• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Ontario Canada HD Remix

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
Hey again. Good to know that I didn't miss anything, but I'm sorry to hear about your Grandma. I won't be making it tomorrow because I already have plans. Sorry. :(

APURelinquished

Smash Rookie
I need to try Minish Cap, I've heard both good and bad about it.

Also I've been thinking, do I buy an xbox and get halo 3 (a few of my friends keep bugging me about it)? What's everyone's opinion on the game? :p

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Personally, I'd suggest getting a PS3 instead, but that's just me since I prefer fighting games instead of a lot of shooters and the PS3 controller is a lot better for it. That being said, Halo 3's supposed to be pretty good and I DO like a good shooter every now and then so...

SoLn

Smash Apprentice
It would really depend if you are into Halo or not. The 360 does have a good game library though, probably the best if you ask me.

@Mike - I may have missed this but what time is the bbq/fest starting?

Who is driving and has space?

Linkshot

Smash Hero
360 does have a great game library.

Halo 3's community is TERRIBLE. Do not get into it. It's like browsing 4chan on your Xbox with mic enabled.

Anyway expect me there in a couple hours, Jordan. I'll wanna play a lot of vBrawl to warm up for next week, so I won't be taking Minus with me, unless I see a request before I head out.

PND

Smash Champion
You guys are welcome to come over around 2ish. (You guys can come over earlier than that, too, but I'll be making my trip into the city around noonish, I figure I'll be back around 1, 1:30. I'll start barbecuing around 5 or 6. I figure we can start doubles around 3 to 4 ish. When I come into the city to pick up Tin Man I can give 3 people rides from either the bus terminal downtown OR Bayshore, those are my two stops.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
I'm still waiting on Knuckles to provide ride info, and then I'm also waiting on attendance to see if its worth going. I'd have to purchase a ticket & tell my parents sooner or later guys (btw sooner = better)

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Crap, my phone seems to not be working right now for whatever reason so, anyone here who wants to reach me will either have to PM, IM, or in Mike's case (since I think he's the only one who knows my number there, lol), call me at home. :(

arsenic41

Smash Ace
I just got familowned (verb. A coined action phrase to describe ones current situation when getting owned by ones family) can't make it guys.

:(

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Random note, but phone seems to be working again...for some reason.

And that sucks Randy, was hoping you'd come down, but can understand how that stuff goes though.

PND

Smash Champion
Right now seems to be:

PND
Haze
Knuckles
Livewire
SolN
Jiggernaut
MALCORE
Linkshot
Perky
Jill@
Tin Man

And I'm gonna call Bryant today and tell him to get on smashboards. But if he can't, I definitely will be picking you up

SoLn

Smash Apprentice
Im not confirmed yet. I still need to know what time you are planning to come into the city if you are picking up Tin Man. But I guess it will be around 1?

PND

Smash Champion
Knuckles is bringing Lunchbox, Jill@, and Perky with him which means he only has ONE spot left.

Although Perky might have to work, she's trying to switch her shift. That might leave two spots.

I have FOUR spots open. I assume I'll be picking up Jiggernaut, MALCORE, Tin Man, and maybe SolN if he's still interested in coming. Which means that if anyone else is coming ARIEL / HAROLD / BEN/ CAM? / MELEE PLAYERS / WHOEVER we may need you to drive still.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
ok then.

so the plan would be to arrive at noon (I'll get the time later but its like 12:30), then go to tourney, sleep over, then leave at like 7am on sunday to catch the bus and make it to Tdot in time for work. KK, gon ask my parents :o

Divine_Haze

Smash Journeyman
THIS IS KNUCKLES...

i will drive as many people as need a ride even if it means 2 trips.

PND: I was going to give jiggernaut a lift also unless he expressed otherwise to you... Call Buenob! his number is forever lost to me in my old cell phone. Riley texted but got no response. You should harass him by phone (not text, i have suspicions) and if he is still MIA I will camp outside his building tomorrow. Me and Riley want a crack at the former best team in ottawa so we gotta get him and Wilman out.

Randy: you live with these ^^ people, no? Are they aware of this event? interested? And you should come also. Family is no substitute for smash.

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
If getting a ride with knuckles is much easier than getting a ride with Mike, I could switch rides if you guys wanted. I did ask Knuckles already by PM, though. Getting to bayshore is not a big deal for me.

Sorry to hear you can't make it, Randy. :( Wait where are you living now?

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Now i'm a little torn between PND & Linkshot. I saw the following post 1st

On that note I will need a teammate. I prefer my partner to stay back and stock tank so that I can get max aura.
and that backed up with a post like [collapse=this:]
Well I think that's how I was playing against Bryant in Montreal, but my memory is foggy as usual.
All I remember is it went to Game 3, Last Stock, Last Hit, and he got a Shuttle Loop :<.
5-and-a-half minutes on Delfino.
Alan: yes you were at your best for that set. And it was a bulslhit shuttle loop on a delfino walk off. You were only at 80% or so i believe. I find you generally play very well against me, you should do it all the time.
[/collapse]

I figured that Linkshot would probably be a great partner seeing as how I <3 to tank. I assumed Knuckles & Haze were teaming and really didn't know what to do lol. Its also reinforcing that Linkshot is on the PR (and in a good spot also) while PND is not on it at all.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=254483 (needs more Ottawa PR members at this)

In PND's defense tho, he mains better characters (top tier lol) & I know him better (never saw linkshot in person).

That being said, Imma request to team with Linkshot cause I main a ****ier character too (LOL ROB), and I also main Olimar if things don't work out. I <3 u PND but maybe next time.

On another note, would it be possible for the tournaments to be round robin tourneys, (at least for doubles). That way we can all play more games.

PND

Smash Champion
That's okay Tin Man. Your loss :devil::devil:

Kk. MALCORE? Need a teammate?

Both our screen names are in all caps. I think that's a sign from a higher deity* that we need to be together.

EDIT: Round Robin depends on participation. It looks like we'll probably have enough for a full double elim bracket.

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
Good news: I am in Ottawa now(I had left btw), which means I'll be able to go, provided I am able to get a ride from someone.

Bad news: I got familownned as well (about 2 seconds away from being homeless actually...) and so have no money for entrance fees/gas.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Oh sweet, that's good you could probably go. I'll have to see what's going on with things and that kinda stuff. Trying to remember the way to Bayshore since can't remember when last drove there. :laugh:

Linkshot

Smash Hero
I'll take you up, Tin Man. I have both ROB and Olimar experience, so choose at your liesure.
If you really want, I can try to warm up my Ness for teams, too, but it's a little risky since I use him in friendlies mostly.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
I'll only play Wifi for Minus, but I think we'll have time to warm up in friendlies at the "venue".

EDIT: @PND: Since you said it will be carrying over to Sunday, how is that going to work? Ending after midnight, or taking a break? If the latter, will there be a place for me to crash? (even space on the floor will be fine; I have a sleeping bag)

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
Good news: I am in Ottawa now(I had left btw), which means I'll be able to go, provided I am able to get a ride from someone.

Bad news: I got familownned as well (about 2 seconds away from being homeless actually...) and so have no money for entrance fees/gas.
I'm sure we can arange something. I can just hand you 5 bucks for entering, and I'm sure other people in your ride wouldn't mind if you just didn't chip in if indeed you really can't.

Btw, guys I am also in need of a partner.

Top Bottom