• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Operation Starfall: Bringing Life to SMRPG Again

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I have been summoned! Been sick for awhile (D*** Cedar Fever!)

Has anything ideas been thrown around to show our support?

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Let's go Operation Starfall! I'm not sure how much I can help, but I did sign the petition. I didn't think I'd ever really use change.org for anything serious, so my name on there is uh... Sans Undertale. Maybe this petition will let Nintendo know we want more than just the bone they threw us with the spirit hehehe...

D

Deleted member

Let's go Operation Starfall! I'm not sure how much I can help, but I did sign the petition. I didn't think I'd ever really use change.org for anything serious, so my name on there is uh... Sans Undertale. Maybe this petition will let Nintendo know we want more than just the bone they threw us with the spirit hehehe...
Welcome, TreeBranch :)

Also we all need to play Super Mario RPG. I wanted us to do this in the Geno thread but I think we can do that better here, since this thread isn't about speculation

D

Deleted member

Tbh really proud we almost got half our goal in terms of the petition it's been up for only three hours. Very Nice.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Hey, so, I’m not really an artistic person and I certainly don’t have any social media presence, but, uh... I signed the petition! You can call on me for whatever you need, although I doubt my talents go beyond writing.

I think the best way to go is to make a semi high profile fangame. Nintendo will cease and desist it, but at least it’ll get their eye.

View attachment 185492

Here's Geno again. He's hard asleep now but wants you all to know that you have his support and he'll help in whatever way he can.
I must congratulate you on your cat. That’s a 10/10 cat right there.

Don't you feel like bringing all the action from the main thread to this offshoot thread will just cause Geno's support page to decline in relevance? I'm not sure it's a great idea.
It’s not like a lot of **** was getting done there anyways.

D

Deleted member

Hey, so, I’m not really an artistic person and I certainly don’t have any social media presence, but, uh... I signed the petition! You can call on me for whatever you need, although I doubt my talents go beyond writing.

I think the best way to go is to make a semi high profile fangame. Nintendo will cease and desist it, but at least it’ll get their eye.

I must congratulate you on your cat. That’s a 10/10 cat right there.

It’s not like a lot of **** was getting done there anyways.
Welcome, GoodGrief :)

M MattOnwheels

Summoning everyone I can!

Midget Master

Smash Apprentice
Support for the starboi, and of course Super Mario RPG. It'd be nice if Switch had a real virtual console service for it to get re-released on, as like the bare minimum starting point for things... Though I'm still not totally inclined to give up on Geno showing up as a surprise at the end of the Fighter's Pass, I think organizing all the people who like the character and want to see him back is good no matter how you slice it.

He and Mallow would be fun characters to see in Mario game spinoffs of all stripes. Much of Geno's popularity seems to center around Smash, but I don't doubt people would love to play as him in Mario Kart and such. And if the Mario RPG series could recapture the charm of its earlier days, that sure would be nice. I dunno if that would involve Nintendo like buying the rights to Geno and Mallow or what, but whatever it takes. They're classic characters sure, but I think that they're unique and ooze that essential Mario-ness that would win them all manner of fans in 2019 and beyond.

So here's hoping Geno sneaks in the Fighter's Pass, or, failing that, features in a second one. Whether Geno in Smash is the gateway to more Super Mario RPG content, or more Super Mario RPG content is the gateway to Geno in Smash, I would be pleased as punch - embracing and modernizing elements of its history is in a lot of ways the Nintendo special, so let's make it happen with Geno and Mallow.

D

Deleted member

Support for the starboi, and of course Super Mario RPG. It'd be nice if Switch had a real virtual console service for it to get re-released on, as like the bare minimum starting point for things... Though I'm still not totally inclined to give up on Geno showing up as a surprise at the end of the Fighter's Pass, I think organizing all the people who like the character and want to see him back is good no matter how you slice it.

He and Mallow would be fun characters to see in Mario game spinoffs of all stripes. Much of Geno's popularity seems to center around Smash, but I don't doubt people would love to play as him in Mario Kart and such. And if the Mario RPG series could recapture the charm of its earlier days, that sure would be nice. I dunno if that would involve Nintendo like buying the rights to Geno and Mallow or what, but whatever it takes. They're classic characters sure, but I think that they're unique and ooze that essential Mario-ness that would win them all manner of fans in 2019 and beyond.

So here's hoping Geno sneaks in the Fighter's Pass, or, failing that, features in a second one. Whether Geno in Smash is the gateway to more Super Mario RPG content, or more Super Mario RPG content is the gateway to Geno in Smash, I would be pleased as punch - embracing and modernizing elements of its history is in a lot of ways the Nintendo special, so let's make it happen with Geno and Mallow.
Welcome, ****** Master :)

I will summon Doctor Lucky Doctor Lucky

D

Deleted member

Hey everyone, sorry i’m a bit late, what’ve we been talking about?
Welcome, TooManyToastahs :)

We have been talking about how Geno, Mallow, and Super Mario RPG as a whole should be revived and how we can spread the word, and we aren't going to be speculating or talking about anything else SE related other than Geno, Mallow, and SMRPG in general.

I've been summoning people in

Speaking of summoning, I will summon in Burr. Burr. and Dan Dan

Xigger

Smash Lord
I'm calling everyone in:
Xigger Xigger

Get over here ya'll!
Thanks for the invite!

