• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Ontario Canada HD Remix

Linkshot

Smash Hero
IMPORTANT NOTICE

Sakurai Golf: Linkshot Tour is set up. 18 holes of brokenness!

NO JOHNS IF YOUR CHARACTER SUCKS IN THIS. IT IS DESIGNED SO EACH CHARACTER CAN GET AT LEAST PAR.

The Rules

Recommended for teams, although Single Player is allowed. One member of the team has to use default controls, though.

Strokes

Every attack made counts as one stroke, even if you miss. The obvious exception is movement, but if your movement hits the ball, no johns. Multihits, multiattack, and full jabs count as one stroke. Multihit examples: Luigi Dash. Snake nAir. Yoshi dAir. Multiattack examples: Snake fTilt, Link fSmash, Marth Dancing Blade. Jab examples: Ike (hit-hit-finisher), Pikachu (endless multiattack), Falcon (hit-hit-hit-endless multiattack). If you fail to link the jab hits together, it only costs 1 stroke the first time only. Afterwards, you should have learned from your mistake. It will cost 1 for the mistake and then 1 more for the jab afterward.

Once you are 5 strokes over par, the course is considered finished, regardless of whether the ball went in.

Hazards are when the ball disappears. Place a new ball either from where you last hit (if it fell off or got stuck), or next to where it disappeared (closest horizontally, then lowest. I WILL BE MODERATING THIS. These are general guidelines.).

Hitting

There is a designated tee on each stage. First, decide who hits the ball off the tee. Then, spawn the ball on the tee. Lastly, position both players to either viewing efficiency or one-timing efficiency. You do not have to stick with one person hitting and the other one-timing. One-timing involves using your own body as a bumper, not attacking.

You must wait for the ball to stop falling, bouncing, and rolling to use another stroke. Failure to comply will penalize you one extra stroke. You may hit the ball while it is on a moving platform.

The hole is always marked by a ladder in a sink or bottomless pit.

Ariel, want (me/you) to come over so you can review them? The first nine have been successfully tested with Falcon, Mario, and Luigi. All 3 can get at least Par on every course.

joblin

Smash Apprentice
Creative I guess, but like Golf it seems quite boring and slow to play. Seems too complicating for just some fun. At least soccer or my basketball is quicker and not turned based. Oh and Ariel, my soccer stadiums are top tier comparing to yours, I don't expect you to beat them but do expect you to cry.

P.S. DSRL!

tect

Smash Journeyman
whoa... this thread is big
when did this happen?!
p.s. cameron, sorry for not making it that time. duty called. but duty came back in the form of good exam marks

tect

Smash Journeyman
i would come more often/evar but i don't even live in ottawa any more.
but i'm slowly starting a k-town crew ^__^

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah, I kinda can understand where you're coming from. Heading up from Kemptville isn't really easy to get the car for sometimes, but hey, it's always been worth it when I've been able to.

Fogel

Smash Lord
Sirlin put up the last of the Brawl tutorial vids:

http://www.sirlin.net/blog/2008/11/9/smash-bros-brawl-tutorial-videos.html

It's from EVO 2008, Ken vs. a ROB player named CPU (as opposed to a Level 9 CPU :p). It's got items etc, was interesting to watch. Most of the commentary is stuff we would have picked up on though.

Still, I had never seen that match before, and it was a good watch :) We need to try some more all-brawl sometime.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Uh, and yeah,from what I understand, I'd need a ride there from Carleton too since I'll be with them, so uh....anyone got room for that or willing to do 2 trips? Thanks in advance if anyone is.

KnucklesTheEchidna

Smash Apprentice
PNDMike here:

Anyone who is interested in the UFC / grabbing a farewell drink with me should come to Pub 101 tonight. :) We'll be there around 9:30-10:00ish. I'm leaving on the train at noon tomorrow, so if anyone wants to run beside it screaming "PND don't go!" that's also welcome. :chuckle:

buenob

Smash Lord
We won out of the ottawa teams... we got a very interested head of game company X's card (matt has the card now) and we will definitely be pursuing this to retail, though it would be awesome to be officially picked up :)

harold and andrew were artistic pimps, kudo's all around for that... lots of comments about the artwork :) even if no one said it specifically, your macaroni grab animation is epic harold :p unfortunately because of my trip to toronto I wasn't able to learn the xna as well as I wanted to, but Pat (out of town good friend) was a pimp, slept a total of like 2 hours, and was the coding machine

I composed a 4:20 classical piece which got gimped in the programming and never got shown lol, and I guess I put myself into an 'overseer' role after I found out I couldn't actually program, which worked really with with matt and pat thankfully, and all in all we definitely worked extremely well as a team

and

IT WAS TONNES OF FUN!!! epic lolz for 48 hours straight, and the guys we met there were all hilarious.. and I slept for 13 hours straight once I got home :D

----
phil giroux of Magmic... that's the guy who's card we have :) (matt just woke up)

joblin

Smash Apprentice
Sounds fun and really wish I could have contributed. So jealous. Why did it have to be that weekend!

