• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Bi-weeklies, because illegal gambling is perfectly legal

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Enjoy your break, Cam. Thanks for being a good host and everything. Had a really good time last night, and was nice meeting guys like Wak, Karl, and Matt. Speaking of which, you've got a nice Mario by the way Matt, keep at it. Randy, that 100 Nugget challenge would be sick (in many many ways), Ganon Roulette is amazing in itself too.

Also, Infzy, thanks for taking the Saturn. Hope you enjoy it, and let me know if I accidentally forgot any cords with it or something so that I can get them to you as soon as I can.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Indeed. Thanks a ton, Cam.

I'll miss teaming with you. You're a pro for tanking Ottawa for so long.

Ganon Roulette was one of the most epic things I have ever seen. ESPECIALLY on Mike's Wii (with Mortal Kombat and the Psychadelic Destination)

Linkshot

Smash Hero
SEMI-IMPORTANT NOTICE

My activity might drop. The laser on my Wii gave out. More specifically, it's not powerful enough to read Brawl anymore.

Just letting you guys know in case you wonder why I stopped showing up (if I do..)

Somewhat related: bBrawl has spoiled me to the point I would rather not go back to vBrawl. The absence of tripping, inescapable infinites, etc has made me shudder at the thought of playing vBrawl. I might play it in tournaments until bBrawl takes over, but I would rather limit my friendlies to bBrawl.

Matt07

Smash Master
Hey, Cam thanks for hosting the bi-weeklies (even if I showed up to my very first one, it was hella awesome!)

Is bBrawl taking over Brawl in Ottawa?

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
@Alan- Someone else will just bring there wii instead.

@Matt- Friday wasn't a biweekly, and 8=DBrawl will most likely not take over.

EDIT: lol Matt, my name is Ariel. If you must call me something else, my tag of Zylem will be cool. If you really have to stick with a short version of CHAOSvsORDER, then CvO, but I'd rather not be Chaos =P

Matt07

Smash Master
Aah alright thanks Chaos. Just wondering cause I prefer Brawl over bBrawl, no offence to all those working on bBrawl it's a cool idea, but I'd rather stick with regular Brawl.

And lol alright Ariel =P.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Aah alright thanks Chaos. Just wondering cause I prefer Brawl over bBrawl, no offence to all those working on bBrawl it's a cool idea, but I'd rather stick with regular Brawl.
I was just doing a search for BBrawl to find discussion, and I just wanted to say thanks for this attitude. It's refreshing to see that someone on the Internet is capable of disagreeing without flaming.

buenob

Smash Lord
lol thinka -- I hope you don't think I'm a troll... I truly believe that you guys have a good idea, but until every MU is 50/50, I personally won't play it...

on topic!

registration for the first buenob bi-weekly!

rules are as follows --
neutrals: standard -5-
counterpicks: regular, ps2 is allowed, pictochat is allowed, norfair is not, pirate is not, mansion is not (onnet/distant planet are definitely not)

if you're unclear, please post, but I think that should be enough to be clear to everyone...

entry - 4 per team for doubles 3 per person for singles (so 5 bucks if you enter both) as usual...

ps. i have a cat on me :)

pps. willman still has my power cord, so for me to have 2 setups, I will need someone to bring a power-cord + brawl...

I NEED SETUPS PEOPLE!!! if anyone can bring a setup, please do! and let me know, you can bring it over any time before the bi-weekly, and leave it here as long as you want...

anyways... i'm done for now :)

Linkshot

Smash Hero
.......Sonic-heckling WORKS.

My Wii stepped it up. LAWL. I don't know how reliable it is, though, but I'll be bringing it. I'll see what I can do about the TV. If you can wait until around 6 or 7, I'll try to jack a ride from my dad so I can bring the TV.

There will never be all 50:50 matchups. Some playstyles beat others, and characters tend to revolve around certain playstyles. bBrawl's goal is to eliminate 70:30s, and once they're gone, it will be okay.

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
Lol, no. :D I'm still around. Something came up, so I wasn't able to attend the last smashfest. :( But I should be going next week, and I hope to see you there, since it seems you're back from your break.

