• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Melee Thread - Updated Summer 2016 Power Rankings!

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
early say what?
Cman is hosting from about 12:00 pm to I don't know when on the same day as Fogel's smashfest. I refer to it as an early smashfest simply because it's earlier than normal for a Friday. I won't be going to Cman's as I am unable to. I'll still be at Fogel's.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
I LOL'd.
We have CIBCs. All we have for recording is a camera. SOMEBODY IN OTTAWA GET A CAPTURE CARD.

Our Melee community right now is pretty tiny, so we just play friendlies. You can pretty much guarantee that Charlesz (AKA Cman), BC AL, and myself will be there. There are a few other players but whether they would come or not, I have no idea. I hope the numbers don't disappoint you too much. :ohwell:
No worries at all! Capture card would be nice, but they aren't too cheap, are they? Not sure.

=] Charleszszzzs do you want to PM me your address? And like... what time I would want to get there? Lady starts work at probably 9ish... but that's early. Or maybe 4-9? I'm not sure.

Charlesz

Smash Champion
Yo I sent you a PM. Feel free to come early. Anytime after like 9:30 is cool.

Charlesz

Smash Champion
Friday was sick lol, I played mike for like 3 hours prepping for the league matches. Me and mike also teamed and won like 20 of the 21 matches we played.

PND

Smash Champion
Not yet, but I'm trying >_> :)

P.S. Randall loves me. Just a heads up - it's ridiculous, just ask Charlez

Charlesz

Smash Champion
yeaaa awesome!
yup plenty of banks LOL
lol go to the first post in this thread, and there should be a link to some of our matches, thats how crappy/good the quality is of the camera we use, but ya definitely we ll video tape

the turn up is quite low as of right now

me
Cman
BL!TZ
possibly PND
possibly Chlor0form
....ya :p

i guess we can make it a mini tournament just for the special occasion of you coming lol if thats alright with Cman

@ Cman - Nice, is PND at like our level of skill? :p if we have any

****, yeah PND mike is at our level. You better watch up al, u-air to rest.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
What's a puff?

Alrighty, no problem. =] See you guys next week! I smashed with a few friends a couple of days ago, maybe matches will be up!

Get@Will

Smash Champion
lol was it with the BC crew? i <3 the BC people, specially Get@Will and Sion
BC AL <3. Is less than three.

Manuel is not not looking forward to play with you anymore.

Just kidding. He's a nice and handsome guy.

Happy Chinese New Year, to all my asian brethren.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Ohh that would be sweet. I'm not sure how much they are-- you can check the videography section of the forums, I'm sure they're really helpful.

I'm at the airport guys! Watch out, eastcoast ;)

=]

PND

Smash Champion
No video equipment. I can't even use my laptop because the charger jack broke and I can't charge it anymore :(

Get@Will

Smash Champion

PND

Smash Champion
Any chance that SecretOfMana will show up to a fest before the league ends? I'm currently leading the league with one more set to go, I just want to make this official :bee:

EDIT: Now that Melee is seeing a bit of a revival in Ottawa, what do you guys think about making a PR?:confused:

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Yeah, I would think it's better to catalyze your community to at least 20 people. It's not that hard, really. Just make sure there are regular smashfests/tournaments, and invite your friends to play smash with you. Show them a really cool combo vid, and what smash is about! There are plenty of people who used to play this game and thought they were the bomb, but upon watching bombsoldier were like =O.

Just my opinion though!

PND

Smash Champion
11 people signed up for the Melee league this season. If we don't count SecretOfMana, who didn't play any matches, that's 10 people :p Plus Ben (Buenob) and Ariel (Zylem/CHAOSvsORDER) are talking about getting into Melee too. And I'm trying to convince my crew to make the jump, but that probably won't happen.

I dunno, just a thought.

In no particular order there seems to be:
BL!TZ
BC AL
SAUS
Fogel (Quitting though)
CMan
Chlor0form
PND
HiDef
Matt07
Linkshot
Arsenic
SecretOfMana (?)
Buenob (?)
Zylem (?)

PND

Smash Champion
I liek to pick metaknight, mash B and win.
Fix'd?

Anyone up for any smashing before the 20th? I'd be down whenever.

EDIT: I'm probably gonna try and steal/borrow my brother's cube. He's got my wii so it's more than a fair trade. If I get permission / don't get caught I'll probably be able to start bringing a setup soon.

Charlesz

Smash Champion
LOL. Yo mike I'll be up for smashing on thursday from like 3:15 to 6:30pm. Tell me if you are up.

Charlesz

Smash Champion
Sweet , be there at like 3:20 instead. I should be guaranteed home by then.

Top Bottom