• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Our community's reaction to splittings/"bracket manipulation"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADHD

Smash Hero
The sheer reaction to the Brawl splitting dilemmas has caused more damage to the community than the actual splittings.

I tried to keep the MLG split under the table but regardless, everyone still found out. Rich Brown, who you all would have thought to be the most infuriated of the individuals that attended that tournament, did not care at all. Either way, the news traveled to MLG officials, and thus MLG was dropped.

At KTAR 5, Mew2king defeats Dabuz in losers and then tries to bargain his way into a 3-way split with me, Anti, and himself because of the lack of desire to play. Anti admits this over the livestream for some dumb reason, and Dabuz is later angered. Dabuz, who would have most likely lost to all of the higher seeded players still remaining in the bracket, can now look back at the situation with nothing more than a slight aggravation. However, the whole KTAR 5 event lead to the creation of Yellow Cards for splitting/bracket manipulation. These cards serve as a reason for people to act out against the BBRC that commission them, and furthermore tear apart our community after the dropping MLG.

Genesis 2 is predictably next, but what is there really to say? Mew2king admits to sandbagging in pools and purposely throwing away a set to a fellow female smasher, but she later drops out of pools and therefor the set affected absolutely no one. He is now banned from all future events that use the Universal Ruleset for a period of time. Lower level players who look up to Mew2king are now furious.

My point is that splitting has stemmed from the Melee days. Yes, they can be bad intentioned, but this community is becoming even more separated with the punishments of splitting over the actual act. It's not worth the effort or reward when something greater is sacrificed, a real unity. I feel like smash was much more unified before the birth of the BBRC, which is heavily ironic. M2k needs to change up his act but this is not the answer.

Oh yeah, and one last point. Splitting should be done under the table, but even in secrecy it is just as harmful as when public. It shouldn't be punished.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Intent goes a long way.

M2K got boned at MLG 2006 when Ken and Azen decided to split to bone him out of getting second. Things like this are not acceptable because it is clear bracket manipulation.

What happened to Dabuz is exactly that, would he have most likely lost? Maybe maybe not, but it is not anyones place to judge what would have happened if it didn't happen.

Genesis, idk the full story so I'm not commenting.

There are times splitting can be fine, timing running out at the venue for example. However don't pretend that all other instances are fine. Even in the moments you were caught doing it.

Look at intent.

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
M2K was only banned for 4 weeks, not a big deal really. He thought it was okay, but it still wasn't. Just like the split at MLG where he thought it was okay, but it wasn't. To be honest, yes carding system is extreme, but how else is it going to cut down on splitting/forfeiting? TOs never really crack down on it when they need to (Ktar5).

I like to use you as an example for this, ADHD. Both you and Anti haven't done anything since you both got Yellow Carded. I'd say it worked fairly well, didn't it? Questionable sets between you too, maybe, but nothing to get you a Red Card. The point of the infraction system is to cut down on the splitting/forfeiting as much as possible. We essentially embarrassed our community because of what happened at MLG. The full blame isn't on you two, but also on the community for trying to defend what you two did. So I don't see a problem with people like AZ wanting the mindset of thinking splitting/forfeiting is okay to stop.

The infraction system probably needs a little revising IMO. After all, it seems pretty impossible to stop a Red Carded player from entering a Unity tourney. I don't think the TOs who willingly are using our ruleset should be punished for that. However, I still think it should be highly recommended to disallow players who break the rules, regardless of how insignificant it was. Cheese chose to follow this at his tourney, and I would as well if he were to show up at mine.

tldr; M2K needs to stop forfeiting, this should have sent him the message that it's not good for the community.

-Googs

Smash Lord
The BBRC cannot control the smash community. Your "job" is to make sure the most appropriate rules such as stages, ledge grabes, timer, etc. Rules regarding the game. Not players. I'm saying that your job or goal should be setting up a balanced atmosphere INGAME for players to enjoy.

You have no say who is allowed to enter and who isn't? Who do you people think you really are? None of you "earned" this position. The BBRC is wrong for banning players.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
The card system is pretty bull****, to be honest.

