• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Ontario Canada HD Remix

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
wooot.
i'm leaving with my girlfriend thursday to nova scotia for a few weeks but when i get back we'll hang out

swordgard

Smash Hero
Yes, of course! Since PND has recently moved into a place with myself and knuckles, we are working on hosting bi-weeklies (or at least monthlies) on a regular basis. Hopefully the ottawa smash scene will come alive again.
Nice.

Montreal is trying to get its scene alive again, and I was wondering if you guys would come to some of our tournaments whenever we get to that part.

Iliad

Smash Lord
sometime in december during the break I'll likely be in ottawa for laser eye surgery. My eye doc told me he only trusts one place and that's the uni of ottawa optometry. So, while I'm there getting falco spam in my eyes, anyone wanna do some smashing?

Linkshot

Smash Hero
They use blue lasers?
I'll have to ask my dad whether they used Fox, Falco, or ROB on his eyes.

Also, you'll feel at home here. This was once a Marth-dominated scene, lol.

SoLn

Smash Apprentice
You may not be able to see properly for a couple of days though. Which kind are you getting?

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Goes to show what I know. I always figured there was like....one general procedure with it. :laugh:

Also, does anyone know if Randy/Ben still play BB/have CS/what their PSN's are? Just out of curiousity.

Iliad

Smash Lord
corrective eye surgery so no more glasses mo fo's. And yeah i'll have to rock shades when i'm out doors and in brightly lit rooms. Don't worry, my tips are blind and unbiased like justice, I need no sight.

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
I also posted this in the biweekly thread, but I figured more people check this thread so I decided to toss it here too.

---

Since Alan posted an idea for anti-planking, I want to post one too. My friend told me about this. I believe he said it was being implemented in some places, but it was a while ago. Anyways, it goes like this:

No more winning by percents

"If there is a tie in stocks by the match end, then the players do a rematch of 1 stock and 4 minutes."

That was my friend's suggestion. I think he also said something about a ledge grab limit in the rematch as well, but I'm not too sure. Maybe infinite time could work? I suppose that it's possible to have infinite patience an outlast your opponents nerves, though. Anyways, I have always found winning by percents to be a disagreeable rule.

Thoughts on the idea?

arsenic41

Smash Ace
Since Alan and Ariel posted an idea for anti-planking, I want to post one too. My friend told me about this. I believe he said it was being implemented in some places, but it was a while ago. Anyways, it goes like this:

One on One Apples to Apples Showdown

"If there is a tie in stocks by the match end, then the players bust out the Apples to Apples and do a best of 5 topic cards to a panel of judges, winner is decided by first to 3 topic cards."

**** right *****es. Nothing says Sudden Death more than a man to man fight of wits and humor to humor in A2A.

Thoughts on the idea?

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
i'll be back in ottawa tomorrow. someone get a hold of me this week for fun times.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
MY FRIENDS Bi-WEEKLY IS ENTERTAINING MY FRIENDS FOR SHOWING UP FRIDAY MY FRIEND YES IS TRUE IS AM CAN SEE MY FRIENDS HAVE BEEN GONE VERY LONG TIME OK.

EDIT: MY FRIENDS BI-WEEKLY IS UNKNOWN MY FRIENDS SHOWING UP HARD LOCATION NOT KNOW MY FRIENDS YES OK

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
i'm going to critical mass friday, but i'd like to stop by afterwards. whats the address and when to you kids kick people out? do you guys smoke pot? anyone want to go bike riding with me beforehand (critical mass)?

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
Sorry Alan, I can't show up Friday, I'm going to a party. We can meet up during the week though and I can give you the cable then.

buenob

Smash Lord
so some of you (namely PND) have heard of my crazy plans to host a large scale tournament here in ottawa again...

to you I say... the first steps are under way.. GET HYPE!

starting soon:
brawl/melee sponsored monthlies

entry will be slightly more than a reg. bi-weekly, and this is NOT to replace the bi-weeklies that are starting up in any way (hopefully... I would consider the bi-weeklies practice for these tournaments)

... hype! (by the way, I need to know there is hype if I want to confirm sponsors... we will also be hosting mvc2, xvsf, TvC etc. tournaments, but I just need to know if there's interest for smash)

and to those of you who think I can't do this on my own... well, that's entirely true... there is currently a team of 10 people working on this :)

if you're interested in helping out with things on the planning side, send me a line via facebook

ps: I am going to the MLG event in DC for brawl, so will need some practice soon.. i am not dead!

Linkshot

Smash Hero
I will definitely help with brackets and making sure all their matches get done, no mercy on "Tourney > Friendlies", etc etc.

I'm sure Montreal and Toronto would be ECSTATIC to hear Ottawa is hosting more tourneys. I heard their scenes are starting to slow down against its own will.

Also considering the turnout of Mike's first biweekly, we should consider Smash64 brackets.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Awesome hearing about future bigger scale Ottawa tourneys and stuff. I might be alone, but I remember waay back when Obscene happened thinking that it was a blast.

And you're checking out the MLG thing, huh? Cool to hear, check out as much as you can, I'd say.

Top Bottom