• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Ontario Canada HD Remix

IvanEva

Smash Ace
Oh yay, Bizarro Sonic in yet another totally ****ed up adventure...

Sonic should pull a Castlevania and stick with the 2D gameplay that works (not that any of the post-Sonic and Knuckles games have been all that great...).

Oh yes, good games and all that Alan/Moses/Randal. Is Alan now officially the best active Marth around!? Drama!

PND

Smash Champion
Sick. I'm going to go catch one, raise it, and love it. Then I'm going to force it to fight against its will. That will prove I'm the best!

Oh yes, good games and all that Alan/Moses/Randal. Is Alan now officially the best active Marth around!? Drama!
Huh? Fillmeinplz

Linkshot

Smash Hero
It's simple. Harold beat Moses in a Marth ditto. I beat Harold in a Marth ditto. Then Moses
lost to
me in a Marth ditto.

ALSO, PATRICK UPDATE!!

Be afraid. One of Patrick's friends wants to come to the SmashFest this week. Remember guys. Don't make fun unless you don't like them :D

Niko_K

Smash Master
Moses is ten times ahead of Alan. Moses has a good, very unique spacing game and has mindgames. No offense to Alan but I just don't believe he can even say he is on Moses' level.

Marth dittos are pointless as well, may as well roll dice to determine the winner.

joblin

Smash Apprentice
Since we're in the "(insert name) is the best (insert character)" mood, I'm the best Brawl Player there ever was! ;) No sense in even proving it because I said so, hence the "ever was" part.

P.S. I got struck by lightning and now I can't seem to win a match.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Aww crap, everyone really IS picking up Marth now, lol. I legitimately am starting to wonder if it's like "you're not officially an Ottawa-Smasher until you pick up Marth a bit". Gah, and I thought I was sneaky randomly picking him up, a couple of weeks ago, haha. Darn you, people, I don't get to be the best anything! :laugh:

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
You are the best at failed sneak attacks. Does that help =P?

Also, I can't play marth at all, so I'm left out.

joblin

Smash Apprentice
I'm not a Marth user and never really will be either. I'm in an exclusive non-marth, non-mk club. On my Wii, MK is the least played character to prove it.

Suo

Smash Apprentice
Did I ever tell you I was struck by lightning 7 times?

a cookie to whoever gets the reference :p

Harold, it's too early to start planning it yet, but we definitely have to have some sort of SF4 release get together like you were talking about!

S

SSB_Lime

Why hello everyone, I've heard this is the place to come to if you're an Ottawa smasher. As luck would have it I am! I'm not quite sure what else to put down but I'm looking for some people to play some smash with and there is no better place then here to start looking.

S

SSB_Lime

I did have a account prior to this one, but I don't remember the username or anything so I created this one. To answer the wtf question, I like to read all the interesting posts but don't have much competitive playing to have much input.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Well, we'll surely get you into all that. Competitive play is only serious is you make it. (I'm looking at somebody~) Money helps you do that, though.

By the way, is there any specific character you play, or do you just wing it?

Fogel

Smash Lord
If anyone is curious about the biweekly vids, I'm still working on them. There are 36 videos from last Friday, plus the 10 or so friendlies from last week which I uploaded on Saturday. At this point the biweekly videos are all on my computer, but some have to be edited a bit to take out bad frames/data (don't know the technical terms for this stuff, I'm new to video editing). Getting all of this stuff on YouTube is going to take a while.

I may do less videos and/or stop recording things for a while; it takes a lot of time to do these. I spent 4-5 hours Sunday and another 4 hours today so far, and still have a bit of editing and a lot of uploading to do.

Out of curiousity, who actually watches the videos? I've noticed that a lot of the ones from last biweekly don't even have 10 views. I don't care about them being popular, but if no one is using them at all, then it's kind of a waste of time for me to work on videos that aren't ever watched.

Anyways, Lulz break!

While encoding, I was bored and reading TeamLiquid (competitive Starcraft site). Funny quote from an interview (http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=86325) there:

- Boxer do you believe Savior is walking the same path as you?
▲ Boxer: When I was around 20, I thought to myself 'If I keep gaming, I will earn nothing in return' so I tried forcing myself to do different things. I tried going out with girls and hanging around with Celebrities, but it was all forced within myself. When I look back it was such a stupid thing to do. Now days, I tell stories about my life to the new gen gamers and tell them it is a very stupid thing to do. When I was famous, it was extremely fun to play. However when you screw around like that, you fall behind from other players and feel more regret.'

^ Now that's dedication.

The interview itself is interesting though, it's nice to see the thoughts of an actual professional gamer on things.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I actually watch the vids, Fogel, for what it's worth. And I do a decent bit of video editing (well, okay, I use Adobe Premiere Pro and occasionally Windows Movie Maker when it's not constantly freezing), so if you wanted, you could send some to me, and I'd edit the quality a bit and put them up on my Youtube account to speed up the process.

Edit: Forgot to point out that my e-mail if you wanted to send them as attachments or something (or over some IM...thing using it) is the same as the one listed for MSN obviously, lol.

joblin

Smash Apprentice
Did I ever tell you I was struck by lightning 7 times?

a cookie to whoever gets the reference :p
The crazy old man in The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.

...Out of curiousity, who actually watches the videos? I've noticed that a lot of the ones from last biweekly don't even have 10 views. I don't care about them being popular, but if no one is using them at all, then it's kind of a waste of time for me to work on videos that aren't ever watched...
I do and I do enjoy watching them. Keep it up if you have spare time. No need in rushing them out.

buenob

Smash Lord
i definitely watch the vids... it's great to analyze my play after the fact... i definitely learn a lot

S

SSB_Lime

Well, we'll surely get you into all that. Competitive play is only serious is you make it. (I'm looking at somebody~) Money helps you do that, though.

By the way, is there any specific character you play, or do you just wing it?
I do main Marth, but like I said in a previous post, I play smash for fun and tend to play any and all characters. There is a sort of hierarchy in my "mains" I normally just take it how it goes. O and I still play Melee, not pro level mind you so if anyone wants to play some of that I'm up for it.

Top Bottom