With how it's set up, you could drop out of a tourney and get charged for bracket manipulation- it's just ****ing insane. Carding people like was one of the worst ideas the Fighting game genre brought along- and it's lack of it with the fun spirit of the smash scene was much more attractive than treating our players like Robots that should never lose a match.

Why should we give a **** if M2K or ANYONE is sandbagging? Let that be their decision- they would be the ones losing the money. That in itself is enough punishment, Cards just make the BBR and TOs look like *******es in the process.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
The BBRC cannot control the smash community. Your "job" is to make sure the most appropriate rules such as stages, ledge grabes, timer, etc. Rules regarding the game. Not players. I'm saying that your job or goal should be setting up a balanced atmosphere INGAME for players to enjoy.

You have no say who is allowed to enter and who isn't? Who do you people think you really are? None of you "earned" this position. The BBRC is wrong for banning players.
Yes they can.

Being TO's gives them the power to ban someone for any reason they want, if they want to do it because their friends said so, they can.

With how it's set up, you could drop out of a tourney and get charged for bracket manipulation- it's just ****ing insane. Carding people like was one of the worst ideas the Fighting game genre brought along- and it's lack of it with the fun spirit of the smash scene was much more attractive than treating our players like Robots that should never lose a match.

Why should we give a **** if M2K or ANYONE is sandbagging? Let that be their decision- they would be the ones losing the money. That in itself is enough punishment, Cards just make the BBR and TOs look like *******es in the process.
Look at intent of the accused.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Saying someone has intent for something and punishing it is just as biased.

I could say at Genesis 2, Mango under-performed against Taj round 1 in order to try and get a match with Dr.PP, which would be bracket manipulation. Taj got third where he likely wouldn't have otherwise if that didn't happen. Do you guys give a ****? Absolutely not.

Look at the bias and inconsistent ruling of the accusers.

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
What M2K got punished for was intentionally forfeiting by admitting it. Not by the reason he did it, otherwise we could say Ally should be YC'd for COT5 pools with the assumed intent of giving Pelca first seed.

Chuee

Smash Hero
I think the whole punishment should just be left up to the individual TOs rather than the group as a whole.

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
I think the whole punishment should just be left up to the individual TOs rather than the group as a whole.
I do too...but the problem is some TOs don't do anything, sometimes because they are pressured by the players that what they did was okay. It isn't right to allow splitting/forfeiting to continue like that. Other communities don't accept it. It still happens, but no one finds out about it 90% of the time.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
You could of course just make a list of what players have done, and then leave it up to the TOs to decide how they deal with it.
No YC/RC System, just a list with all "bad" actions players have done, so every TO can decide on his own, if he wants to let the mentioned players in or not.
The list would contain Nick+Tournament+Date+Action (If course with a link to the nick/tournament, so the TO could make his own researches if he wants to).

Probably the best.

Flayl

Smash Hero
That sounds pretty good. Hopefully enough to get M2K to stop ****ing around when it matters the most.

ChKn

Smash Ace
It'd be pretty janky if one BBRC TO allowed the banned player to his tourney while one didn't. I'd probably do 1 warning then a ban from 1 tournament then do it incrementally.

Like if there's a calendar of BBRC TO-hosted tournaments, the player that was infracted can't go to the next BBRC TO-hosted tournament(i.e. KTAR, ESAM's ZP, w.e the next one is). Every system is gonna have it's faults; it's just a matter of finding the proper solution(if at all).

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
Well the other problem is that our tourneys are not a circuit. Unlike MLG, where they were essentially the TOs and said "you broke the rules, don't come to our next MLG." With ours it comes off as "You broke the rules, don't go to any Unity tourneys." Much harder to enforce when multiple TOs are involved.

ChKn

Smash Ace
Yeah I actually see your point with that lol, unless you guys actually constructed a circuit somehow. I was just thinking along the lines of what professional sports leagues do to their players to pushing them, which actually supports your last post.

Why did you guys go with 4 weeks to ban M2K as opposed to 6 months?

Judo777

Smash Master
We shouldn't refer to every case of splitting as bracket manipulation because it isn't.

Judo777

Smash Master
Splitting isn't bracket manipulation. Intentional forfeiting is bracket manipulation.
Well I got carded for splitting and the offense says bracket manipulation.........................

