• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
Wow, I've been offline and already something else. Well UTDZac, you might have my head once I do my research because I will take the nine spot

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
On the sixth day of Christmas Mr.Game and Watch gave to me...
Six tiny chairs,

FIVE TURTLE HITS
Four matchsticks to the face,
Three little bacons,
Two vermin mallets,
And a fully charged bucket for me!

There, now post your seventh one =)

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
On the seventh day of Christmas Mr.Game and Watch gave to me...
Seven bright red apples
Six tiny chairs,
FIVE TURTLE HITS
Three little bacons,
Two vermin mallets,

(Oh I can't wait until nine)

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
I'm so making a video for this when it's done.
Now if someone wants to record singing this song, it would be great!
Otherwise I'll just have it have no lyrics sung.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
On the eighth day of Christmas Mr. Game & Watch gave to me...
Eight manhole covers
Seven bright red apples
Six tiny chairs,
FIVE TURTLE HITS
Three little bacons,
Two vermin mallets,

I'd sing it but the rhythm would be SOOOOOOOO off lol

Vinnie

Smash Master
I don't see how Pika Marth can be unwinnable like GnW Marth, and my best Smash friend mains Marth so I'll get all the practice I need lol. He has nothing worse than 42:58 after that.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
We wont hate you, but we will likely stop caring about you! If you arent a G&W bro then you are an anything else hoe.

Also, G&W vs Marth isnt unwinnable, though its def my least favorite matchup. MK isnt as hard as Marth, as strange as that sounds.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
GaW vs marth is really weird to me. Sometimes I think it's not that bad and then other times it's just really really hard. I prefer it over falco vs marth tbh :\.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Recently, I've been thinking that G&W doesn't really lose very badly to Marth at all.

I spam F-airs a lot in that matchup and it works. Furthermore, learning to SDI DB REEEEEALY helps.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
That could be it, DB was a pain and I didnt react with SDI fast enough and I really dont use Fair in a lot of matchups besides killing.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
I mean, I use it plenty, mostly for killing but not limited to just that. A2ZOMG seems to be advocating using it a ton though, which I didn't do in the matchup, nor in most matchups.

Unless spam means smart and common use of Fair which I already do.

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
We wont hate you, but we will likely stop caring about you! If you arent a G&W bro then you are an anything else hoe.

Also, G&W vs Marth isnt unwinnable, though its def my least favorite matchup. MK isnt as hard as Marth, as strange as that sounds.
G&W vs marth is unwinnable if the marth is competent

<==plays neo :(

anyway nothing wrong with having secondaries to get the job done

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
But Slikvik
Olimar is the best character in the game

NatP

Smash Ace
Yea just get a secondary for snake/marth/diddy and meta. It's alot easier than just trying to beat them with g&w.

Novabound

Smash Apprentice
The only...ONLY...fight I flat out do not feel confident in, nor do I ever win, is GaW vs snake. I don't mind the marth fight at all. I'm learning a shiek to fight snakes. @_@ MOAR CHRISTMAS

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
Well if he's seconding Pikachu that's fine, but if he's dropping G&W FOR Pikachu then he isnt my G&W broski like you guys are.

Snake's weaknesses are significant enough and easy enough for G&W to capitalize on to really offset the advantages in power Snake has over us. I really doubt it to be worse than 6:4, and I personally only think it's 55:45, his advantage of course, which would be the same ratio I have for TL (just to leave a comparison).

Noraa

Smash Lord
in terms of lameness :p

edit: noraa. tell the whole story lol. i consistently two stocked the guy for like 15 games straight after sandbagging the first ones...

like i said 3-2...you won 3 haha which is about 15 min LOL haha

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I mean, I use it plenty, mostly for killing but not limited to just that. A2ZOMG seems to be advocating using it a ton though, which I didn't do in the matchup, nor in most matchups.

Unless spam means smart and common use of Fair which I already do.
F-airs usually trade hits with most of Marth's stuff (especially since it's more disjointed on the initial hitbox), and he's tall enough to blatantly fullhop F-air when he's standing. He's not going to be SDI punishing it and it does really massive damage.

You can keep up in damage pretty easily by just learning the space where you can throw out F-airs. Getting kills, just be patient and juggle him a bit when you have the opportunity, and learn to edgeguard him in positions where his options are limited. If he's coming from below for example, you can D-air or B-air him easily.

If you properly SDI DB, it's possible to D-air him out of it (or if you are more conservative, jump/Up-B out of it just to reduce the damage you take). If you find yourself shielding DB, it's a free shieldgrab after the third hit, not to mention a free F-smash after the 4th hit.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
just gots back from a tourney
im mad cuz i know i coulda gotten at least top 7/9 but i lost in losers bracket to a falco cuz my cstick stopped working twice in mid battle.
So i when i went for a smash i'd just sit there standing for a second -_-,then i got smashed myself costing me a stock lmao

I tried adjusting to manual smashes but it was too late by then >.>

arg!!! i woulda faced a snake after that,which i'm pretty confident i coulda beaten,then after that a dk which im not so sure lol

anyway what happened to the christmas days thing?:(

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
That sucks Penta. That happened to me once going against another G&W and I couldn't turtle and just took 100% damage

Top Bottom