• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Ontario Canada HD Remix

joblin

Smash Apprentice
Harold is taking a month break away from it all, including internet, at a friend's/co-worker's apartment to work on an independent project and only focus on that and finding a job.

I wouldn't hold my breath with Magmic. Again I really wish I could have contributed. I'll try to make the next competition.

Grats on the new job Ben, swipe me some wine on your first day of work!

buenob

Smash Lord
for all you aspiring artists (and I know there's a lot)

http://vimeo.com/3062146

650% speed of the behemoth guys drawing the sprites//animating them for Castle Crashers.. I've only watched the ice king one, but it looks like he uses a lot of random tricks to get the job done really fast... like, the entire ice king in 1h45... crazy

joblin

Smash Apprentice
That was nuts. I wish I had more formal training in flash drawing. It takes me something like 2 hrs to do a still drawing :( Buying a tablet would probably be the first step. Awesome find Ben!

Suo

Smash Apprentice
Congrats on the job Ben! Also, awesome video of the animation, you can tell that guy is SO good at what he does, it looks like mostly improvisation on his part.

Haroldo, you prolly won't see this, but I'll try to E-mail you, you better walk down the street this month and play some SF4 with me, or vice versa!

Lastly, holy ****ing hell RE5 is amazing. Now bear in mind that RE4 is one of my fav games of all time, and that RE5 is more like RE 4.5...But wow, this game is going to be incredible.

RE5 online co-op is...Bliss, like SO MUCH FUN, I can't even explain it in words. In fact Cam, if you have any interest download the demo and we can try out some co-op!!

Capcom is owning my wallet for the next 1.5 months, like wow!

joblin

Smash Apprentice
Lastly, holy ****ing hell RE5 is amazing. Now bear in mind that RE4 is one of my fav games of all time, and that RE5 is more like RE 4.5...But wow, this game is going to be incredible.

RE5 online co-op is...Bliss, like SO MUCH FUN, I can't even explain it in words. In fact Cam, if you have any interest download the demo and we can try out some co-op!!

Capcom is owning my wallet for the next 1.5 months, like wow!
I just played the Demo and I'm impressed as well and I'm not a RE fan by any standard but being 1. The oh so optimistic person I am and 2. a game developer, I tend to see things that just piss me off in games even when they don't ruin the game. I have a few I have written down for your pleasure in reading.

WTFs
Bodies just 'faint' after getting hit by an explosion, even if it's right beside them.
Sheva's the flash! Doesn't like laser pointers.
Doors shatter and crumble under my knife!
Would love a quick melee button.
Corn stocks are solid static objects?! WTF!
Chris has a Sheva boob locator.
Sheva is a total hick that yells what's on her mind. Shut yo mouth *****!
Sheva can't take a chainsaw to the face? WTF! Noob!
I would love a crouch or cover. Snipers don't snipe in the open, standing up.

Other than that the game does have my props. Looks amazing, controls are still a tad ghey but much improved.

YAYs
Love the explosions! Well done!
Love the way he runs up stairs (I know I'm weird to notice these things)
Cutscenes are awesome, love the camera angles.
There's more but I'm in a negative, got to find problems mood.

Hope this "brightens" people's day.

buenob

Smash Lord
just want to say that I'm confirmed for tomorrow night, though I'll probably show up around 8pm, and I'll need a ride home (else i'll cab/walk it)

also, I'd like to put out a suggestion that on one tv we can do 1v1 Bo5's... I know this is a lot, but I haven't played much and I need to practice endurance play for the upcoming tournament... I need to beat holy, since I think we're about even, and he's now considered one of the top5 rob players period.. of course winner stays, so I'll get to the back of the line if you can beat me ;)

no alternate games for ben this week, 'cause I am scheduled to work during the next bi-weekly... my bi-weekly beer money is no more :( lol

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah, I don't think I'll be able to make it tomorrow as I'll probably only be getting a vehicle for 2 or 3 of the weeks at a time. Planning on making it to the bi-weekly next week though. Oh, and I'm assuming that since OBscene is on a Saturday that there wouldn't be a bi-weekly the night before, right? Due to, I dunno, setup stuff or something?

buenob

Smash Lord
setting up for obscene has to be done the day of, so bi-weekly as usual would serve as good last-minute practice... + at the end of the night we can load up TV's into a car of some sort lol

ps. i bought 5 more sd cards yesterday... 2gig sd card is 4.95 now... that brings MY total up to 10 at least, i think 12... I lent my copy of twilight princess to a friend, otherwise i'd offer to bring it tomorrow

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Ah, well I'll see what I can do, but I dunno if I can get the car out into Ottawa 2 days in a row, lol. Either way though, gotta practice against you guys at some point in preparation. :bee:

Linkshot

Smash Hero
I'll be up for taking you on, Ben! It's been long enough without real practice :D

EDIT: Importantly, I need to practice against Bryant and Riley.

P.S.: Riley, you are so **** fun to play against XD My entire game falls down to "Okay...THERE'S THE BANANA! GRAB IT! AHAHA BANANA!!!" I think I should try to work on Banana combos for Lucario~

buenob

Smash Lord
1) glidetoss
2) grab
3) pummel -> release
4) hit them away? (jab jab fwd-b?)
5) grab bananna -> repeat

lucario's pummel is pimp lol

Fogel

Smash Lord
just want to say that I'm confirmed for tomorrow night, though I'll probably show up around 8pm, and I'll need a ride home (else i'll cab/walk it)

also, I'd like to put out a suggestion that on one tv we can do 1v1 Bo5's... I know this is a lot, but I haven't played much and I need to practice endurance play for the upcoming tournament... I need to beat holy, since I think we're about even, and he's now considered one of the top5 rob players period.. of course winner stays, so I'll get to the back of the line if you can beat me ;)

no alternate games for ben this week, 'cause I am scheduled to work during the next bi-weekly... my bi-weekly beer money is no more :( lol
We can have that TV set up...I know I want to play more 1v1s this time. I need to work on Falco a bit more.

