• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Ontario Canada HD Remix

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I sorta know what you mean. Plus school's stopped me from taking most games serious until my xmas break started. And even then, since we got DKC Returns, that's been the main use of the Wii, and been playing a lot of KZ2 and practicing BBCS for when CS2 comes out.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
MK is mid-tier with items on because his transcendant priority can't bat them away and tornado is likely to pick up an explosive.

And that is how we balance Brawl. Items.

EDIT: Pit seems extremely broken until you realise he has no crowd control for FFAs.

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
As someone who has gotten used to critical hits, item explosions just don't bother me much anymore. You juet get used to playing conservatively around items. I don't know anything about tiers, but I do have more fun with items on now.

As for Pit, just don't throw things at him and you'll be ok =P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FavUpD_IjVY also, what did I just watch?

Linkshot

Smash Hero
I saw that months ago.

Also yes, just be wary of the spawn points.
Though I have to say I found a new favourite thing to do in Brawl.
Using Olimar to Whistle Armor Intense Tabuu's OHKO red rings in Emissary. I survived to 810% before missing a whistle.

buenob

Smash Lord
REVIVAL!

Later today I will be posting about the brawl tournament I will be hosting this month on the 29th, it will be all day and SSF4 will be going on in the same room (very big room)... also, it will be happening every month without fail!

now some of you may be like "omfg wheres teh melees!!" well we are definitely going to have some melee events, but since it is an older game and we are trying to attract new players, our monthlies will showcase the most recent games, and we will have other events to support the communities still around the older ones (melee and sf3:3s etc.)

consider this thread Revived!

KnucklesTheEchidna

Smash Apprentice
Ben: EPIC! I am pumped!
(Wheres the info)

Alan: lol. Care to money match me on that claim?
(to be clear, that is the claim that meta is midtier with items)

buenob

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=295448

BAM! I believe I will be teaming with Stefanie, but I have to double check that she'll be coming

I am going to post in toronto and montreal, but seeing as these tournaments are monthly tournaments, I'm not really targeting them hardcore... if they want to come that's awesome, and it would be nice if people can offer couches :D (i can't anymore)

PND

Smash Champion
Attention Ottawa Smashers:

We, the PNDCrew, are losing our roommate Lunchy as of February 1st. With his blessings, we've been hosting things fairly regularly -- but now we must look for another roommate to take his spot. Because of this search, and the preferences of who it might unturn, we cannot guarantee that we will be hosting any more events in / past February. We will try to host what we can, but obviously we will have to be mindful of the new roommate's privacy and wishes.

Now, this also leads to another proposition. . . are any of you guys looking for a place to live? It's not the best house in the world, but you'll live with 3 awesome and sexy dudes. Lab studies have indicated that you will be 1000 times more awesome after living with us. It's science, guys, you can trust me. I'm going to science school. If any of you guys are interested in shacking up with us, give me, Riley, or Bryant a PM and we'll discuss details with you. Because we know (and presumably) like you, you guys will get preferential treatment in our search, if you are interested.

And think about it. . . you could be the Smasher to potentially save the Ottawa smash scene. We'll even make you a medal out of household materials to prove it.

. . .
So yeah. See you guys Friday?

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I'd consider it for when I move out, but that's not likely going to be for another 6/7 months when I'm done school and it's like September, but hey, lol.

Iliad

Smash Lord
Alright. So I'm going to be in ottawa this sunday through to wednesday. Getting laser eye surgery at some Uni in Ottawa. Sunday is arrival and chills, monday is pre-op (dunno if I can smash after pre-op), tuesday is the operation (before the operation I can def smash but not after) and wednesday is post-op and time to GTFO and head back to Hamilton.

So this is a call to all Brawlers in Ottawa. Who wants to smash with the tip king?

PND

Smash Champion
Alright. So I'm going to be in ottawa this sunday through to wednesday. Getting laser eye surgery at some Uni in Ottawa. Sunday is arrival and chills, monday is pre-op (dunno if I can smash after pre-op), tuesday is the operation (before the operation I can def smash but not after) and wednesday is post-op and time to GTFO and head back to Hamilton.

So this is a call to all Brawlers in Ottawa. Who wants to smash with the tip king?
I'm down. When I got my laser eye surgery I was fine about half an hour after preop. The drops they put in your eyes make you feel mad tired, but that's about it. Either Sunday or Monday works for me, and I live with Haze and Knuckles, so I'm sure we can figure something out.

I'm mad rusty at Brawl though.

PND

Smash Champion
KK, perfect. You heard it here first, smashfest starting 6 o'clock tonight. If anyone can bring an extra wii that would be great, our laser is starting to crap out.

buenob

Smash Lord
yo gais!

i need console/game disk confirmations! I know you all have them!

We will drive, and do dirty, dirty things for your equipment ;)

Divine_Haze

Smash Journeyman
this is knuckles..

Games with iliad were good, close... I think basically his marth beat my meta, my fox beat his marth, his falco beat my fox, and my meta beat his falco. They were real casual though, nobody was being to hardcore about it. Linkshot vs iliad was good too, i think iliad mostly got the better of him. From what I saw, hidefs kirby wasnt too effective.

I more recent news, in ottawa's latest tourney i got ***** by.... all of montreal... so.. ima scrub and need to get my game back

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Yeah man, iunno what happened. Last time u came to Ontario, u outplaced guard and now he's getting 2nd at Ottawa tourneys =/. Makes me wonder what i woulda placed lol.

Top Bottom