• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Melee Thread - Updated Summer 2016 Power Rankings!

Charlesz

Smash Champion
Yo no smashfest this saturday, but there will be a smashfest this friday all day because of PD DAY.

PND

Smash Champion
I have a bus pass now, so if I'll probably show up. Depends on a few things but it's looking likely,

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Well, I'm not guaranteed to come yet guys, I haven't talked about it with my host. I'm there for like 2 weeks though, I'm sure some smash can be had in that time. Apparently the place I'm staying isn't too far from Ottawa U. Somewhere on Lees avenue?

IvanEva

Smash Ace
You know your sleeping habits are bad when...

1 stop away from me (Hurdman)
Alan, please tell me that that 5AM post time is incorrect. Please.

Otherwise, I can completely understand why you feel that 8am is a ridiculous time to be up at. I strongly recommend sleeping one hour earlier each week (to ease yourself into it) until you are at the normal 8am-11pm schedual. It will open up A LOT of job and school opportunities (of course, it will close overnight shifts - but you don't want those anyways).

On topic: A bit of Melee at Cam's during the Final Weeks? Can anybody hope to beat my Roy? Haha, of course I jest. The only person that beats Roy is himself! ... ... ... err...

Charlesz

Smash Champion
Yo Kids Tell Me Whos Coming To This Smashfest This Saturday. Thanks.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
I don't know if I would be able to make on Friday. Fogel is still hosting this Friday and I promised Ariel I would teach him SSB.

PND

Smash Champion
I hope to be able to go on the 20th, but I can't confirm anything yet.

So on Friday is the plan:

1. Early fest
2. Go to Cam's?

Because if so I'd be down for both.

Charlesz

Smash Champion
I hope to be able to go on the 20th, but I can't confirm anything yet.

So on Friday is the plan:

1. Early fest
2. Go to Cam's?

Because if so I'd be down for both.
yes sir, tell me when you can come, because you can come basically anytime .

chlor0form

Smash Journeyman
i'll try and make it for the 20th, but i don't think i'll be able to show up regularly anytime after, i may need convincing. for the time being, i'm just planning to show up for the remaining weeks at fogel's. and charlesz, how bout you stop being a **** and live a bit closer? thanks.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
TCHYES! lol the woman scheduled a work shift so she'll be at work while I'm at the smashfest =)

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Diakonos, do u mind having a 10$ MM, I know im going to lose, but I wana play u seriously XD
I probably could, sure! You guys have banks in EC, right? The canadian imperial bank of commerce? Is there any way we could get some recroding done? It would be a shame if I got to play with you guys and not have videos of my memories!

How many people normally go to the smashfest? And is it a minitournament ("biweekly") or is it just a bunch of FRIENDLY OTTAWA FOLK PLAYING DOCTOR MARIO

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
We have CIBCs. All we have for recording is a camera. SOMEBODY IN OTTAWA GET A CAPTURE CARD.

Our Melee community right now is pretty tiny, so we just play friendlies. You can pretty much guarantee that Charlesz (AKA Cman), BC AL, and myself will be there. There are a few other players but whether they would come or not, I have no idea. I hope the numbers don't disappoint you too much. :ohwell:

Top Bottom