• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Melee Thread - Updated Summer 2016 Power Rankings!

Charlesz

Smash Champion
6 people would break the all time attendance record of 4 people. lololol

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Can i come

Do we know if we're gonna have recording? Lol I'm in ottawa, I went to Rideau several times. Does anyone know any nice restaurants I can take my lady-friend to?

PND

Smash Champion
Kinki's Asian Cuisine. It's expensive but hella good. Or if Sushi isn't your thing, try Blue Cactus. It's got more of a southern / cajun vibe. Lux is supposed to be another good place. . . but I've never been there, myself. It comes highly recommended though.

For something a bit more affordable, Elgin Street Diner has world famous poutines -- and Zak's Diner is amazing for all day breakfast. It's the ultimate hangover cure. Finally, Springroll House Cafe. It's not downtown but a number 2 bus will pretty much take you to the door. Fantastic food there but it's a small place and they only accept cash. I'm sure most of the smashers I hang out will vouch for that place.

Charlesz

Smash Champion
Yo good games mike, your jigglepuff has gotten much better and I see you 2morrow @ fogel's house.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
lol yeaa for the first time

most definitely lol

yes we ll have recording, but it ll be terrible quality :(
as you can see from the VERY first post, theres a link to a youtube account which has all our videos, but the quality is VERY bad lol
restaurants? hmm theres a red lobsters around there i think...
definitely check out Rideau mall, lotsa good stuff down there and parliament hill
u might be familiar with bubble tea (since u lived in BC lololol) theres a store named bubblicity there which sells kick a$$ bubbletea hahaha
otherwise, welcome to Ottawa!
Thanks man. And lol @ bubbletea. You don't know bubbletea till you come to BC, seriously. My friends have tried to bring home some bbt here, but what I've tasted isn't so good. I saw bubblicity when I was walking around though, I'll check it out! And it's fine if we don't have amazing quality. Just fun times =)
Kinki's Asian Cuisine. It's expensive but hella good. Or if Sushi isn't your thing, try Blue Cactus. It's got more of a southern / cajun vibe. Lux is supposed to be another good place. . . but I've never been there, myself. It comes highly recommended though.

For something a bit more affordable, Elgin Street Diner has world famous poutines -- and Zak's Diner is amazing for all day breakfast. It's the ultimate hangover cure. Finally, Springroll House Cafe. It's not downtown but a number 2 bus will pretty much take you to the door. Fantastic food there but it's a small place and they only accept cash. I'm sure most of the smashers I hang out will vouch for that place.
Okay, cool. Thanks for the suggestions. I'm skeptical to try asian food here, but it could be fine. I have so much good sushi in BC, I think I'd want to try something else. Is there anywhere we can go that's semi-classy, but not like suit+tie? Like... something where I can were dark jeans and dress shirt (tie?)? I have dress shoes too. =D?

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Yes, sure!

I normally take moneymatches from anyone, even if I lose. The added pressure is fun =).

Cman, I have your address, but do you have a cell phone number where I can text you? I am taking a single bus from Lees Avenue over to where your place is, but just in case, I'd like some way to contact you. I am leaving tomorrow at around 9am, so I'd be there at the earliest by 9:45am. Does that sound okay?

Charlesz

Smash Champion
Yes, sure!

I normally take moneymatches from anyone, even if I lose. The added pressure is fun =).

Cman, I have your address, but do you have a cell phone number where I can text you? I am taking a single bus from Lees Avenue over to where your place is, but just in case, I'd like some way to contact you. I am leaving tomorrow at around 9am, so I'd be there at the earliest by 9:45am. Does that sound okay?
Yeah sure.

Get@Will

Smash Champion
Sup Ottawa?

Lookin' forward to your guy' videos.

You guys should do Falcon Challenge against Diakonos lmao.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
GGs to everybody that was there today! That was a great set Diakonos, I hope that we can play again in the future.

On a side note, I was wondering if anybody was planning on hosting smashfests that would be closer to people like chlor0form and Linkshot. Cman's is only once every 2 weeks and I'd be willing to play more often.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
I believe it was FD first vs Marth, then PS vs Marth, YS vs Sheik, and YS vs Fox.

Lol don't say that, I don't want people thinking I lost $50.

PND

Smash Champion
Either or. Or even PNDMike.

Shoutouts:

IT'S A FRAPPE!

OUR TASTE BUDS CAN'T HANDLE FLAVOUR OF THAT MAGNITUDE.

You guys are all awesome. I can't wait to play you guys more.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
Al makes a new account, so he wouldn't be called BC GayL, and Wak immediately finds a way to make fun of his new name. lol

Top Bottom