• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Ontario Canada HD Remix

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Alrighty then I suppose we'll warm up there.

Since I have all the information, I asked my parents yesterday night, and they're deliberating so we'll see

So the plan as far as I know is...

I'm gonna be leaving Toronto

departing: 6:30 AM, arriving: 12:15 PM

PND picks me up (I'll txt u my cell #)

We smash & eat and all that happy fun stuff

PND gives me a ride back to Ottawa in the morning in time for

departing: 7:00 AM, arriving: 12:05 PM

Giving me enough time to go to work in the evening.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah, there should be places to crash I think. I believe PND said he could house some people and I can probably have a few people crash in my basement without much trouble.

SoLn

Smash Apprentice
Im definatley interested in going. Ill try to confirm by tonight.

@Mike - can you pm me your phone number in case I need to contact you last minute.

@Ariel - If I go we can team and ill cover your fees\whatever. i just hope there are enough seat spots.

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
yeah we can go teams, mike, thats cool.
could u pm me your number as well? i'll be bussing it to bayshore so that needs to be synchronized a bit.

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
I hope I can make it out. I'll try my best to collect whatever cash I can in order to offset any charges that someone may cover me for. I can also bring a reasonably good condition controller with me, in case someone needs to use it.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Alrighty then I suppose we'll warm up there.

Since I have all the information, I asked my parents yesterday night, and they're deliberating so we'll see

So the plan as far as I know is...

I'm gonna be leaving Toronto

departing: 6:30 AM, arriving: 12:15 PM

PND picks me up (I'll txt u my cell #)

We smash & eat and all that happy fun stuff

PND gives me a ride back to Ottawa in the morning in time for

departing: 7:00 AM, arriving: 12:05 PM

Giving me enough time to go to work in the evening.
PND, just confirm the above for me whenever u see it so that we have a solid plan.

Fogel

Smash Lord
Hi everyone!

Good to see the scene is still active.

the dead will rise again...
Hi!

You still have at least one of my controllers, and still owe me gas money from the Hamilton tourney ($23). I won't personally be able to make it, but if you go to PND's tourney, please give my stuff to Jiggernaut/Ariel/Orlando, and I will get it back from them later.

Thanks!

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
Hi everyone!

Good to see the scene is still active.
Actually, it was completely dead for a while.

It seems some things need to be sorted out for rides. We should probably make a post with headers for the rides and put the people in each ride under that. Just to make sure we can do this, lol.

And on a side note, I'm trying to configure my computer to work properly, and I was wondering if you guys would mind helping.

I have the Rogers Online Protection, and I've been told to remove it for a couple of reasons. One being it doesn't protect on non-Rogers networks (eg, at school...) and another is that it keeps me from gaming (it's pretty bulky). It is currently my anti-virus, my anti-spyware, and my firewall, so I have to get replacements.

So for anyone interested, could you suggest

A) Anti-Virus
B) Anti-Spyware
C) Firewall
and anything else that could optimize my system. I do want to game, so it can't be too bulky

Additional info: (you don't have to read if not interested)

I've heard Avira was good for anti-virus for a free one, but when I went to download it, it wanted me to fill out an "offer" which seemed to make it not free. Is there a way around this somehow, or can I just look at the offer and not take it?

So far, I've put on the free Ad-Aware for spyware, and in a quick scan (15 min) it found 5 major Trojans that ROP didn't find in 5 hours. However, when it gets to certain files in a large scan, it will crash. I put in Auslogics defrager to try and help that problem (since the windows one didn't finish after an entire day) , but Ad-aware crashes still.

How is the window's firewall? I was thinking I'd just use that, but if it's full of holes, then I guess I shouldn't

Tl;dr verson:

1.21 gigawatts, Marty!

SoLn

Smash Apprentice
use avast or avg for free anti-virus/spyware. there was a free firewall program but I forgot its name, i think its zone something.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I have to agree with Avast!, since after my PC got infected with something and the total useless tool that said he was going to fix it without wiping it, did just that, Avast! seems to have stopped anything from getting in. And it regularly updates itself.