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
The Red Cards are made to last a shorter amount of time. Something like a 6 month attempted tourney ban is just far too ridiculous IMO. I would figure if the same person keeps getting Red Carded, it'd be extended more and more...either way BBR-RC needs to discuss the infraction system more IMO to fix it up some more.

Judo is correct, not all splitting is bracket manipulation. He still split, so that's why he was Yellow Carded, but he PMed a BBR-RC member about changing the wording since he did not technically bracket manipulate. If it were a circuit tourney, then you could consider the players splitting in Grand Finals as them trying to manipulate their points, but that isn't the case. Also, in case it isn't clear for whatever reason, some forms of forced splitting are acceptable, such as the venue closing before the tourney ends, or a player not being able to physically play anymore.

Allin

Smash Journeyman
The Red Cards are made to last a shorter amount of time. Something like a 6 month attempted tourney ban is just far too ridiculous IMO. I would figure if the same person keeps getting Red Carded, it'd be extended more and more...either way BBR-RC needs to discuss the infraction system more IMO to fix it up some more.

Judo is correct, not all splitting is bracket manipulation. He still split, so that's why he was Yellow Carded, but he PMed a BBR-RC member about changing the wording since he did not technically bracket manipulate. If it were a circuit tourney, then you could consider the players splitting in Grand Finals as them trying to manipulate their points, but that isn't the case. Also, in case it isn't clear for whatever reason, some forms of forced splitting are acceptable, such as the venue closing before the tourney ends, or a player not being able to physically play anymore.
A smaller ban makes more sense, it not like they were actually cheating in game somehow or increasing their chances to win at the game. This shadier business deserves them a short ban. I think that repeat offenders should be put on a watch list of some sort, even after their infractions expire. No reason when someone does it once that once they're off their 'watch' they won't try it again knowing they can get away with just a yellow card again. (Correct me if i'm misunderstanding the card system)

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Y'all Brawl all need balls. Splitting should only happen if the whole tournament has to stop (ran out of time, power outage, sickness, etc). Melee can be a lot more interesting just because there's actually something on the line. ;D The first Genesis had $855 on the line and the pride of who's the best in the world. Brawl tournaments that end in splitting lose that. What if Brood and Mew2King split with DEHF at Apex?

But, the card system is a bad way of handling splitting, in my opinon.

Allin

Smash Journeyman
Y'all Brawl all need balls. Splitting should only happen if the whole tournament has to stop (ran out of time, power outage, sickness, etc). Melee can be a lot more interesting just because there's actually something on the line. ;D The first Genesis had $855 on the line and the pride of who's the best in the world. Brawl tournaments that end in splitting lose that. What if Brood and Mew2King split with DEHF at Apex?

But, the card system is a bad way of handling splitting, in my opinon.
I have to agree Ice it doesn't really fix the problem just makes it become under the table and people who do now know to be quiet about it when they do it.

And melee wise, we must ask ourselves why are we in the brawl metagame and rules forums ;P

Kantrip

Kantplay
More like if you get a yellow or red card, you lose some of your credits. They go into your Unitybank account, so all members of the BBR-RC have access to your credits.

Never award cash prizes again? :awesome:

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
This is really a quality post by ADHD, and I appreciate it. In many ways, I agree with him and am on this side, even though it seems kind of weird since I'm a BBR-RC member and he's basically speaking against it lol.

However, I have to stay behind the infraction system, it's something I certainly believe in. Everyone knows there are problems at tournaments, and it has been happening for years. The problem is, there was never any downside to it and it continued to happen. This is finally something to help stop it.

M2K was only banned for 4 weeks, not a big deal really. He thought it was okay, but it still wasn't. Just like the split at MLG where he thought it was okay, but it wasn't. To be honest, yes carding system is extreme, but how else is it going to cut down on splitting/forfeiting? TOs never really crack down on it when they need to (Ktar5).

I like to use you as an example for this, ADHD. Both you and Anti haven't done anything since you both got Yellow Carded. I'd say it worked fairly well, didn't it? Questionable sets between you too, maybe, but nothing to get you a Red Card. The point of the infraction system is to cut down on the splitting/forfeiting as much as possible. We essentially embarrassed our community because of what happened at MLG. The full blame isn't on you two, but also on the community for trying to defend what you two did. So I don't see a problem with people like AZ wanting the mindset of thinking splitting/forfeiting is okay to stop.

