• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Operation Starfall: Bringing Life to SMRPG Again

NathanD

Smash Rookie
I love that it's getting talked about. It's probably the perfect title for the switch. A little bit of action but at an RPG pace. Nintendo could really knock it out the park. RPGs and turn based strategy have always been popular on Nintendo add in some mainstream characters it could make waves in the genre.

Also just imagine how beautiful it could be. The art departments been killing it on the switch.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I'm not sure how active she is these days, but...
kiteinthesky kiteinthesky This sounds like just the initiative you've been waiting for.

This isn't the end, SMRPG fans! This is only a new beginning!

ShroomEL

Smash Apprentice
Greetings, acquaintances. This was a really good Idea to start a new thread to brainstorm and share ideas about spreading the word for Geno! You guys got some great ideas here, a letter sounds like the most formal way of getting hold of Nintendo, but the idea of animation seems pretty cool too! Can't wait to start conversing with you guys, in the end, hopefully Geno will make it into smash, and if not that, at least back into spotlight recognition.

View attachment 185492

Here's Geno again. He's hard asleep now but wants you all to know that you have his support and he'll help in whatever way he can.
Also URRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGHH Cute cat again

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
I was summoned.

OF COURSE Y'ALL HAVE MY SUPPORT!! :'D
I freaking love SMRPG, Geno, Mallow, and all it's characters to death. We need them back!

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I mean, I don't know how much good a petition is going to do, but I want this just as bad as everyone else, so you have my support.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I mean, I don't know how much good a petition is going to do, but I want this just as bad as everyone else, so you have my support.
Ideally, it's not gonna end with the petition. I agree that the petition alone probably isn't gonna do much good - it probably won't reach Square's ears at all, if we're honest - but it's a start when it comes to organizing a campaign like this and what matters is that we continue to spread awareness and keep the memory of SMRPG and its characters alive.
Hoo boy, what a way to start off the new year. New year, new thread, I guess.

Last edited:

ShinyReshiram

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 2409 5852 0213
I was summoned. Count me in bros, we're going to make history. No anime sword dude will stop us!

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
I want to help Operation Starfall, but don't know where to begin after signing the petition.

Krooli

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
3332 7619 1413
Late but @ShotoStar is actually my alt for my laptop where I’ll be doing the Letter and whatnot.

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
My parents won’t let me donate unfortunately, but I nonetheless support the cause wholeheartedly. Best of luck with your goal; I’ll show it to people I think would be interested enough to sign, and hopefully amass a large enough following to get our voices heard among the higher-ups.

RSF-Blue bomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lethlintejection
3DS FC
5069-3977-0380
welp add me into this! i know it sucks to see dq come in before geno but screw it wave 2 looks real likely and we might get an announcement of a new smrpg game in the next direct. we need to be louder than ever if we want geno to come back.

Potatu

Smash Apprentice
Woah, i didn't expect this to come so soon. You can count me in too! Let's revive our star puppet and fluffy little friend!

I signed the petition also, let's hope for the best!

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Hey A.G.L. A.G.L. , would you like to join?

I will say, shouldn't this thread be linked on the first post of the Geno and Mallow thread and vice versa? Seems like good idea, if just for better ease for going where you want to go when it comes to SMRPG on Smashboards.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So we need to develop a project plan which means we need project managers. Each project manager will need to be in charge of a different task too. For the sake of focus, a mission statement (the ideal) and a vision statement (the pragmatic) should be agreed on. Once these are decided, then comes the task of skill evaluation and networking to get the most out of everyone involved.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
So we need to develop a project plan which means we need project managers. Each project manager will need to be in charge of a different task too. For the sake of focus, a mission statement (the ideal) and a vision statement (the pragmatic) should be agreed on. Once these are decided, then comes the task of skill evaluation and networking to get the most out of everyone involved.
I imagine one good thing to determine right away is a deadline or a point where we can send this all out. Perhaps it could be the 13th of May, as that is the games anniversary and there might be a chance of Nintendo doing another tweet about the subject. I don't think I am to qualified to manage, but that is a possible idea.

Reshi

Smash Rookie
Man at the very least i am hopeful we can get more Mario RPG representation in the next Fortune Street game. If we got Geno and more music that would be phenomenal.

Necro Toad

Smash Apprentice
Hi Zack, I'm here too, please add me to the list! Also, thank you Ovaltine Ovaltine for creating this thread, let's fight one more time!

Ideally, it's not gonna end with the petition. I agree that the petition alone probably isn't gonna do much good - it probably won't reach Square's ears at all, if we're honest - but it's a start when it comes to organizing a campaign like this and what matters is that we continue to spread awareness and keep the memory of SMRPG and its characters alive.

Hoo boy, what a way to start off the new year. New year, new thread, I guess.
It will reach Square's ears if we get some famous people on Twitter (followers count) or important press sites to talk about it.
Maybe Wendy's official twitter would reply something about it? Maybe Netflix or other companies that joke about Smash speculation last months? Only one retweet or reply and Geno's petition could get huge, like truly huge!

I don't know if you guys are planning to make a fangame or something like that, but I really can code games. For more than a decade I live of developing games in a studio that I was one of the founders. All my days are always about coding, designing, marketing, and managing my studio, so if you guys need my help with anything like this, just let me know!