Oh! This is pretty important! Ben would probably want to know about this the most, if there are still a lack of setups. I would know how to possibly get a 15-17 inch CRT TV for free. Only problem is that someone would have to come to orleans to get it... tonight.

I'm going to update the post with more info, but I feel this should be posted asap.

Added info: It's garbage day tomorrow, and while taking a walk with my family, I noticed that someone put out a TV. Obviously, this could mean it is broken, but I have reason to believe that it was replaced with a plasma wide screen or something, and was just thrown out.

It was not just put on a the ground, but it sits on a TV stand. The stand looks old and worn, which is what led me to believe it is being replaced. Also, besides some wear marks on the back, (some of the paint from the wall is scraped onto it, also leading me to believe it is just being replaced) I've looked it over, and can find no damage.

It would probably be out of the way, but I feel a possible extra TV should be reported. Garbage day is tomorrow, so it will have to be taken tonight. I can give directions to anyone who wants to pick it up. Is there any iterest?

Directions: It's on Jean d'ark, in-between the intersection with Champlain and the "Quick Convienice" Strip Mall or St Matthew High School. I know those are pretty local directions... XD but it's on the side of the road near some townhouses. You'll need to know that. I'll give more general directions too.

Getting off the Queensway at Place D'orleans, Turn left onto Champlain, then left on Jean D'ark. The TV is on the left side not too far from there.

IDK if anyone is interested, but I'm just putting this here and I'm going to log off soon. See you all later.

buenob

Smash Lord
wak - if you don't end up bringing a TV, you will probably be disar 5pmppointed with the amount of melee you will be able to play... there are only 3 confirmed setups, so we'll need them all for brawl...

you guys can show up any time after 5pm... things will get under way around 7 as usual :)

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
wak - if you don't end up bringing a TV, you will probably be disar 5pmppointed with the amount of melee you will be able to play... there are only 3 confirmed setups, so we'll need them all for brawl...

you guys can show up any time after 5pm... things will get under way around 7 as usual :)
:( Aw well okay then, I'll play brawl..

PND

Smash Champion
Speaking of Brawl, anyone who wants to add on custom textures and music to their Wii, here's a (huge, seriously, it's 1 gb) link of everything on my SD card. Just copy it to your SD card and read the README file.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GKDI5M8A

If there's any problems let me know -- just one little Glitch, the stage Mario Bros. doesn't work and will freeze your wii. Just a heads up.

Here's some sites with a ton of custom textures:
http://kittycorpgallery.wordpress.com/
http://stacksmash.cultnet.net/
http://dasdonkeyteam.blogspot.com/
http://elitesmashhackers.wordpress.com/

So poke around and see what you like.

Wak, I know your friends were asking me about how to do it -- basically, just send them that link.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Hey Mike, out of curiousity, do you think you could upload/send over some of those games we had from last Thursday or something? Just curious since I'd like a chance to re-evaluate them or something.

PND

Smash Champion
Uh, is your Wii online yet? lol, I can't send them over unless your wii is online. . .

Unless, of course, you have an SD card slot on your computer, in which case I could send the replay over, you load it on your SD card, and load them from the SD card to your wii.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Oh right, I keep forgetting there's no update for the Wifi connector that lets it be used on a 64 bit PC, and I don't think you have the means to upload the replays onto your pc and send them over in like .avi or something (because really it's just a matter of being able to re-watch them for study purposes anyway), which kind of sucks too. Hm, guess I'm stuck on that then. :ohwell:

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Edit: Right, I didn't think of it like that. Well, I have some SD cards that we use for the digital camera, so yeah, I can do things via SD card. Oh, and sorry to clutter up Bi-Weekly thread.

Matt07

Smash Master
Speaking of digital camera...I'll bring mine (I can record 80 minutes of videos, if the batteries last that long lmao.) for recording...

The problem is holding it still for the length of a match, or trying to hold up that long period. I'll see what I can do.

Unless someone can tell me where I can buy a TV recorder thingy in Ottawa, like a certain store?