Yeah, I don't think I'll be able to make it tomorrow as I'll probably only be getting a vehicle for 2 or 3 of the weeks at a time. Planning on making it to the bi-weekly next week though. Oh, and I'm assuming that since OBscene is on a Saturday that there wouldn't be a bi-weekly the night before, right? Due to, I dunno, setup stuff or something?
setting up for obscene has to be done the day of, so bi-weekly as usual would serve as good last-minute practice... + at the end of the night we can load up TV's into a car of some sort lol

ps. i bought 5 more sd cards yesterday... 2gig sd card is 4.95 now... that brings MY total up to 10 at least, i think 12... I lent my copy of twilight princess to a friend, otherwise i'd offer to bring it tomorrow
Actually, I don't think there will be a Biweekly the Friday before. Reason being, I will need to go to my parents' place to get the car before the tourney (so that I can take TVs and possibly people that I'm housing). They live in Ottawa South, which is a 1.5 hour bus ride from work, plus I have to drive back home after that. Long story short, I probably won't be home until 7 or 8 pm at the earliest, so I don't think it's worth the trouble of having a biweekly.

We could get together on another weeknight to play, but I already know that I will be busy on Wednesday and Thursday nights that week. I could do Monday or Tuesday at my place, but it wouldn't be a full Biweekly because I'd want to get to sleep around 10:30 or so because of work.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Ben, Lucario can't do anything out of grab release. Also JabJabForcePalm has been proven to be escapable by everybody. I can probably pummelpummelpummel fThrow, pick up Banana, spam Aura Sphere.

joblin

Smash Apprentice
We should also have a TV with primarily Doubles matches to help out Ottawa Teams.

Ariel: are you going to be making it this Friday? I would like to get some team practice.

joblin

Smash Apprentice
All your practice is futile anyway. I got this.
To be completely honest, it is futile but my goal is to win a match and advance in the bracket, unlike my Vwins pummeling I got in ToS5. We almost won against ThatGuy (I think it was him...).

PND

Smash Champion
Can I give you a tip? Go for Knees, Falcon Punches, and Joel Combos :chuckle: It doesn't work in Ottawa because we (can I use we?) know how to combat it. But on the unsuspecting. . .:laugh:

joblin

Smash Apprentice
Nice upload Fogel. Your Falco is quite impressive if I do say so. For tonight, will it be alright if I make it a tad bit earlier, like quarter to five? My ride is time limiting.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Does anyone need a ride to smashfest?

I'd need to know soon, cuz I might not come home after I leave home at like 4:15ish.

You could just call my cell, I guess..... PM me for it I guess... but then you might as well just post lol.

Fogel

Smash Lord
Nice upload Fogel. Your Falco is quite impressive if I do say so. For tonight, will it be alright if I make it a tad bit earlier, like quarter to five? My ride is time limiting.
Thanks for the compliments! I'm trying to follow some advice Randy gave me earlier, and Falco's one of the characters I started using. I was doing decently with him in friendlies, so I thought I'd try it out.

As for getting here early, it might be too late now, but I'm home now so you can stop by anytime.

Suo

Smash Apprentice
Guuuys, this is the 'Zangief Flow Chart' I was talking about a while ago, **** is too funny.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=345660

SF4 drops in 10 days GEEET HYPE!!

I know I've been absent lately, but my audition for theatre school is one month away, so I am going into hyper-study-memorize-my-monologues-combo mode.

P.S. Joblin you have some valid points about RE5, have you tried the online coop though? if you play with someone good, it can be amazing, like comboing melee moves together....****!

joblin

Smash Apprentice
P.S. Joblin you have some valid points about RE5, have you tried the online coop though? if you play with someone good, it can be amazing, like comboing melee moves together....****!
No I have not. If you get a good online partner it almost always makes a game more enjoyable.

Ariel: Where the **** were you this friday? How are we supposed to team (and win) if we don't play together? Noob!

Suo

Smash Apprentice
Yea for sure, I just find in RE5 the difference is way more drastic. The feel of the game completely changes, as two competent players can actually interact and help each other out in so many ways.

Whether it's meleeing an enemy towards the other player, who then melee's them again, or rescuing your partner from the clutches of the enemy, or saving them from a dying state. You're just so reliant on your partner in an awesome way.

I think RE5 could be the best coop game to come out in a looong while

./rant over

joblin

Smash Apprentice
I know what you mean. Playing through Gears of War 2 cooperatively makes it that much more and makes for more interesting plans of attack, defense and ambush. Plus you can't beat 5 player horde mode.

Fogel

Smash Lord
I got the RE5 demo and played through both of the single player maps, was pretty fun. I'm bad at it though (never played through RE4), I think the CPU partner was more useful than I was :(

Suo

Smash Apprentice
I got the RE5 demo and played through both of the single player maps, was pretty fun. I'm bad at it though (never played through RE4), I think the CPU partner was more useful than I was :(
Yes Cam! We should play some online, I can show you the ropes.

It's mostly about shooting enemies in the head/arm/leg, which stuns them, then running up and meleeing them, which clears crowds, does massive damage, and you're invincible during the animation.

What's your PSN-ID Cam?

mine is JMSuper Imma go play some RE5, add me if you want too!!! :D

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
Ariel: Where the **** were you this friday? How are we supposed to team (and win) if we don't play together? Noob!
I didn't feel like walking/cabbing so I was just like w/e and slept. I'll be at the biweekly though. Come out and let's enter doubles!

Top Bottom