• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
frigate is one of those stages u have to learn how to play on
you can't auto **** there like on RC or brinstar xD
also depends on which characters you're fighting imo

the mid platform can sometimes mess with your approaches depending on the formation
i wouldn't cp it vs snake/ZSS because they tend to hide under the plats in some of the formations

it's great stage against characters with meh recoverys,like fox,falco,wolf,oli,etc cuz of how you can pressure them when the moving platform is on the right side of the stage

overall it's not bad for G&W but it's not great for him either
Though if you know how to take advantage of the stage's formations,then you can really pressure your opponent at times lol.

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
Frigate is my go-to CP right now.
It's my overall favorite, and I've got tons of practice there, so I know the stage pretty **** good.

I wouldn't recommend CPing it, like Penta said, unless you've got experience on it, it's not one of those stages where you automatically **** like on Brinstar and RC.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
XD! Ah! I see!! Yeah.. There was once a tournament where Frigate was a starter and ended up going there. And I hate it when I get CP there myself. I'm just so bad at that stage. And I freak out when the stage changes because 7/10 I'll die from it. I also play Olimar so maybe I have a slight dislike of it from that as well. XP But yeah! Maybe I'll try it more with GnW and see if I can adjust to it just in case I am counterpicked there.
I do remember me playing Oli in tournament against another GnW and he counterpicked me to Frigate and I went GnW. And I did really well. Maybe I'll CP it for other GnWers. XD Haha. But thanks, guys!!

But brings me to another question. Where do you guys CP GnW?
At one point there was a GnW pools at a tournament (Somehow we all got into the same pool) which also included Lou. I figured the best option would be take them to a place you are good at and think they don't know much of. But that would be kind of hard if you don't know what they know and don't know. XP I remember being taken to Norfair and Rainbow Cruise and I wasn't complaining. But obviously neither were them! So what are your choices?

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
G&W dittos could go either way to be honest...

Though if you're confident about G&W vs G&W...then...go to whereever you think you'll play better at
I don't really suggest going brinstar or RC,cuz once one G&W gets the advantage,it's really difficult to catch up. Go on a more neutral stage like lylat,BF,or YI.

tho i really suggest just switching to another character
for myself,i switch to ike and cp halberd

the midplatform messes with their approaches and the low ceiling is great for early kills
it's also good for olimar:o

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
hello friends. I've been gone for a while... and I've been hooked on brawl + for a while...whats up?

Cinnanmonny

Smash Cadet
frigate is one of those stages u have to learn how to play on
you can't auto **** there like on RC or brinstar xD
also depends on which characters you're fighting imo

the mid platform can sometimes mess with your approaches depending on the formation
i wouldn't cp it vs snake/ZSS because they tend to hide under the plats in some of the formations

it's great stage against characters with meh recoverys,like fox,falco,wolf,oli,etc cuz of how you can pressure them when the moving platform is on the right side of the stage

overall it's not bad for G&W but it's not great for him either
Though if you know how to take advantage of the stage's formations,then you can really pressure your opponent at times lol.
I CP frigate against so many chars
I am terrible on rainbow cruise and brinstar :(

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
usual 17th at a tourney yesterday...

came close to beating NinjaLink

i probably shoulda Cp'd RC instead of green greens lmao but i had ***** there earlier that day so i thought i could pull it off again x-x

lost 1-2 :(

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655

Hey penta, I'm not a loli lover or anything of the sorts but I'm like in love with this pic. I was wondering if you knew were she was from.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
GW ditto is probably my favorite match-up o.O.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
I dont even do the ditto a lot and I tech it like 90% of the time lol (varies to some extent on wifi, but even in sporadic lag I'd say its above 70%).