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
Install Linux and stop playing videogames yup yup
Lol, nice one. Btw, congrates on your epiphany of sorts. :D I meant to say it earlier.

use avast or avg for free anti-virus/spyware. there was a free firewall program but I forgot its name, i think its zone something.
For avast!, is it an entire suite, or just the two? Just because I saw a whole 6 or so program-running-at-once avast! before and it really bogged up the system. Btw, do you know how much more better live protection is compared to regular scans?

I have to agree with Avast!, since after my PC got infected with something and the total useless tool that said he was going to fix it without wiping it, did just that, Avast! seems to have stopped anything from getting in. And it regularly updates itself.
Sounds great. Again, is it an entire group of things, or is it just virus/spyware? Does it bog down your system at all?

PND

Smash Champion
Yeah, saw your post Tin Man. That's the plan.

So it looks like I'll be picking up Tin Man, MALCORE, SolN (Confirmation pending), and I have one spot. Jiggernaut, you taking it? That means anyone else is gonna have to get picked up by Bryant or Tyler, which should be totally manageable.

I have 4 TV's that can be used (one is HDTV so there might be lag, but it's perfect for friendlies / other games) one wii and one gamecube. So if you guys can bring some wiis it would be pretty ace. If you have a small, portable TV it could help smooth things out as well.

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
Avast is a combination of Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware I think. I believe there's a firewall in there somewhere but don't quote me.
Cool then. And it doesn't slow down your computer at all?

Yeah, saw your post Tin Man. That's the plan.

So it looks like I'll be picking up Tin Man, MALCORE, SolN (Confirmation pending), and I have one spot. Jiggernaut, you taking it? That means anyone else is gonna have to get picked up by Bryant or Tyler, which should be totally manageable.

I have 4 TV's that can be used (one is HDTV so there might be lag, but it's perfect for friendlies / other games) one wii and one gamecube. So if you guys can bring some wiis it would be pretty ace. If you have a small, portable TV it could help smooth things out as
well.
I'm flexable, so if it's easier for someone to not go to bayshore and get picked up by Bryant, then I'll go to bayshore.

I can bring my wii and brawl, and I don't have a tv to bring, so it will be one of the 3 for your TV's I guess.

I'll be bringing my TV and lolWii.

I can bring my GameCube, maybe.

ALSO I WILL BE BRINGING OUR MASCOT THE OTTAWA DOUCHEBAG
uhh. I hope you don't mean Patrick, lol, cuz that would be kinda mean to talk about him that way. If you don't mean that strange kinder surprise thing, I have no idea.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
I do mean the strange kinder surprise thing looool I didn't even think about Patrick when I said that.

He's going to a convention and won't make it, by the way.

PND

Smash Champion
Riley just told me that you're getting picked up by Bryant, so that's cool. I'll pick up Ariel or someone else who wants to come.

@Alan: Moses?

PND

Smash Champion
Not everyone on this list is 100% confirmed, but it looks like the participation will be:

1. PND
2. Haze
3. Knuckles
4. Tin Man
5. Zylem
6. SolN
7. Jiggernaut
8. Linkshot
9. Livewire
10. Moses
11. Perky
12. Jill@
13. Lunchbox
14. MALCORE

(People listed in no particular order, just stream of consciousness style)

Looks like a pretty good turnout IMO.

Payouts will be top 3. 60/30/10 for singles and doubles.

Payouts:
1st place: $42
2nd place: $21
3rd place: $7

Doubles, in the interest of splitting the money evenly between teammates, payouts will be:
1st place: $40 ($20 each)
2nd place: $20 ($10 each)
3d place: $10 ($5 each)

SoLn

Smash Apprentice
@Alan - Are you bringing Moses?

@Mike - I can make it. Whats a good time to be at bayshore? Ill try to bring a wii/brawl id bring melee but my melee disc doesnt work :/. Do you have sf2 hd remix? Whats the entrance fee for each event?

@Ariel - Are you coming?

@Andrew - Im not really sure if itll get in the way of your gaming. I suppose if your computer is really good it should be no problem.