Ah magmic, I had an interview with them but then they started laying people off and didn't get the job. Stupid economy!

Suo

Smash Apprentice
RE5 demo is out for Xbox360 and PS3.

Control-haters be ****ed, this demo is awesome, it's like RE4 but slightly tweaked and shinier, which is fine by me.

congrats to the game design team! you rock guys!! Sounds like you did really well.:)

IvanEva

Smash Ace
It was totally worth it! Afterwards, walking back home from Carleton U. (hurray for it being mostly downhill) I figured that being malnurished and very sleepy that I would drop down onto my bed and instantly sleep. A few hours later I unlocked a bunch of new accessories in Castlevania Judgement. :) That game rocks!

As for the Magmic guy, he crushed my hopes and dreams when he agreed with me when I told him that I would have liked more time to make the sprites better. What I wanted to hear was "No, no, they're pretty good as is. By the way, we could use an artist like you..." What I got was "Yeah, you're right, these sprites suck balls."

Lastly, Jan/Jobin: Take a guess at who was representing Fuel. :p

Fogel

Smash Lord
Sounds like it was pretty much a 48-hour marathon? I'm surprised that people can still code well with 2 days straight of little/no sleep...

buenob

Smash Lord
lol well, matt pat and I are kinda used to it, since our last major contract (before we kinda stopped doing it) used to call us up and say "so we know you said you weren't going to be responsible for x, but if we gave you money, can you get it up and running in like... 12 hours?"

answer == yes :) ... always

I'm surprised andrew/harold could keep being creative after that long... programming is easy

IvanEva

Smash Ace
By the way guys, I won't be checking/responding to the boards at all during February so... yeah. I'll, of course, be showing up to OBscene (and I'll do what I can to help while there) but otherwise I'm very much disappearing from Smash for the month. I still have to finish my new first post picture but otherwise I won't be here for a bit.

Suo: Remember Dan? On the 21st (Feb) he's hosting a Street Fighter IV party to which you're welcome to come. I recommend it since it'd be the only time you'll ever face a great player (me). :p Talk/post to Jan for more info.

See you guys around! If anyone wants to contact me, use e-mail.

Fogel

Smash Lord
By the way guys, I won't be checking/responding to the boards at all during February so... yeah. I'll, of course, be showing up to OBscene (and I'll do what I can to help while there) but otherwise I'm very much disappearing from Smash for the month. I still have to finish my new first post picture but otherwise I won't be here for a bit.

Suo: Remember Dan? On the 21st (Feb) he's hosting a Street Fighter IV party to which you're welcome to come. I recommend it since it'd be the only time you'll ever face a great player (me). :p Talk/post to Jan for more info.

See you guys around! If anyone wants to contact me, use e-mail.
Why won't you be around for this month?

buenob

Smash Lord
more than likely he'll be trying to find a job (guessing, though hopefully that won't take too long ... gooo magmic!)

anyways, back to smash, I too will sparsely be attending... i'm starting to work at the wine rack tomorrow, and it's shift work and I have no idea what my schedule will be like... i'll be booking off the obscene tourney of course, and also the montreal tourney (do I have a confirmed ride yet?) , but I won't tell them I can't work friday nights due to a smash bi-weekly lol

when I can make it, i'll make it for sure!

Fogel

Smash Lord
more than likely he'll be trying to find a job (guessing, though hopefully that won't take too long ... gooo magmic!)

anyways, back to smash, I too will sparsely be attending... i'm starting to work at the wine rack tomorrow, and it's shift work and I have no idea what my schedule will be like... i'll be booking off the obscene tourney of course, and also the montreal tourney (do I have a confirmed ride yet?) , but I won't tell them I can't work friday nights due to a smash bi-weekly lol

when I can make it, i'll make it for sure!
Congrats on the new job! As for FFYF2, I'm not confirming anybody for a ride yet, I would like to see if anyone else is going to be able to drive first. There are 6 or 7 people who want to go, and ideally we would have enough transportation so that everyone who wants to go, can. If it ends up that I'm the only one who can give people a lift, then we'll have to work something out.

Top Bottom