TBone06

Smash Ace
I’ve signed the petition. I’m sure this has been said before, but if we want more support, we need to get it on a platform bigger than just this site. We need a MUCH larger outreach. I think if anyone has a YouTube channel, post it on there and start a conversation. Tens and even hundreds of names is great, but it won’t create change.

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
Signed the petition.

I’ve signed the petition. I’m sure this has been said before, but if we want more support, we need to get it on a platform bigger than just this site. We need a MUCH larger outreach. I think if anyone has a YouTube channel, post it on there and start a conversation. Tens and even hundreds of names is great, but it won’t create change.
I agree with this.
Maybe PapaGenos for start?

D

Deleted member

My parents won’t let me donate unfortunately, but I nonetheless support the cause wholeheartedly. Best of luck with your goal; I’ll show it to people I think would be interested enough to sign, and hopefully amass a large enough following to get our voices heard among the higher-ups.
welp add me into this! i know it sucks to see dq come in before geno but screw it wave 2 looks real likely and we might get an announcement of a new smrpg game in the next direct. we need to be louder than ever if we want geno to come back.
Woah, i didn't expect this to come so soon. You can count me in too! Let's revive our star puppet and fluffy little friend!

I signed the petition also, let's hope for the best!
Count me in.
Alright, I'm in.
Oy, what's all this, is there a letter to sign?

Ah, I see, signed.
omg wait

i'm totally down for this i love this
You rang?

Oh this is cool :)
Man at the very least i am hopeful we can get more Mario RPG representation in the next Fortune Street game. If we got Geno and more music that would be phenomenal.
Signed.

Best of luck to all ye.
signed the petition good luck fellow smrpg bros.
Hi Zack, I'm here too, please add me to the list! Also, thank you Ovaltine Ovaltine for creating this thread, let's fight one more time!

It will reach Square's ears if we get some famous people on Twitter (followers count) or important press sites to talk about it.
Maybe Wendy's official twitter would reply something about it? Maybe Netflix or other companies that joke about Smash speculation last months? Only one retweet or reply and Geno's petition could get huge, like truly huge!

I don't know if you guys are planning to make a fangame or something like that, but I really can code games. For more than a decade I live of developing games in a studio that I was one of the founders. All my days are always about coding, designing, marketing, and managing my studio, so if you guys need my help with anything like this, just let me know!
Count me in.

Though at this point, I'm waiting for Miyamoto to die for a revival of the Paper Mario series. Paper Mallow and Geno would be wonderful.
Welcome aboard everyone :)

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Thank you for the invite but I won't be on the site for a while... my girlfriend just the other day passed away due hit by a drunken driver. That's why I have been so silent lately on that Square Enix seven characters board for example... Only came here to do a quick check if anything had happened to get my mind off things. Sigh

While I'm all for Geno and Mallow getting back, and I will sign the petition, I personally would recommend do something along the lines of what Golden Sun fans did with Golden Sunday. Sure, they might not have got their result they wanted but that's the best way to handle it. Petitions usually don't do ****. A perfect example is Zack Snyder fans having a petition of over 200k signatures to get his version of the Justice League movie (in short, it's come out that Warner took that movie away from him..) yet nothing has happened yet.

Talk about SMRPG on social media, youtube. Do let's plays, streams and/or reviews. Donate money to charity... If you follow someone big on Youtube that does let's plays or reviews depending on patron requests, donate to that and ask them to do a let's play/review on SMRPG if they haven't already. Do things that catch people notice of the game. If we have done so much talk and nothing (potentially) hasn't happened with Smash even though they seem to notice it based on the Mii Gunner costume... then more needs to happen if Nintendo is going to be interested to buy them out or Square to re-use them for something in the future then just a simple petition.

D

Deleted member

Thank you for the invite but I won't be on the site for a while... my girlfriend just the other day passed away due hit by a drunken driver. That's why I have been so silent lately on that Square Enix seven characters board for example... Only came here to do a quick check if anything had happened to get my mind off things. Sigh

While I'm all for Geno and Mallow getting back, and I will sign the petition, I personally would recommend do something along the lines of what Golden Sun fans did with Golden Sunday. Sure, they might not have got their result they wanted but that's the best way to handle it. Petitions usually don't do ****. A perfect example is Zack Snyder fans having a petition of over 200k signatures to get his version of the Justice League movie (in short, it's come out that Warner took that movie away from him..) yet nothing has happened yet.

Talk about SMRPG on social media, youtube. Do let's plays, streams and/or reviews. Donate money to charity... If you follow someone big on Youtube that does let's plays or reviews depending on patron requests, donate to that and ask them to do a let's play/review on SMRPG if they haven't already. Do things that catch people notice of the game. If we have done so much talk and nothing (potentially) hasn't happened with Smash even though they seem to notice it based on the Mii Gunner costume... then more needs to happen if Nintendo is going to be interested to buy them out or Square to re-use them for something in the future then just a simple petition.
I'm sorry about your girlfriend

Theanimator10

Smash Cadet
I've signed. Let's do all that we can y'all! I want Geno to come back in a new game and appearances in as many games as possible, such as smash and mario kart!

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
May not amount to anything, but I wrote to Nintendo Life about this thread and the Change.org page.

I'm also about to post to reddit information on a number of related subs. Before I do that, though, I wanted to run thoughts by Ovaltine Ovaltine or Fatmanonice Fatmanonice to see if y'all think my wording works fine. Not sure if you'd rather me PM it to you both to review or just paste it on this sub though?

Top Bottom