• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Ontario Canada HD Remix

SoLn

Smash Apprentice
EDIT: Going to post here instead of choking up the bieekly thread. I think I might still go to non biweeklies but I want to do random stuff like custom stages, or stamina, or items or w/e. I want to play Super Smash Bros Brawl the party game, not the competitive one. If you guys want as much competitive practice as possible let me know so that I don't have to go and... just kinda be there. I wanna play on customs stages. I am sure that I am not alone in this... right?
If im around ill be down for some of that stuff.

Fogel

Smash Lord
Umm...not to detract from people talking about lulz, but I found a pretty good post on improving your game (it's for Melee, but a lot of the stuff applies to Brawl): http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=228941

Alan/Ben/Moses for the Montreal tourney:

The plan is to leave Saturday morning. Registration starts at 11:00am, so I was planning to try and be there at about 10:30 so we have time to set up and play some friendlies first. To answer your question, it would probably be best to show up Saturday morning between 7:30-8am (I'd like to leave at 8), but if you can't get here that early on Saturday then you can stay over Friday night.

Also, Ben, I vaguely remember you saying earlier that you had to be back in Ottawa for 1pm Sunday. However, this is is a two-day tourney, and Brawl singles brackets aren't until day 2 (basically the same as last time we went to Montreal...I think it's even the same venue). Does this affect your plans at all?

Linkshot

Smash Hero
I'll probably have a much easier time getting up at your place, Cam, if it's not too intruding.

Just double-checking: The shower will be available in the morning, right? I don't want to end up stinking up the car from building a summer sweat >D;

Fogel

Smash Lord
I'll probably have a much easier time getting up at your place, Cam, if it's not too intruding.

Just double-checking: The shower will be available in the morning, right? I don't want to end up stinking up the car from building a summer sweat >D;
Sure, but be aware that I don't really have an extra bed that I can loan out. You'll need to bring your own sleeping bag/pillow, or whatever you like to sleep on. Also, you're good to use the shower, but again, bring your own shower stuff (my roommate probably wouldn't appreciate random people using his stuff).

PND

Smash Champion
Ariel:
I just thought of something I need to know the answer to: Does Shedinja take damage from struggle? It's not super effective, so. . . maybe? If Shedinja doesn't, I hereby challenge you to come up with a "Struggledinja" build, based around pure humiliation as you struggle your opponents to death.

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
Just making sure, but there will be a smashfest on friday, correct? If so, I will be attending along with Mel (my gf).

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
I'll be picking up the car Thursday night for It's A Trap. Therefore, the Friday smashfest is on at the normal times! Yay!
Alright, sounds awesome. I'll see you then.

Ahhhhhhhhh, Jiggers, you might not want to mention your girlfriend's name around my cousin >.>

He has a friend named Mel that he loves to make fun of x.x
lolwut? What does he make fun of her for? And when they are being introduced, should I just make a relatively loud noise to drown out her name? You are talking about Patrick, right?

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
@PNDMike-Shedinja has very situational uses. It can be used decently in the Uber pokemon environment since the weather is always rain or shine and those don't kill him(unlike the sandstorms in OU). It's more important use however, is as the n00b stomping pokemon. You send it out on a n00b and they get pwnt. It's lol.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Sweet :D We have a thing happening this Friday. Might wanna PM Fogel really soon if you wanna join in. There's no tourney this week, so it's a great time for meet-and-greet.

SoLn

Smash Apprentice
Dayum. I see great things coming from MF. He posted and still has 0 posts (wtfhax).

By the way, are you a melee or brawl player? Or both?

Welcome to the Ottawa Smash Community.

Murderface_GR

Smash Rookie
Thanks guys! I'm big time into melee, not so much brawl- the only two guys I've played with who are any good hate brawl, so I haven't played it much after doing all that work unlocking everything...wouldn't mind playing it a bit more though, I do like the levels better at least! Fox 1v1 on final destination in melee is my fav combo :) It's too bad he looks like a douchebag in brawl....

Fogel

Smash Lord
@Ben: Apparently the world of bike tire measurements is complicated. I googled your bike, and it lists the tires as: tires

Innova IA-2068 700x35c

which means nothing to me, and does not seem to contain a measurement in inches or centimetres. I measured with a tape measure, and the diameter is about 26-26 1/4 inches. I don't know if that's precise enough to help you though :(

Dayum. I see great things coming from MF. He posted and still has 0
posts (wtfhax).

