• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Ontario Canada HD Remix

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
Haha, ya that was pretty cool, despite their ear bleeding reaction. Unfortunately this is only second rate to my Falcon Punch into a Falcon Punch. And because I said so it must be true. But seriously, I did get a Punch to a Punch but it wasn't lead up by that Grab, Nair, Nair so they win.
Montreal is so win.

Suo

Smash Apprentice
I think you just uncovered another epic Alan quote Ariel, missed that one at first glance.

Hahahahaaaa Alan you're too funny.

buenob

Smash Lord
me and andrew need to get there somehow

riley / bryant / dave -- you guys should go, and drive us so that cam can drive more people, I wouldn't want to ask for all the remaining spots in his car...

seriously, you should all attempt to come... its 25 bucks of entry + food for 2 days... you get housed by random smashers, and it's basically a weekend of smashfest, tonnes of fun... not only do you meet great people, but you're exposed to all sorts of different playstyles... some are crazy heavy into mindgames, some are all about the comboz, it's really fun meeting them and playing them for the first time (which I think the more people you have this encounter of playing for the first time, the faster you'll get better)

out of the 60+ people who enter, over half don't make it through to finals, but they show up and have a blast anyways... AvariceX is a great guy I met at the tourneys, and he's been soooo close to getting through pools, but he doesn't let that keep him down :) it's his goal to get through, and he definitely gets a lot better after each tourney... just playing friendly matches (warning! friendly does not mean MvC or some other sort of non-standard-competitive-brawl... not everyone is as open minded as we are...) with rando's, or even randomly challenging people to money matches is a great way to learn (harold)

anyways, i seriously endorse going to these tourneys

ps. I won the brawl portion of the Battle Royale lan... and CoD4, and rockband, and in our group we won everything but CS:S and TF2... rage-stomp! the announcer didn't know what to do when andrew and I were playing... any time anyone was off the level or below it he was like "and xxxxx is off the stage"... he thought i was in 'trouble' a bunch, until he realized i could fly :D

"omg he still isn't dead? how can he 3stock so many people"

also, the guy who came in 2nd played a decent rob, he beat my diddy, but I wasn't really trying to win, I got the reaction I wanted.. "and here come the banannas... holy ****!"

i told him about the boards and he seemed interested, so hopefully he'll post

Remilia Scarlet

Smash Cadet
I fought a Snake first round that thought the only moves in the game were forward tilt and up tilt and he was almost winning.

KnucklesTheEchidna

Smash Apprentice
PNDMike: The last hope

Geez Andrew. I woulda thought all the practice you have against my tilt spamming Snake would have prepared you for that :laugh:

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
I fought a Snake first round that thought the only moves in the game were forward tilt and up tilt and he was almost winning.
No one taught him about pressing b every once in a while? =P

Anyways, congratulations guys! Sounds like the announcer didn't know much about the game. Also, lol at your sandbagging Ben =P

IvanEva

Smash Ace
I has insufficient funds. But if I can get some, I totally want to get out of this ****hole go to the tourney. I need to see how I rank up against other regions. I'll talk to my parents about it sometime.
Where do you get the money for the bi-weeklies usually? If your parents aren't too keen on giving you the money, perhaps you could borrow it from them and then get a job to pay them back.

My biggest problems with your drawing is that it doesn't look like Dan's head and that his right shoulder should, given the position of his left shoulder, be further back, partly concealed by his chest.

For the face, I'd recommend giving him a true chin as opposed to the overly anime pointy chin. Dan actually has quite a prominent chin. As well, I'd cut the size of his head where you can see hair down to half of what it is. Lastly, I'd obscure his pony tail as the only way for it to be sticking up like that is for him to be falling a great distance (which his ripped up clothing and belt would have to show as well for it to be true). Lastly 2, you forgot Dan's signature hair strand on the front. He's just not Dan without it.

Lastly 3, I'd put a comma after 'Sagat' and a bit more space between 'I' and 'will'.

Lastly 4, I'd also make his hands thicker. Remember, in Street Fighter EVERY part of their bodies is made of 100% muscle.

Good luck with the contest and hopefully you'll win something for me. Where's the link to this thing? I wouldn't mind entering, although I'd only draw Street Fighter III characters.

And FFYF2 sounds sweet, but can't help but think of the ***-kickings of epic proportions I'd get if I even thought about it. :laugh:
Going to a tournament is, without a doubt, the single best way to get better. It's a great experience and you'll see a lot of things you never knew existed (like girl gamers :laugh:). Trust me, it's very much worth your time and money. Even outside of possibly winning, it's a great experience and one that I can't recommend enough.

