• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Ontario Canada HD Remix

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
Oh man, I loved Fly Tales! Watching The Untalkative Bunny now though, I find him oddly relatable and I really enjoy the show. Captain Star is still the king of all nostalgic TV shows.

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
captain star is awesome. my girlfriend and i watched the whole series a year or so ago. its only one seaon about 6-8 episodes i think.

is there a better way to get in touch with you folks or is smashboards generally the best way to get a hold of everyone? i often want to ask people to do things/hang out, but its usually spur of the moment type stuff because i never plan ahead...
having said that though, anyone interested in hanging out at my place friday for a couple beers, maybe some videogames, then maybe going to a pub for a few more beers for a lil socializing?
lemme know

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
The Smoggies looks really really familiar, I think some re runs were on TV back when I was very young, but I don't remember anything substantial; I was too young for the smoggies. Very catchy song though. And Captain Star is still da bess. I feel sorry for the south american kid with the power of 'heart'. It shows him in a forest fire and... it doesn't show how he gets out of it. It shows everyone else doing something with their power but they just kinda... show some monkeys dying.

@Malcom- If you or anything want to get in touch with me my number is 613-709-6236. I might be free for Friday though, so a bit of beer and hanging out sounds like a good time.

Also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdZfFqoP2U8

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
i think i was too old for those shows.
i watched teddy ruxbin then simpsons then reboot then beastwars/beasties

Divine_Haze

Smash Journeyman
i think i was too old for those shows.
i watched teddy ruxbin then simpsons then reboot then beastwars/beasties
I remember turning it off immediately when Beasties were coming on.
For some reason I wanted to avoid them.
Probably because they were violent furries.
Alan - LOL @ violent furries. Though, to be fair, beasties/beast wars kicked ***. You missed out.

Mal - Simpsons, Reboot, and beasties/beast wars are all solid choices. How about... Rugrats, Hey Arnold!, Rocco's Modern Life, Power Rangers?

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
wheres the vids for the last tourney?
or is it one of those things where we save the replays in the hopes that a future generation will be able to convert it to usable video format because we lack the hardware.
i don't have any hardware myself that can do the conversion, but i think whoever does should maybe volunteer because it would be nice. i'm mostly jealous of channels on youtube like the waffles77, because its a very viable way to improve the smash scene and make it more popular.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
I saved the replays but all attempts to get them uploaded as videos have been ignored, so I stopped trying a while ago.

If you bring your SD Card to Mike's on Friday, assuming he's hosting, I can just copy them onto yours.
And of course, to anybody else that wants them.

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
thanks alan, but i don't exactly want them for myself. i mostly want to broadcast ottawa as a whole to my friends back in nova scotia. a few of them have expressed interest in coming here for a tourney, and i have one friend in particular who is definately coming down around the end of may (hopefully during a monthly) to spend some time with me.

using vids as a way of promoting the scene was something that actually helped out the halifax community the i played a major role in. our tourney videos were shared among friends as a means to introduce newcommers to upcoming tourneys and it worked.

Matt07

Smash Master
Alan - LOL @ violent furries. Though, to be fair, beasties/beast wars kicked ***. You missed out.

Mal - Simpsons, Reboot, and beasties/beast wars are all solid choices. How about... Rugrats, Hey Arnold!, Rocco's Modern Life, Power Rangers?
All those shows I watched and loved minus Rocco's Modern Life, never seen it.

Also needs more Pokemon, and Digimon, those shows were also badass.

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
again im extending another invite to anyone who wants to hang out this weekend and chill...

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
i was actually thinking along the lines of drinking beer and maybe going to a pub for more beers...
you're still welcome since the point is to socialize and carry on with conversation, but i know you don't drink so you might find the conversation part alone to be boring.

SoLn

Smash Apprentice
^^^

"It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.” - Hindu Prince Gautama Siddharta, the founder of Buddhism

@Mal - Ill try to come out one of these weekends.

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
yayyy
and alan, its possible that since im having some beers tonight that i might rather just chill and play games on the weekend. ill let you know. you should pm me your phone number just in case.

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
hey i acidentally a controller at mike's, riley's,bryant's,arial's place over the weekend. its a purple controller.
i had brought mine with me and packed it up, but i didnt realize i had already packed it and took someone else's before i was leaving.

if its urgent, lemme know i'll make the delivery, but hopefully its not urgent and i can just bring it with me the next time i come over to chill, or if i meet up with anyone.

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
well, I was completely swamped with tests this week, so I couldn't/can't make it out. anyone want to hang out next week?

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
ariel, every monday @7pm @the royal oak on bank street, a social club that plays board games gets together. i've been there a few times now and they are nice group of people and i have a really fun time hanging out with them and playing new board games. the games they play are generally strategy games in nature and i've yet to see any "classics" like monopoly and the like.
get in touch with me if you're interested.
actually that goes for anyone interested.

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
like i said aerial, i have yet to see them bust out any classics.
there were a couple card games i played. one was called bang and that game is awwweeesome. i had tons of fun playing that. another game was called citadels. its pretty easy to learn, but more luck based than the other games that were around.
i've also played some space strategy board game called cosmic adventures, and an awesome tile placing game called carcasonne.

jess and i are both going to be there monday at 7pm, so keep an eye out for us and the other nerds we congregate with if you wanna come.

Top Bottom