By the way, are you a melee or brawl player? Or both?

Welcome to the Ottawa Smash Community.
Posts in social boards (ie: anything in North Coast, such as this thread) don't add to your post count. The tradeoff is you can spam stuff here without mods getting angry at you (I think...).

Thanks guys! I'm big time into melee, not so much brawl- the only two guys I've played with who are any good hate brawl, so I haven't played it much after doing all that work unlocking everything...wouldn't mind playing it a bit more though, I do like the levels better at least! Fox 1v1 on final destination in melee is my fav combo :) It's too bad he looks like a douchebag in brawl....
Welcome to the scene!

PND

Smash Champion
Sweet, a Dethklok / Metalocalypse reference. Ask Knuckles about the time we saw Maiden and Dethklok in Montreal, good times.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
Most people play Brawl, but there are still people who play Melee (myself included). I'll play you whenever we meet. By the way, you might like brawl more if you play good players that enjoy it or at least have more respect for it. Welcome to the Ottawa smash scene.

buenob

Smash Lord
awesome :) i'll be there at 9:30 then

murderface Murderface MURDERFACE MURDERFACE!!

lol, hope to see you around, though my melee is sub-par

Fogel

Smash Lord
awesome :) i'll be there at 9:30 then

murderface Murderface MURDERFACE MURDERFACE!!

lol, hope to see you around, though my melee is sub-par
Actually, I've just been informed that my dad will be out until 10:30-11pm. So I'm going to fail at being on time again...sorry :( Hope you get this in time!

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
Hey, guys. Just checking, but would it be alright if I brought over my laptop to work to finish off a Java assignment tonight? I have to submit it before 12, so I'd have to use Cam's internet to submit it.

Basically, I'm asking your permission, Cam, to use your internet sometime tonight.

buenob

Smash Lord
morning all!

just wasting some time before the 2nd day (singles) starts, so I thought I'd post... It's actually a pretty small tournament maybe 25 people, but as always it's still a tonne of fun...

ottawa is doin' a good job reppin', cam and alan came in tied 5th in teams, losing to Kage and a rediculously agro donkey kong, who took joel and I to game 3 but we prevailed and ended up coming in 2nd

I think we'll do fairly well today, wish us luck!

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Nah, Ottawans sounds SO much better than Padawans. Good luck to you Ottawa guys, and glad to hear you've been repping pretty well so far.

Also, thanks for putting up the AaCaG matches, infzy. I'll have to check them out, for sure.

Murderface_GR

Smash Rookie
hey guys, thanks for letting me stop by Friday- good times! Glad to hear things are going well in mtl. You guys probably won't see me too often since I'm pretty busy with band stuff and camping, but I'll try to make it once every 6 weeks or so- it'll help me improve, I obviously have some (major) catching up to do :) Any key threads/vids you recommend me checking out in the meantime when I'm bored at work?

cheers!

MF

IvanEva

Smash Ace
**** (rhymes with 'ham' and is considered too obscene for Smashboards...)! Had I known you were going to show up I might have come. Then again, Kerrigan needed to keep her broods in line again... That game never gets old (until the sequel(s) comes out...). The key to getting better is... well, if I knew that I'd be the best instead of losing all the time. :p

You're in a band? I like bands; what kind of band is it?

Glad to hear that you popped in. Now just remember, Devourers suck. Royally.

BananaTrooper

Smash Journeyman
hey guys, thanks for letting me stop by Friday- good times! Glad to hear things are going well in mtl. You guys probably won't see me too often since I'm pretty busy with band stuff and camping, but I'll try to make it once every 6 weeks or so- it'll help me improve, I obviously have some (major) catching up to do :) Any key threads/vids you recommend me checking out in the meantime when I'm bored at work?

cheers!

MF
So it seems as though I've completely missed a new melee player coming out - **** me.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Montreal was awesome. I played better than I ever have out of town, and I'm very proud of myself. I'm not sure what else to say about the actual tournament.

However, the out-of-tourney experiences were the best. Montreal driving is a huge mindgame.

Top Bottom