Looks like most of Ottawa has a crush on Niko, hahaha.
Niko has that Naruto power where he makes friends with everyone he meets. He's just that cool of a guy.

Congrats on your win Ben! Way to rep the Smash Boards Ottawa scene. How many people showed up? I wanted to go but I had work. You're lucky I wasn't there as I've been practicing. :laugh:

Remilia Scarlet

Smash Cadet
When things started looking less than desirable, I proceeded to limit myself to only key and manhole. It was super effective.

Then I gave brawl to ben so we'd have the same number of first place victories because I'm so nice.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Especially when you get stranded and broke, right? ;D
xD It was the reason I got to come to Ottawa! So YES! <3 PND Mike

NIKO! Whats going on bro?
Just chillin out in St.Catharines, looking for work so I can frequent Ottawa, literally.

hahaha owwwwned

<3 niko
<3 infzy GO ON MSN MOAR

True, we all need out of the hole from time to time.

Looks like most of Ottawa has a crush on Niko, hahaha.
I think it's the opposite, I have a crush on the majority of Ottawa <3

Definitely. We all want to break his ketchup packet :D
LMFAO I can't believe I went that far with that joke!

Man, Alan's on a roll today, folks.
Just like his Lucario?! Zzzziiinngggg!

Niko has that Naruto power where he makes friends with everyone he meets. He's just that cool of a guy.

:
I never actually thought about that, but holy **** you are actually right! ....Except dark.pch, when I met him that was a whole world of awkward.

Did I hear this right, or are you guys considering going to the PGL tournament in Toronto. If you guys are seriously considering, I'll go instead of going to COT4.

Suo

Smash Apprentice
True facts
Yea I agree on all your criticisms Harold, I was actually considering starting a new entry, as I'm not really satisfied with the end drawing, the deadline is not until Feb.17th, if I'm remembering correctly.

http://www.pushingplay.com/contest/

There's the link for the contest! The prize is really sweet :)

I'm thinking for my entry V.2 Im gonna try something more humorous.

And yea totally enter! I'd love to see some art from you Harold!!

joblin

Smash Apprentice
I think it's the opposite, I have a crush on the majority of Ottawa <3
Touché my friend.

http://www.pushingplay.com/contest/

There's the link for the contest! The prize is really sweet :)

I'm thinking for my entry V.2 Im gonna try something more humorous.

And yea totally enter! I'd love to see some art from you Harold!!
If I have time myself, and an idea, I might enter as well.

What's the Ottawa tourney called and when is it? I think Ben was organizing it or something?

SoLn

Smash Apprentice
I was considering going to that tourney at Carleton but I got up at 2:30 that day. Congrats on winning Ben.

joblin

Smash Apprentice

Fogel

Smash Lord

jan

Smash Cadet
Joblin: Pretty sweet, dude. The only thing I'd consider changing is drawing the fireball by hand. The gradient doesn't really go with the style you're using. And if it's possible / doesn't look like crap, try moving his hands to the right a bit. Since he's looking left, it might give it a bit more flow, and it won't cover up his body as much.

joblin

Smash Apprentice
Joblin: Pretty sweet, dude. The only thing I'd consider changing is drawing the fireball by hand. The gradient doesn't really go with the style you're using. And if it's possible / doesn't look like crap, try moving his hands to the right a bit. Since he's looking left, it might give it a bit more flow, and it won't cover up his body as much.
Fireball by hand + laziness = murder. Maybe if I have some time and a bit of inspiration I'll go back to it. The angle of the arms are a bit off but it was the only thing I can do that looked decent. I tried to move the arms a bit but it looked a bit weirder because of the angle of the camera. It's not perfect but I only worked on it for a few hours.

Also I did this piece.

IvanEva

Smash Ace
Whoa, Jobin! Nicely done. I actually don't think I can beat you on this one, especially since I have a new distraction for this week: CASTLEVANIA JUDGEMENT! And guess what, it really doesn't suck. I bought it totally under the impression that it was crap (but I just finished a Castlevania marathon so I had to get it regardless). It's very fun and simple in a Smash Bros. kind of way. It's not quite as deep as it boils down to projectile spamming or blocking and counterattacking but it's very "cool". If you like playing as Lucas you'll love this game. Being a huge Castlevania nerd also helps. Jan: It's also TONS better than Dream Mix TV (albeit with a less cooler Simon). If anybody cares to try it out for themselves, pop on in tomorrow whenever (call first to see if I'm there).

joblin

Smash Apprentice
Thank you all for your kind words on my art. I really did enjoy doing the dopy looking Ryu.

As for Dream Mix TV, that game is really weird and if it weren't for Bomberman, the game would be balls on a stick. P.S. Simon is actually ghey.

Top Bottom