The ditto is actually fairly fun.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad

Hey penta, I'm not a loli lover or anything of the sorts but I'm like in love with this pic. I was wondering if you knew were she was from.
lol sorry i don't know o.O
most loli pics don't really come from anywhere,people just make em for lulz/fap

GW ditto is probably my favorite match-up o.O.
i still want that 20 dollar MM if we ever meet:lick:
ZAC TOO!

penta thats good man....who else did u lose to?
these tourneys are always known for having horrible brackets lol.i shouldn't have fought ninjalink so early but he came in late along with snakee so the bracket was messed up a bit:ohwell:

my bracket was bye,beat Drk peach,lost to DmBrandon, lost to ninjalink right after=/

i hate cause i dont know how to tech the dthrow LOL
i can do it just fine in 1v1's .__.,in teams(if there happens to be another G&W) idk,i just can't do it lol

anyway,what's everyone up to?

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
that sucks :( im good man im actually feeling pretty good about my GaW being ready for MLG :)
whatever your smoking I want some of it. no gaw player will do good in MLG. Cuz GaW does not place well at nats. or at all really.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I actually want G&W players to tech the D-throw when I play the matchup because I learned to techchase them on reaction. I remember winning a tournament set in G&W dittos because I techchase **** chaingrabbed my opponent like 7 times in a row in one match lol. Then he deliberately stopped teching the throw haha.

It's so much more annoying to techchase grab them when they don't tech the throw lmao.

Now my goal is to just learn to techchase other characters on reaction.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
NNID
Daylightful
I really enjoy tech chasing!

Also, opinion! What do you guys think is harder? Marth or Metaknight? Because I just realized that a MK that knows the GnW matchup is really hard.. I never really played a MK that knows the matchup until I was overhearing some tips and tricks from some MK players here against GnW. They then showed me and I was frighten.. ;..;v

Lightning Tiger

Smash Apprentice
I think Marth is way tougher.
Played Neo a while ago.
And couldn't do anything.
only thing that out ranges is d tilt.
Everything else is punished hard.

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
"Mr. Game and Watch is made of a primordial substance that can take on any number of forms. Mr. Game and Watch was harvested for this reason to create The Subspace Army. It is also stated on the Smash Dojo that Mr. Game and Watch allowed this to happen because he has no concept of good and evil."

how cool is that?
That's hawt

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
i think I would be the best mod. I can shut down trolls without giving infractions.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
NNID
Daylightful
^ Why do you say that?

And guys! I was wondering what are your opinions on Game and Watch making it big at nationals and stuff?
I was in a Skype chat with some Eastcost Smashers and playing some WiFi friendlies. The topic of GnW came up and they mentioned how GnW never places so well.
Which is true..
I really really love GnW. But there isn't much we can do anymore. We figured out just about everything, right? Of course I picked up Olimar as a dual main for funsies and for matchups I'm not willing to do as much or for those Metaknights/Marths whom knows the GnW matchup. Either way! XP Thoughts? Ideas? I really want him to make it big! I want to make it big, too!

izzy24

Smash Ace
Today its pretty much wat ive been discussing with my friends as well....we r relying on the character too much rather than the player's ability to adapt, if ur still trying to find new stuff for gaw rather than work on ur own mindgames and tech skill u wont get far, specially in those MU where gaw loses. Keep at it and dont give up its wat i can tell u :)

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
So I MM M2K at whobo this weekend. It wasn't as hard as I expected. First game I was wrecking on him. Then after that he got angry and just camped me the remaining games. It was fairly close. I went 3-1 against him.

All in all I'd have to say I would not be afraid to play against M2K in bracket. He's easier to beat than other TX MK that know the G&W matchup so well from playing against me.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
To be honest with you, I believe that the majority of G&W players has consistency issues and most aren't patient enough. I don't barely ever practice the game anymore yet I play completely differently than before.

I think that G&W has a good small hurtbox in general and good overall movement ability/speed. I've basically been playing in a very evasive/defensive manner with sudden offensive bursts. I mean, other than jab or n.air, G&W's moves either keep or send the opponent away. So why not do that? Of course, this can be matchup specific.

Still though, I don't think G&W can consistently win tournaments by himself. The common legal stages/rule sets don't favor him as much as they favor some other characters. But he has tricks and it's up to the player to switch it up to be less predictable. Being annoying with bacon, upB, and upair works too. ^_^

Top Bottom