway ive been meanin to ask you if i can download ssb64 from the shop channel without my wii bricking because of my homebrew. Can it be done?

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
Chozo i never see u around the RD chatroom, i thought u were taking a break from brawl but apparently ur here? Anyway ive been meanin to ask you if i can download ssb64 from the shop channel without my wii bricking because of my homebrew. Can it be done?
There is a way to install all that is possible from the shop chanel for free, and to make it work. :)

Splice

Smash Hero
since you already have homebrew... why dont you just use that to play SSB64 using roms or plug-in-hardrives or w/e... you can SSB64 and p.much every other game too.

Man I wish I had homebrew. My wii's disc drive broke, (for no reason mind you) but if id hacked beforehand id be able to play games off a harddrive, no need for disc drive. But I'm already 4.3+... man nintendo, next time im gonna be forced to hack my wii as a safeguard against your consoles poor quality of will to continue to function.

:C

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
HomeBrew + Shop Channel = bricked now? I wasn't aware.
I thought the main problem was the need to update your Wii to use Wii Shop, and the updates removing HomeBrew versions 1.0.6 and earlier.

ItoI6

Smash Journeyman
Well idk how to get ssb64 off of homebrew otherwise i would, it just seems simpler to buy it and be done with it. The only reason i got homebrew was to get the infinite replay hack and once i got it i didnt really know anything or care about homebrew until now. if someone has like a guide to get stuff off homebrew thatd be great if ud link ne to it. Oh and it says i cant go to the shop channel unless i install an update so thats why im worried itll break

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
Installing the update with HomeBrew on your Wii will do one of two things:
Install normally and remove HomeBrew
Install normally and not remove HomeBrew
Bricking can not result from installing a Nintendo update. The only time your Wii will be bricked in concordance with HomeBrew is when you start hacking at the Wii itself, which you're not, you're merely using an SD code loader via HBC. Go ahead and install the update, if you have HB v1.0.7 or newer it won't remove it.

Top Bottom