I haven't caught up on all of the discussion yet, but I see there's a lot of talk of ideas of what could be done, and fangame/animation seems to come up a lot. So I should make my skillsets known, I am a game developer, programmer, and can create sprite/vector art.

D

Deleted member

Thanks for the invite!

I haven't caught up on all of the discussion yet, but I see there's a lot of talk of ideas of what could be done, and fangame/animation seems to come up a lot. So I should make my skillsets known, I am a game developer, programmer, and can create sprite/vector art.
DEVELOP

A

REMAKE

OF

SUPER MARIO RPG

:D

You are welcome btw :)

FurretBro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FurretBro
SMRPG was such an amazing game and still is, it's aged pretty well. If it ever gets remade or even gets the sequel treatment, I'll certainly be extremely hyped.

flois

Smash Rookie
Hey count me in! Just signed the petition and wrote a small message. Geno and the SMRPG cast have so much potential in Mario lore and should not remain a relic of the past.
Whether it be a remake or representation in smash, you have my support. :)

Xigger

Smash Lord
DEVELOP

A

REMAKE

OF

SUPER MARIO RPG

:D

You are welcome btw :)
There are so many option to consider! Fangame or Spiritual Successor, Remake or Remaster, Modern gameplay or Classic gameplay? They can all become much different games. And taken down with dmca

D

Deleted member

SMRPG was such an amazing game and still is, it's aged pretty well. If it ever gets remade or even gets the sequel treatment, I'll certainly be extremely hyped.
Same. Welcome, Furretbro :)

Pyra Pyra

Whether or not they were posting during my time in the Geno thread, I'm summoning em'

There are so many option to consider! Fangame or Spiritual Successor, Remake or Remaster, Modern gameplay or Classic gameplay? They can all become much different games. And taken down with dmca
I'm getting more excited as we go along :D

Hey count me in! Just signed the petition and wrote a small message. Geno and the SMRPG cast have so much potential in Mario lore and should not remain a relic of the past.
Whether it be a remake or representation in smash, you have my support. :)
Welcome flois! :)

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Holy ****, this exists?

Sorry for checking in so late, y'all. I've been pretty busy all day and didn't get around to checking the Geno thread until really late. I can't tell you how glad it makes me that we've bounced back so quickly from yesterday's... unfortunate news... and I'll definitely be going all in on this operation! I'm not sure exactly how much I'll be able to do in support of it, but I can say that we definitely have the right idea; Geno is obviously not on SE's radar right now, despite our years of campaigning to get him in Smash, so if we're gonna bust him (and his friends, hopefully) out of Gay Baby Jail™, a full-scale revival of SMRPG and its properties is what it'll take. A lofty task, yes, but with an organized effort like this, I believe it can be done.

LET'S DO IT, Genobros! (And Mallowbros, too!) With our efforts combined, we WILL break Geno and friends out of Squarejail!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Holy ****, this exists?

Sorry for checking in so late, y'all. I've been pretty busy all day and didn't get around to checking the Geno thread until really late. I can't tell you how glad it makes me that we've bounced back so quickly from yesterday's... unfortunate news... and I'll definitely be going all in on this operation! I'm not sure exactly how much I'll be able to do in support of it, but I can say that we definitely have the right idea; Geno is obviously not on SE's radar right now, despite our years of campaigning to get him in Smash, so if we're gonna bust him (and his friends, hopefully) out of Gay Baby Jail™, a full-scale revival of SMRPG and its properties is what it'll take. A lofty task, yes, but with an organized effort like this, I believe it can be done.

LET'S DO IT, Genobros! (And Mallowbros, too!) With our efforts combined, we WILL break Geno out of Squarejail!
Welcome, Ze Diglett :)

I will summon Crap-Zapper Crap-Zapper and ctt4lfecw ctt4lfecw

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I’ve never understood why Geno and Mallow weren’t in Marin Sports Mix while a bunch of FF characters and Slime were. It’s always bothered me as a kid playing that game. Don’t know if Square will ever make a Mario Spin Off again but that’s probably the place to start if it happens. Or as DLC for Mario Kart/Tennis/whatever.

D

Deleted member

I’ve never understood why Geno and Mallow weren’t in Marin Sports Mix while a bunch of FF characters and Slime were. It’s always bothered me as a kid playing that game. Don’t know if Square will ever make a Mario Spin Off again but that’s probably the place to start if it happens. Or as DLC for Mario Kart/Tennis/whatever.
cool mario bros, welcome :)

GenoREBORN GenoREBORN
GenoStrike GenoStrike

Ya'll come

FurretBro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FurretBro
I've had the idea of modding SMRPG. TTYD has a dedicated community for crazy things. Why can't SMRPG be the same way? I know a few hard modes exist, and Armageddon, though insanely difficult, has some new things. I've been searching for some great ROM hacks of the game, but most are either simple or they're really advanced. However, I don't think there's been any hacks with a whole new story. Never going to happen, but that would be sick.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
I had this experience with Mario Hoops 3-on-3 for the DS too, only iirc, it was White Mage, Black Mage, Moogle, and Cactuar but no Geno, Mallow, Boshi, or even Booster for that matter. :ohwell:

Top Bottom