• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Ontario Canada HD Remix

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Thanks all of you!
The aura is always with me!...which isn't always a good thing.
Having a mentality of "These cough drops expired in March '10...well, I just need to DI well and it'll make me stronger" isn't exactly safe.

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
WTF, that was awesome! I was wondering if Zhao was related to it.

Btw, guys is did I miss the shoutout thread for the monthly or did it just not happen yet?

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
Alright, since this thread is dead and all, I don't think anyone would mind if I started an off-topic discussion.

Ok, so there's a topic I got into the other day and I'm getting a lot of mixed opinions on it, so I wanted to ask you guys about it. I can explain how it came up later if you guys want to know, but here it is:

Would there be any foreseeable problems if we started to gestate our children in artificial wombs rather than in women?

I personally think there could be some serious psychological problems for children born this way, since I believe that our time in the womb and at birth has a huge influence on the way we think (though our subconscious). I also think that children might not bond properly with their parents, and would therefore have trouble making human connections in later life.

I'm interested on what you guys think about this topic.

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
are you just interested in the psychological ramifications because there is the obvious financial problems that would arise as well as limited resources space perhaps for all of this to be possible.

anyways i doubt any psychological problems would come up that can't be curbed though. an example would be that there are adopted children who go on to love and bond with their non-biological parents. i'll allow for the possiblity that human contact in general is in part due to responding to human stimuli from within the womb, but again once the child is born and starts bonding i doubt the lack of human stimuli would create lifelong social problems.

ps: anyone wanna hang out saturday? i wouldn't mind having a few people over to play smash or something. maybe a few beers too.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
I should get out this week so I'll probably take you up on that, Mal.

Also that whole paragraph that Jigger posted is exactly my opinion. It should not be done unless, for some reason, you're TRYING to produce psychopaths.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Silly people and their using only the freaking 360 versions of fighting games. Would think you're missing out if you only limit it to THAT version, lol.

But hey, I've been a jerk on that subject before, so oops.

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
There is no evidence to suggest that children born of an artificial womb would have psychological problems.

Newborn babies are incredibly stupid and feeble. I know they're newborn, but newborn chimps aren't even as crappy as newborn humans. Based on this, I believe that an artifical womb would have no affect on the child's development because of it's incredibly underdeveloped brain. As long as it has a mother figure to imprint, it should be just fine.

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
alright well my girlfriend really wants to watch a movie with her friend tonight and i had forgot she made these plans prior to me so i guess she wins (women.. am i right, fellas?)

i'm still bored and i have beer though. anyone wanna get drunk with me?

PND

Smash Champion
Sorry Mal, totally would have been down for it but I had to work tonight AND I work tomorrow. :(

@Alan: We're picking up the game around 10 am, so any time after 11 am we'll be home and playing.

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
its cool i ended up haning out with some of jess's university friends and watched a hockey game, it was pretty fun.
i would be down for this marvel vs capcom release... 11 am you say?

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
Hulk smash (bros) !

edit -- i tried to make that all caps but smashboards denied me. just know that when the HULK talks its in caps.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
12:45:58 <Neptune> have you seen all the hype about hsien ko having the best assist in the entire game?
12:46:06 <Chispy> Oh?
12:46:08 <Chispy> Which one?
12:46:16 <Neptune> Activate her super armor thing
12:46:20 <Chispy> Golden Fire Bottle is pretty gay.
12:46:27 <Neptune> And tag out, and it stays there for the entire match
12:46:31 <Chispy> Let's see if this can stan-- LOL
12:46:34 <Neptune> Her pendulum move
12:46:41 <Chispy> Okay you win.
12:46:56 <Neptune> its just incredible
12:47:01 <Chispy> Basically your assist is Robotnik.
12:47:07 <Neptune> you can't hit her or anything
12:47:18 <Neptune> it's a completely invincible assist and just plows through ****ing everything
12:47:30 <Neptune> hold on, there's some matches with it
12:48:41 <Neptune> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTyZa3bSJ9A

buenob

Smash Lord
just a reminder that GO is meeting at the Heart and Crown on preston st. again tonight :)... no setups, but lots of beer and video game talk!
edit: and trying to get a marvel setup :)

Top Bottom