• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Ontario Canada HD Remix

APURelinquished

Smash Rookie
If you want to play Air Ride at all tonight can you bring your copy? Mine doesn't seem to like me atm :ohwell:.

I have a few new things to try out with Pikachu too, they work on some of my friends but they all suck more than me, so that's not saying much :p.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
You should practice up on the chaingrab.
Yeah I can bring my copy. Wanna play with or without a memory card?
Oh, and I added a new song to Yoshi's Island (Melee) yesterday :3

APURelinquished

Smash Rookie
I really should practice those, I find I'm better with the grab -> f-thow -> run -> regrab one than I am with the grab -> u-throw -> regrab one. Kind of weird considering the former is actually more difficult than the latter though.

I don't care what we play with, I just want to try the infinite-flight-by-mashing-A exploit :p.

SoLn

Smash Apprentice
^I also wont be making it today. But what you should be implementing into your game are aerials. From what I could remember you barely ever did any fairs/bairs/nairs/dairs. Start using these alot more they are huge component of brawl. Just my advice.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
I agree that half of a character's moveset is important in Brawl :p Especially the aerial portion.

Aerial characters are simply better at Brawl because it's an aerial game.

Also I will probably show up at Blair Station around...5:15 (17:15 military), if you wanna meet me there. Otherwise I can try to backtrack through my memory.

EDIT: Might be a liiiiittle later, might not. Eating now.

APURelinquished

Smash Rookie
Heh, just got that now >.>

I was cleaning my living room and having dinner so I didn't check - I don't have time to get to blair by then now :p. If it gets to 5:30-45 ish and you're not here I'll walk to blair :p.

PND

Smash Champion
Hey guys, long time no chat. I've been working like crazy lately and haven't really had time for anything smash related. :(

However, that's about to change. That's because in two weeks I'll going to be hosting

"PND's Welcome Back Barbecue and Smash Tourney"
* Saturday, August 7th * @PND's House *

Basically I'll be hosting a tourney / smashfest for us all featuring the best of what the letter B has to offer.

There will be:

BBQ'd Burgers
Beer (and non-alchohlic stuff too)
Brawl
BMelee
and finally. . .
Bosak!

So come, hang out, feast, drink and be merry. I <3 y'all, and I can't wait to get back in the scene.

But here's the catch. . .

I don't live in Ottawa at the moment. I live in Kemptville, it's about a 30-40 minute drive from Ottawa. Hopefully you guys can carpool out. Because of the nature of finding rides and organizing this kind of stuff, I'm also willing to push this back to the 14th of August as long as it's better for you guys.

So plz confirm if you can make it! :)

EDIT: Oh, and I'll probably have some really good news to share with you guys at the tourney :D

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
If people are lucky, I MIGHT be able to provide transportation one way if people need it/don't mind getting dropped off/picked up at Bayshore. But can't go promising anything.

SoLn

Smash Apprentice
Would love to go as long as I dont have work to do and I would also need a ride.

Charlesz

Smash Champion
Yo lirewire, if you can get transportation to pnd's house, can I carpool with you guys?

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Charlesz, I'm not sure you understand what was saying. I live like....literally 5 minutes from PND's place, so I'd be making a separate drive out to the Bayshore mall to pick a couple of people up (since it's a place in Ottawa I actually know the way to, lol) OR drop them off. Not both, since that's 3 hours of driving back and forth in one day. :laugh:

SKidd

Smash Master
I haven't seen Hero in a while... :(

Oh you're a PT main.
*Thinks of PT mains...*

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
Hey, everyone! How's it going? Hope you've all been well.

So first of all, is there anything happening tonight? I'd be more than willing to go and to bring anything I can but I will need the info ASAP. This includes a PM with the address.

Also, PND, I can't make the 7th as I have a wedding to go to the entire day. The 14th would be much better for me. I would still need a ride, though. Btw, what time is it at?

Hope to hear from you soon!

PND

Smash Champion
Okay, due to requests by Haze, Jiggernaut, and Tin Man, I am officially postponing the tourney/bbq thingy until the 14th.

And I have really good news to share with everyone on that date

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
i'd like to mike this, it sounds like fun. if anyone wants to start a car pool or something even if it means splitting on a taxi, i'll pitch in some gas money.

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
where do i apply?
anyways, i can pitch in gas money for a seat... lemme know
i know u dont know me, but im a good guy, i wont fart in your ride or anything.

APURelinquished

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone,

Sorry about disappearing randomly, I had to go to London (Ontario) unexpectedly because my Grandmother was hospitalized and I didn't get a chance to get online before leaving (last Thursday) to tell people last week was canceled :(.

Anyway, tomorrow night is a go, and I've decided that I don't care about posting my contact info/address on the forums :p. I live at 1449 Ridgebrook Drive unit 102, and you can reach me by text or calling (613) 297-9668, and my msn address is jordan_b_b@msn.com.

Again, sorry about the horrible communication last week (hopefully nobody was standing outside my house... >.>). Who'd be able to show up tomorrow night? (5-whenever, I'm the only one home this Friday and next Friday)

Top Bottom