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I'm not sure where you could buy a TC recorder per-say, but when I want to get some video online, I use something called ADS Tech DVD Xpress, CD Version 3.0. It lets you bring video that's on a VHS tape over onto your PC in the form of an .avi file. So you really just have to be able to record the stuff being shown on the TV (i.e. the Brawl games) onto a tape to get it going. Hope that helps a little bit.

buenob

Smash Lord
if I have time I will attempt to get mine up and running for tonight...

edit: lolz... just checked and my hard-drive is borked... i guess that's what happens after 8 years of not taking care of it properly... so I won't be able to capture the matches this week, but I'll have it up and running for next week...

on a side note: my boss scheduled me for friday until 7:30 like 3 weeks in a row at the end of the month, so I'll see what I can do... but those may have to start late...

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Semi-related question. I heard something about the M.O.T. being on strike, anybody know the situation surrounding that or if it's true?

And by the way Mike, if you're still going to send them over to me or whatnot, then you can just like....upload them and PM me the link or send the base file via e-mail or something and I can SD card it over.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Hey guys!

I'll be coming over tonight, bringing my Wii and a TV.

Notes about my Wii:

My Wii is quite crippled right now (the laser seems very weak..) and requires "special attention". To get it to load Brawl, I have to twist it back and forth twice. It jerks the laser into the right place, apparently.

Note 2:

Last night, I compiled a set of codes:

Infinite Replay + Tags + Save/Load
Unrestricted Pause/Replay Camera
File Replacement

These will run in vBrawl, so don't worry. I made sure that none of the character .PACs are being looked at by the Wii (I renamed their folder). The only in-game difference is music playing.
If you're worried, the Falcon Punch Mix is on Skyworld, so that will definitely not be playing XD

I have 70+ custom songs. I should compile a list to give everybody a heads-up of what's playing. Opening Notepad! o/

FULL LIST OF MUSIC CHANGEShttp://www.mediafire.com/?irjvmlznnum

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
No update on the tournament? =(

Me and jiggernault got owned in doubles, however after that I felt it would be a good moment to play melee, the singles would have ended my night a little bit too late for the time I had to wake up this morning (I'm up since 5 o clock).

Still, I can't wait to see the actual results.

buenob

Smash Lord
lol wak :) sorry man, I was freaking TIRED! playing bryant 10x was exhausting

doubles results:
1) Blue Puffballs (HiDef [kirby] + Linkshot [lucario])
2) SAUSenic (SAUS [Ike] + Arsenic [Captain Awesome, D3, Peach]
3) KingHoly! (buenob [R.O.B.] + Knuckles [Metaknight])
4) We like mudkips (WAK [wario] + Jiggernaut [puff])
5) Matt is awesome!(Matt07 [mario] + lvl9 gannon) <-- hero

Singles:
1) Knuckles [Metaknight]
2) buenob [R.O.B.]
3) SAUS [Ike]
4) HiDef [Kirby]
5) Matt [mario]
5) Jiggernaut [puff]
7) Linkshot [lucario]
7) Arsenic [captain win]

first I'd just like to say, you guys win as a whole... not only was the night a lot of fun, but freaking 3 complete setups were brought (between 8 people showing)... so much that melee was had :) Matt is the true hero, not only did he knock alan out of singles, but he teamed with a lvl9 gannon and bussed with a tv+wii... my hero

gotta say, I think linkshot and HiDef need to team more... they had absolutely amazing teamwork right from the start... bryant and I are definitely struggling for that chemestry, but it will come, and then be scared!

bryant, amazing matches! you clawed your way back and took it... I had just a tonne of fun in our sets... same to SAUS, could have gone either way there too...

I am le tired, i dunno why I'm awake... gonna go back to bed :) gg's boys, looking forward to the next one... oh yeah, on that note, I'll post on wed. if there will be a smashfest on friday

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
HiDef and Linkshot team, huh? Hm, well have to admit I didn't see that one coming, nice job. And yeah, you and Bryant could potentially make a good team I think, but that's just my opinion, along with y'know, the fact that Matt teamed with a level 9 Ganondorf is awesome.

Top Bottom