The infraction system probably needs a little revising IMO. After all, it seems pretty impossible to stop a Red Carded player from entering a Unity tourney. I don't think the TOs who willingly are using our ruleset should be punished for that. However, I still think it should be highly recommended to disallow players who break the rules, regardless of how insignificant it was. Cheese chose to follow this at his tourney, and I would as well if he were to show up at mine.

tldr; M2K needs to stop forfeiting, this should have sent him the message that it's not good for the community.
This continues on it well. Look at the first main thing which started off at KTAR5. Nothing was done then and there in person. If this was an important event in any other fighting game community, or at a big scene like MLG - there would be an absolute ****storm. No, a ****icane. Three players openly splitting with each other and one of them forfeiting to people he split with potentially screwing over someone else in the process. It's one of the worst "situations" I've seen yet in Brawl.

As for Bizkit mentioning Anti and ADHD haven't broken the rules since then, it's true - which is awesome. This came off of a terrible thing (as just mentioned), and nothing has happened since then except for some different characters etc in finals, but character choice alone can not get you an infraction.

All playing off of MLG, Bizkit is right in that the Smash community is also to blame with so many people sticking up for M2K/ADHD. I fought as hard as I possibly could to keep Smash on the circuit, and convince vVv/MLG that the actions of two players do not represent an entire community. Unfortunately, it almost did (except for some of us who thankfully don't).

The infraction system definitely still needs revision, it's still quite young. It hasn't even been around for 6 months yet, there are going to be kinks here and there, and perhaps never 100% of the best explanations, we're all human. However up to this point, everything has been decided by majority vote (actually, every action passed has had super majority (66%+) so far).

This is a big problem with the Smash community imo, there really aren't any leaders per se or governing body, or anything with real importance. They aren't used to it. Other fighting games can look to Evo for their large push. Games on MLG can look to MLG. Look at what happened to Melee and Brawl for their time on the circuit. Many tournaments started using MLG's ruleset that they otherwise would never use. Everything was different. If MLG continued to happen, they could handle their ban list and that's how things would be handled. The Smash community however, does not have any base like this, which is what the BBR-RC is trying to be.

If we never have a base like this, we will never succeed as a competitive community. Every main step the BBR-RC has tried to do for the community (creation, infractions, etc) has received very positive comments from the people who matter most. The CEO of MLG himself has commented on it saying it is certainly a step in the right direction. They are watching, and it's up to them if we are ever let back on the pro circuit. For anyone who thinks we don't need MLG or that our game is dying - look at tournament attendance lately. Look at the amount of sponsors we get on average for our events. Look at the hard work individuals have to do to organize large events. Look at how other communities see us. This could all change.

In terms of players, it's nothing more than just another rule. TOs have had banlists for their events before. TOs are allowed to control who can enter their events. The banlist is just another part of the Unity ruleset. And while people may not enjoy the need for Unity to be featured on SWF/AiB, it is needed. Without it, the ruleset would not be used as widely as it is or taken seriously. Prior to the BBR-RC the BBR had its recommended ruleset. AKA Unity, but without the featured part of it. Because of such, the ruleset was seen as a joke and an incredibly small percent of events used it. It was nothing, meaningless.

In terms of earning the position, the BBR-RC is comprised of well established TOs. We put our tournament resume right in the same thread as the Unity ruleset. Anyone is welcome to join that are main TOs in their respective areas. If the TOs aren't the ones who are deserving the position... then who is? This is also a big difference between the old BBR RRS and the BBR-RC. This is TOs making decisions together, not players elected into the BBR for what is generally a different reason.

You're not going to be infracted for leaving a tournament obviously. Everything is taken into consideration. Show me a time where someone has quit an event and been infracted on it solely because of that? It hasn't happened, and it won't. I wouldn't call what happened to Dabuz "fun spirit." I wouldn't call any sort of manipulation attempts like that fun spirit. At Pound 5 in pools round 2, Seibrik went Ganondorf vs D-Torr to let him win 2-0 in attempt to get him into bracket over me. Thankfully the tie breaker worked to my advantage, but how do you think I would feel if I weren't advanced to bracket because of this? I'm just stating this as it's something that has happened to me so I am able to comment on it well. I can name things like this happening at MANY events.