PND

Smash Champion
@Alan: You said Ottawa's douchebag mascot, I assumed moses. :laugh: Who's the douchebag mascot, then?

@Orlando: I have SF2HD Remix, Soul Calibur 4, Guilty Gear XX2 Accent Core, MVC2, and for luls, Deadliest Warrior. That's just for the Xbox. I don't have a stick though, so if you have one I recommend bringing it.
For Bayshore, around quarter-to one would probably be the best time. I'll confirm timing in a few hours, I have some stuff to take care of first then I'll have my schedule 100% ready

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
So when/where will I be picked up by Bryant? Meeting at Carleton wouldn't be too much of a problem if it's convenient.

@Andrew - Im not really sure if itll get in the way of your gaming. I suppose if your computer is really good it should be no problem.
That's the problem. With my current configuration, my computer can't handle most games on the lowest graphics settings. XD And I mean they get unplayable.

It's not too far under the requirements, like the only thing being two 1.8 GHz processors when I need 2.0 processors and I have 1GB more Ram than I need. The recommendations are for the recommended settings, right? So that's why I get the feeling it's too many things running in the background.

OH! Mike, do you have a SNES? If there are enough wii's I could bring mine if you don't along with Shaq Fu, Clayfighter and some others. I could even bring both. What do you guys think of that?

Tin Man

Smash Hero
So with Linkshot u now have 4 good TV's right. I suggest the 5th TV be used for like another game (I <3 Soul Calibur 4, **** at it tho). Everything else shud b straight up brawl. Can teams tourney be round robin (so at least there are plenty of matches to play with only a few teams).

PND

Smash Champion
Okay, change of plans.

Bryant will be picking up Tin Man at noon, I'll be coming into the city around 4 to pick up everyone at Bayshore. I hope this doesn't ruin anyone's plans.

My number is 6I3-863-I8O7. Call me if you need further details

SoLn

Smash Apprentice
Unfortunately i dont have a stick, but ive gotten used to playing on the xbox controller.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
OH! Mike, do you have a SNES? If there are enough wii's I could bring mine if you don't along with Shaq Fu, Clayfighter and some others. I could even bring both. What do you guys think of that?

Clayfighter? Oh man, I remember that game. Actually still have/sometimes play the first 2. :laugh:

Oh, and I'm half tempted to believe the Moses thing is just Harold mindgaming us, haha.

Also, if people need to be picked up tomorrow, or need a place to crash tomorrow night, then try to let me know tonight before it's really late so I can send you my cell and a time when something could be worked out. Could take 3-4 if something falls through, or could have 4 in my basement (bed in backroom, couch folds out, room on floor), but since Wii's on main floor if anybody wants any additional stuff while over, they'll have to settle for PS2 or PS3. :p

Divine_Haze

Smash Journeyman
Bring the SNES!!! I have some games that I'll bring. I can't think of the ones I have atm, but I'll bring them along with me.

P.S. STOKED FOR TOMORROW!! HYYYYYPE!!!!;)

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
@Ariel - Are you coming?
I hope so, if there's room. I'll definitely be there.

Unfortunately i dont have a stick, but ive gotten used to playing on the xbox controller.
I was getting trashed online yesteday, so I don't think I'll be providing much challenge. I'll be bringing harold's black cont so we can have some matches.

Bryant will be picking up Tin Man at noon, I'll be coming into the city around 4 to pick up everyone at Bayshore. I hope this doesn't ruin anyone's plans.

My number is 6I3-863-I8O7. Call me if you need further details
What part of Bayshore? Additionally, I can bring a wii/brawl/melee if you'd like. Even though I don't really play it anymore, there's always room for Melee.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
If you bring an SNES, I will bring Killer Instinct and provide an extra controller.

MOSES

Answer nao. Can somebody else give him a ride, or do I have to go grab him?
Also do you have permission? Lol.

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
Harold here:

Nice to see the Smash community pulling a Jesus from time to time. Although, one has to wonder... why are you guys playing Smash when there's STARCRAFT 2!

You know what you get when you mix Bowser, Samus and Marth? Kerrigan! :)

Top Bottom