• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Ontario Canada HD Remix

joblin

Smash Apprentice
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=1kZo3tgzUfw

New story trailer for SFIV, gives you a taste of each english voice actor.
Not bad. I'm not fond of Blanka's voice but other than that it's looking better and better. The trailer is hyping it really well... for a non fighter game. The story telling sounds emursive. Watching it and thinking of playing a fighter doesn't mix in my mind.

Fogel

Smash Lord
EDIT: @Cam:Hey Cam, is it ok if I brought a friend? No messes, I promise!
My cousin's going to bring a friend, too... This could get lulzy.
Can I comez on Friday? (I don't know if I signed up yet. . . )
Checking the first post, it looks like it's ok for everyone to come at this time.

However, if non-biweekly weeks start to get past 16 people, I may have to start registrations for those as well.

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
Checking the first post, it looks like it's ok for everyone to come at this time.

However, if non-biweekly weeks start to get past 16 people, I may have to start registrations for those as well.
PNDMike is leaving, and I won't be regularly bringing friends anyways so the influx might just be for this time only. Thanks for the ok, but it's not 100% certain that my friend will even be able to come though.

buenob

Smash Lord
ok contact issues have been worked out with south-minster... they kept forgetting the second underscore in my email :(

so do we do it before or after the FFYF tourney in montreal?? if before, we need to decide when asap

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone have a copy og LoZ:TP I could borrow? I hear it's a really fun game. I hear that it's so fun in fact, that it has the ability to make other games funner by allowing you to save replays no matter how long the actual match was, or allowing you to have no restrictions on custom builders.

infomon

Smash Scientist
I vote late feb/early march.
Seconded.

Oh man oh man I hope I can go!!!!

Does anyone have a copy og LoZ:TP I could borrow? I hear it's a really fun game. I hear that it's so fun in fact, that it has the ability to make other games funner by allowing you to save replays no matter how long the actual match was, or allowing you to have no restrictions on custom builders.
Seconded.

IvanEva

Smash Ace
1. New story trailer for SFIV, gives you a taste of each english voice actor.

2. They also included a feature where you can choose whether you want each individual character to have english or japanese voices, very cool. Like you can have Guile with his english VA, and Ryu in Japanese, etc.
1. Haha, the only fighting game which has done a decent job of trying to tell a story has been Mortal Kombat vs. DCU. Say what you will about the game but its story mode actually tells a story. Street Fighter has always been best when it provides motivation and personalities but not necessarily a full blown story (especially anything involving Akuma).

2. YES! This gets my super high approval! Although, I'd actually prefer a Soul Blade approach where everybody speaks in their own language (if I recall correctly).

EDIT: Having just watched that video I can now safely say that I'll be turning all of the voices to Japanese. Yes, even Guile, Dhalsim, etc.'s. At least that way I can pretend that they're saying cool things and not all that trash that they were saying in the videos. I mean, seriously, what's up with Ryu and Akuma? Since when is Ryu Gokuu or something. He's a homeless bum to goes around picking fights to prove himself, nothing more. At least the Mortal Kombat vs. DCU guys' conversations always get straight to the point.

Just imagine SF vs. MK:

Ryu: "Scorpion, why do you fight? Is it to impr-"
Scorpion: "Shut the **** up and FIGHT!"
*Scorpion kills Ryu*

Abel: "Hey, aren't you the famous Sub-Ze-"
Sub-Zero: "THE RAAAAAGE!
*Sub-Zero kills Abel*

Does anyone have a copy og LoZ:TP I could borrow?
You/we had Jobin's copy for weeks and you didn't touch it. You had your chance.

EDIT: Ben, it doesn't matter to me when the tournament takes place.

EDIT 2: Pop quiz: who would win in a fight, Viewtiful Joe or Superman? Answer: Superman, because all of his glitches work in his favor.

joblin

Smash Apprentice
Pop quiz: who would win in a fight, Viewtiful Joe or Superman? Answer: Superman, because all of his glitches work in his favor.
Doesn't matter, Viewtiful Joe will just stop time as it is and give Superman a zoomed in wet willy rendering him completely perplexed and useless. Then Viewtiful Joe can glitch all he wants.

I do want to play this game now! I've always wanted Viewtiful Joe in SSB. This is coming for the Wii in 2009? Is it on any other console right now for the America's? I know nothing of this franchise.

Fogel

Smash Lord
Fun times tonight, who would have thought we'd have a girl at a smashfest for two weeks in a row?

@Apples to Apples players: We played this again last night, and the random pile beat everyone this time. I think it had 8 or 9 points, while the closest person had only 6 or 7. Random is too good :(

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Ah, sorry about not making it out last night guys. I would've but, well, I have to call "van is a useless piece of crap that's falling apart and still has a broken signal" johns.

Fogel

Smash Lord
OK guys, FFYF2 is set for mid-March (weekend of the 21st) and it's looking like a 2-day tourney! We need to get organized. I should be able to use my parents' car to go there, and we have housing with Joel (of Joel Combo fame) for at least the people who would be going with me. Joel will want a lift with us though, so I can only take 3 other people.

Let's start working things out! A few of you drive now, so hopefully we can get some other cars to travel to this. If anyone else can drive to this, please post and let us know how many you can take with you. Also, post in the FFYF2 thread (link in my sig) to ask for housing, as I'm not sure if Joel could house more than one car's worth. Consequently, post if you want to go and would need a lift.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
I has insufficient funds. But if I can get some, I totally want to get out of this ****hole go to the tourney. I need to see how I rank up against other regions. I'll talk to my parents about it sometime.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
And FFYF2 sounds sweet, but can't help but think of the ***-kickings of epic proportions I'd get if I even thought about it. :laugh:

We'll see how I'm doing at the bi-weeklies and stuff by then, and if it's even feasible, but I'll probably start with that bigger Ottawa one that's getting setup.

Fogel

Smash Lord
And FFYF2 sounds sweet, but can't help but think of the ***-kickings of epic proportions I'd get if I even thought about it. :laugh:

We'll see how I'm doing at the bi-weeklies and stuff by then, and if it's even feasible, but I'll probably start with that bigger Ottawa one that's getting setup.
I understand your reluctance, but to be honest, one of the best ways to improve is to go to one of these tourneys and just play as many people as possible. There are a lot of characters that aren't played in Ottawa; it might be worth trying to find people who play as those characters just to get some more experience. People will also play familiar characters in unfamiliar ways. You'll also get to meet a lot of cool people :)

joblin

Smash Apprentice
Holy crap, was that.....Falcon Knee into...ANOTHER Falcon Knee? That was like...wow.
Haha, ya that was pretty cool, despite their ear bleeding reaction. Unfortunately this is only second rate to my Falcon Punch into a Falcon Punch. And because I said so it must be true. But seriously, I did get a Punch to a Punch but it wasn't lead up by that Grab, Nair, Nair so they win.

Ariel: That's old news. You fail.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah, you've got a point with the meeting new people thing and all that, Fogel. I'm certainly going to give it some thought to be honest, and if I'd be able to go, then well...ya never know. :)

Top Bottom