What M2K got punished for was intentionally forfeiting by admitting it. Not by the reason he did it, otherwise we could say Ally should be YC'd for COT5 pools with the assumed intent of giving Pelca first seed.
Yes, and a lot of people seem to not realize this. Mew2King went MK vs everyone else, and only these other characters vs one specific person whom he had a history with. The intent was clear, and many people picked up on it right away. Furthermore, the fact that Sade brought it up to the TO only proves that they way the set happened was bs, and if she had really won legitimately there should have been no questions about it. Mew2King had intended on giving her specifically the set win. Ally on the other hand, had no seen intentions on losing or giving any specific player a win. We also can not card anyone based on character choice alone, which is ridiculous.

TOs do not have to use Unity. However, the banlist is still a part of Unity to have it be used, otherwise the infractions are meaningless and none of the crazy business will ever end.

You could of course just make a list of what players have done, and then leave it up to the TOs to decide how they deal with it.
No YC/RC System, just a list with all "bad" actions players have done, so every TO can decide on his own, if he wants to let the mentioned players in or not.
The list would contain Nick+Tournament+Date+Action (If course with a link to the nick/tournament, so the TO could make his own researches if he wants to).

Probably the best.
This isn't a bad suggestion, but it puts TOs into a very bad situation. They can feel guilted into banning a certain player, allowing certain ones, etc. Not to mention possible bias in not allowing ones they think might beat them and friends, and allowing lower players. Who knows, I would hope that wouldn't happen lmao. If I was in the situation and was asked who to ban, I would feel incredibly pressured by a lot of players to allow certain ones (aka Keitaro after M2K was banned). With the way it is now, it's basically just the standard thing to do, and the TOs aren't the one to blame. If a Unity using TO holds an event now and doesn't allow M2K, it's on the BBR-RC. If we did suggestive banning, then it's on the TO. M2K could have walked up to Cheese 2 days ago at his event and hate him for not allowing him in, but instead his anger would be something directed to the BBR-RC. It's not something I personally would want to deal with, but it's at least directed at the group with the supporting evidence and vote making decisions to decide the ban. I would never want the TO to be put in a situation where they would be forced or peer-pressured into succumbing one way or the other.

We shouldn't refer to every case of splitting as bracket manipulation because it isn't.
It's just the overall title given to that group. Read the Infraction System post, it described those categories as examples. The entire group of things like splitting, manipulation, etc all fall under that title. One of the ambiguities of splitting and why it isn't allowed is leading to people questioning the legitimacy of the bracket and play related to it. However I understand your position on this and why you are concerned, so it is definitely something I will help aid to fix.

I have to agree Ice it doesn't really fix the problem just makes it become under the table and people who do now know to be quiet about it when they do it.

And melee wise, we must ask ourselves why are we in the brawl metagame and rules forums ;P
While I'm certainly not one to try and encourage it to still be done under the table without people knowing, if the committee in charge of determining if it happened (the BBR-RC) doesn't think it happened, how do you expect anyone in the community to suspect it happened? Aka, they wouldn't know it happened, and all sets would continue to appear legitimate, and there would be no problems.

BBR-RC needs to set up a virtual shop where they sell a bunch of awesome stuff for Unity Points.
MK is banned unless players purchase the right to use him at a cost of 50 Unity Credits per match :p

--

I'm enjoying how the thread is going, it's surprisingly constructive.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Buying the use of Mk is a horrible idea~

Even if it is a joke :x cause only winners buy.. Then only winners win

But how about we get to buy a stage CP on the CP/ban teetering stages? :0

:phone:

Judo777

Smash Master
Thank you chibo for getting back to me. I guess as long as its understood that it is how the offense is categorized I have no qualms. Not directed to you necessarily but directed to everyone, the legitimacy of the set is pretty unquestionable. The winner of the set got about $20 more than the other person. And the set ran pretty typical (I play Kero in Lex all the time and I usually win).

