• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

Rizen

Smash Legend
^Seeing how this is on every character social thread, not even movie thread, it is just spam.

Splice

Smash Hero
ToC I don't think thats good advice but w/e.
Pretty sure update 4.3E will kill the wii if it's got any homebrew.

@Other Jiggs Avatar Person:
Someone should show you how to use homebrew to get SSB64, you're doing yourself a disservice not to utilise Homebrews wonders. I think you'll need a portable hard drive though, got one?

Splice

Smash Hero
That's crazy yep. Unless your update was before Update 4.3E, I can't say I really understand why your wii isn't bricked.

I did the update after hacking mine for infinite replay, but I deleted homebrew before I updated coz I didnt really want it. Now I want it coz my disc drive is broken =___=

Im sure you could do something to get stuff off Wii Shop, but since you have homebrew... get everything for free!

I dont actually know how to this you see but my friend says:

"download a .wad file (using the wad manager)
which contains the SSB64 virtual console rom
and use wad installer to install it
then just play from wii menu
or you can launch from gecko, which lets you use GC controller and launch games not in your region"

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
That's crazy yep. Unless your update was before Update 4.3E, I can't say I really understand why your wii isn't bricked.

I did the update after hacking mine for infinite replay, but I deleted homebrew before I updated coz I didnt really want it. Now I want it coz my disc drive is broken =___=

Im sure you could do something to get stuff off Wii Shop, but since you have homebrew... get everything for free!

I dont actually know how to this you see but my friend says:

"download a .wad file (using the wad manager)
which contains the SSB64 virtual console rom
and use wad installer to install it
then just play from wii menu
or you can launch from gecko, which lets you use GC controller and launch games not in your region"
It's pretty much doomed, because the new way to instal homebrew for 4.3 is to use bugs in game which require to have a disc drive... Howdy.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Homebrew basically allows you to run things on your Wii you normally couldn't before, i.e. the Homebrew Channel, a channel that you normally wouldn't be able to use/run on your Wii otherwise.

With the Homebrew channel, you can do a variety of things which involve playing games/using applications people have specifically, emulators which can run games, or Gecko, a popular program used not only to run isos, but to also run cheat codes for games i.e. texture hacks/music/codesets for brawl.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Homebrew basically allows you to run things on your Wii you normally couldn't before, i.e. the Homebrew Channel, a channel that you normally wouldn't be able to use/run on your Wii otherwise.

With the Homebrew channel, you can do a variety of things which involve playing games/using applications people have specifically, emulators which can run games, or Gecko, a popular program used not only to run isos, but to also run cheat codes for games i.e. texture hacks/music/codesets for brawl.
I really appreciate you taking the time to answer that question. Seems unique. I might look into it sometime.

Splice

Smash Hero
It's pretty much doomed, because the new way to instal homebrew for 4.3 is to use bugs in game which require to have a disc drive... Howdy.
Yeah I know, with Lego Indiana Jones or Yugioh lol.
Pretty much the worst situation possible? It sure is. I actually need to buy a new Wii altogether (well ill probs buy a second hand one lol!) unless some repair shop can repair it.

Rizen

Smash Legend
My wii's motor burnt out and i sent it to Nintendo for repairs. Since then I unplug it when I don't play for a while; it got very hot.
That's why I haven't hacked my wii, they wouldn't have repaired it. For any wii unplugging it when not in use is a good idea.

...But I don't have the infinite replay hack and can only record cr***y 3 min replays :( . I'll post them in the video thread.

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
Yeah I know, with Lego Indiana Jones or Yugioh lol.
Pretty much the worst situation possible? It sure is. I actually need to buy a new Wii altogether (well ill probs buy a second hand one lol!) unless some repair shop can repair it.
Yeah, maybe you can try to bring it to repair it. It might cost somehow less than buying a new one. Hopefully for you.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Got back from WGF. Fun stuff, and making it out of pools in Melee was icing on the cake. Met Oki and Zekey and showed them some of my G&W tricks. I also got to play Bardull's Marth in a friendly, and it was pretty close and fun stuff. I'd talk more but I'm hella burnt out and behind on work lol.

And shoutout to Old Man Grey. Post more in these boards!

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
So I just started playing Brawl again today, representing with Cyan/Red G&W.

I managed to beat Jungle once or twice!

God I love his 2D antics.

Splice

Smash Hero
Yeah, maybe you can try to bring it to repair it. It might cost somehow less than buying a new one. Hopefully for you.
Yeah I hate it when repairing something costs more then getting a new one, thats just annoying. I'll probably end up with a new tbh *sigh*

^ Cost me $80.00 (American) but my data was saved and motors cost a lot.
My Datas all saved on SD card, ain't gonna lose nothing if I get a new one :)

Got back from WGF. Fun stuff, and making it out of pools in Melee was icing on the cake.
Tell us all about it! Where'd you place/who'd you play? Gdubs represent! :reverse:

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero

Does this also allow unlimited or possibly getting a good time amount for saying replays? If so I would need some info on how to obtain this. This is my main focus because it would save the hassle on recording with there being lag on online matches.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
So I just started playing Brawl again today, representing with Cyan/Red G&W.

I managed to beat Jungle once or twice!

God I love his 2D antics.
And I got your back! Tons of wifing to do!

Also, to get this out since I'm sloowly quitting competitive Smash I still want to help GnWers get better! Definitely hit me up and I'll WiFi people and help do my tips and tricks! People have came to me and I've helped them through WiFi. maybe I can do a video, too. o'= Just my voice is so weird! Aha.

Rizen

Smash Legend
@ Today,
I'd like to wifi too. Anyone who wants to wifi is always free to leave a visitor message. I should check out the G&W Xat chat. Can someone give a quick link?

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
And shoutout to Old Man Grey. Post more in these boards!
Oh, you remembered me. :embarrass:

I'll try my best to contribute in these boards....just as soon as we have those Ganon dittos.

Edit: My Skype username is greyzeppelin.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Day my G&W is doing good!

Beat Bio and Wiscus a few times today!

Wiscus did get a match or 2 on me with puff though :mad:

Rizen

Smash Legend
^poor Blue team. That's the first time I've seen 4 G&Ws in doubles.

I don't have skype/facebook etc because it draws me in when I should be doing other things :/

Top Bottom