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
ADHD, don't you dare spout BS about how you think i look back on that. Two things: I am still pissed beyond belief about what happened at KTAR5, and now people rush to m2k's side when he doesn't even try to publicly defend himself. Secondly: If i double beat you at COT5, who is to say i wouldn't of had any chance to beat you/ anti/ ect. at KTAR5, i took first game off M2K, so i almsot beat him.

Good job to this community, the entire concept of punishing people for breaking rules, now looks like a joke. Next time i go to a national, im sandbagging in pools, making sure certain people get out over others, just because no one will be there to punish me, and if i am punished, oh well, not like any big tourneys in my region run unity.

M@v

Subarashii!
The thing that bugs me is how many hypocrites there are in this community. All I hear for 2 weeks is **** m2k, he plays gay, makes this game boring, blah blah blah BLAH BLAH BLAH, we'd be better without him."

Then he gets red carded.

All of a sudden the haters are nowhere to be seen and there's a mile-long line of people to defend him.

I'm not *****ing at either side of this ; I'm *****ing at people top man up and don't be ****ing hypocrites. It you say one thing, stand by it.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Nothing wrong with what is being done. What's wrong is you're all taking it like you're going to jail or some shiet and protesting it hardcore like you've been sentenced to life or death or some ****. It's just a warning, you don't do it again. YAY everyone's happy. Like really, -_- I facepalm that you guys turn this into something crazy. If I got yellow carded I would prolly joke about it and then after wouldn't even give a **** and just not do it again.

Brawl is getting "bad" attention because people are taking two sides on this when they really shouldn't. It should be clear who is wrong, and by saying wrong no I don't mean jail or crime or some **** like you guys make it but rather you just did something that you shouldn't do at a tournament. Simple as that.

Judo777

Smash Master
Nothing wrong with what is being done. What's wrong is you're all taking it like you're going to jail or some shiet and protesting it hardcore like you've been sentenced to life or death or some ****. It's just a warning, you don't do it again. YAY everyone's happy. Like really, -_- I facepalm that you guys turn this into something crazy. If I got yellow carded I would prolly joke about it and then after wouldn't even give a **** and just not do it again.

Brawl is getting "bad" attention because people are taking two sides on this when they really shouldn't. It should be clear who is wrong, and by saying wrong no I don't mean jail or crime or some **** like you guys make it but rather you just did something that you shouldn't do at a tournament. Simple as that.
You referring to me? I am only wanting clarification on the offense I actually commited. Bracket manipulation sounds like cheating. Splitting in my case was throwing the 2nd place guy 6 bucks. Its a matter of honor.

I do however agree with most of what you said.

D

Deleted member

Good job to this community, the entire concept of punishing people for breaking rules, now looks like a joke. Next time i go to a national, im sandbagging in pools, making sure certain people get out over others, just because no one will be there to punish me, and if i am punished, oh well, not like any big tourneys in my region run unity.
It is a joke because they're bad rules. Splitting is a request from one player to one or more other players that must be mutually agreed upon. No one is forcing you to split. And nothing is preventing you from punishing those players yourself if they do it without you. By beating them. Let them split the last 35% of the pot while you win 65%. Unless you don't think for some reason that you could beat the best players we have, in which case they're doing you a favor.

Next time you go to a national, you can sandbag in pools all you want. When you get 65th place you'll see who the real loser is. Forfeiting or sandbagging is a strict tactical disadvantage that you place on yourself.

Player-1

Smash Legend
it's not a disadvantage when you're already guaranteed whatever seed, but it can still screw over other placyers

Javon89

Smash Ace
In my opinion, I feel like a 4 week ban is like a wrist slap to me. I mean if it were near a national then the offender would actually be affected. If I had the authority I'd probably jack the red card's time to 2 and half months to show that bracket manipulation/splitting can have a big consequence. If I were the player

I think this is a good idea overall because bracket manipulation/splitting has obviously become a problem in tournament. If I were the player affected by the manipulation, I would be somewhat upset that I was, in a sense cheated out of having a chance at placing high.

I have mixed feelings about splitting, doesn't the player who wins have the freedom to do whatever they want with the money they just won? Someone please explain to me what makes this an offense (not to be rude, I'm just looking for answers)

Brawl's community needs to step it up. Other communities are probably thinking we are a joke. Brawl started to regress after the best thing that's happened to us: MLG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom