• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Operation Starfall: Bringing Life to SMRPG Again

D

Deleted member

A massive letter from Geno and SMRPG fans is definitely one way to get things out there alongside the petition, which is a more visible way of Nintendo and Square being able to see. We especially have to aim our positive outreach to Square, as they are the ones who I perceive will be particularly difficult to sway.

I am an artist, but I am by no means all that good at animation. However, if any animators need storyboarding or any other kind of creative input, I'm your gal.

I am not so sure how I would feel about a fan game, solely because of Nintendo's outlook on them. If anything, that might be a quick way to earn some ire.

Another thing I just thought of:

Guys. What if we got Sky Williams on this train? He is a very prolific Geno supporter, and with him and @papagenos, I think our outreach could be just that much more immense!
I think that's a good Idea they have a lot of Influence especially Sky but the problem is how would we go about doing that?

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I think that's a good Idea they have a lot of Influence especially Sky but the problem is how would we go about doing that?
We reach out to him and get that information to him. That being said, I think if we start with Papa Genos making some kind of outreach of his own, we can absolutely make enough of a storm to get Sky's attention and see if he'll chip in, as well. He has a 400k+ following on Twitter, so getting his attention by just saying, "Hey, let's do this!" won't be enough. Poor guy probably gets bombarded with messages.

D

Deleted member

Also thinking about doing a drawing but I'm not very good as I only started drawing this year.

HolyKnight

Smash Journeyman
Animation is probably the safest thing. Probably wouldn't hurt to show off Geno from Legacy XP either. Since that seems the most polished version of him.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I'm going to be going to bed now, but I just want to say this.

Thank you all for brainstorming with me and already assisting in getting this ball rolling (or whirling). It's such a pleasure to be spearheading this campaign, and I feel that we can make so much happen if we just keep our hopes intact and our fighting spirits going. We love Super Mario RPG, Geno, Mallow, and everything else from this lovely game. Let's bring them back, and let's do our best!!

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
I'll watch the thread. Mention me if there's anything I can sign or do to help. (other than the petition I already signed.) If we end up doing something to send to Nintendo, I'm decent at coding and writing music but I don't know how much help I'd be.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Don't you feel like bringing all the action from the main thread to this offshoot thread will just cause Geno's support page to decline in relevance? I'm not sure it's a great idea.

T2by4

Smash Lord
Also StoicMiiverse is a fantastic artist that has made quite a bit of fanart of Geno, definitely could use their help. Their art is fantastic.

D

Deleted member

Don't you feel like bringing all the action from the main thread to this offshoot thread will just cause Geno's support page to decline in relevance? I'm not sure it's a great idea.
It's a great idea, I promise :) This is good because we have a clean start on bringing all the supporters in, and we change the topic to reviving and supporting Geno rather than talking all SE

berserker37 berserker37

Come!

Last edited by a moderator:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
A massive letter from Geno and SMRPG fans is definitely one way to get things out there alongside the petition, which is a more visible way of Nintendo and Square being able to see. We especially have to aim our positive outreach to Square, as they are the ones who I perceive will be particularly difficult to sway.

I am an artist, but I am by no means all that good at animation. However, if any animators need storyboarding or any other kind of creative input, I'm your gal.

I am not so sure how I would feel about a fan game, solely because of Nintendo's outlook on them. If anything, that might be a quick way to earn some ire.

Another thing I just thought of:

Guys. What if we got Sky Williams on this train? He is a very prolific Geno supporter, and with him and @papagenos, I think our outreach could be just that much more immense!
Tbh with how aggressive Nintendo has been towards its IP in recent years I think while a game would be cool it would also be pretty much asking for controversy and possibly a not so positive response (C&D) from Nintendo.

Also thinking about doing a drawing but I'm not very good as I only started drawing this year.
I feel the same way. I just started in 2017 and I’m not Ovaltine-tier, but at the same time it’s opportunity for us to practice!

Last edited:

owjies

Smash Journeyman
Ovaltine Ovaltine thanks for starting this up, count me in! I'll pitch in as much as I can.

Here's a question: I'm pretty new to these boards so I'm not as familiar with the K. Rool campaign. Does anyone here know anyone in leadership from that group that we can talk to? We should do some research on what worked and what didn't work for them. That might be a good starting point.

D

Deleted member

Ovaltine Ovaltine thanks for starting this up, count me in! I'll pitch in as much as I can.

Here's a question: I'm pretty new to these boards so I'm not as familiar with the K. Rool campaign. Does anyone here know anyone in leadership from that group that we can talk to? We should do some research on what worked and what didn't work for them. That might be a good starting point.
Welcome, owjies :)

paper roxy

Smash Ace
I'll watch the thread. Mention me if there's anything I can sign or do to help. (other than the petition I already signed.) If we end up doing something to send to Nintendo, I'm decent at coding and writing music but I don't know how much help I'd be.
count me in the same boat. i can do art and music and code a little too

FLGibsonIII

Smash Journeyman
I like the letter idea. We need to get Nintendo's attention and show them that people care about the SMRPG series (and Geno). We need to do what the Issac fans did except without the death threats and harassment.

D

Deleted member

Here's a question. How would you like to see SMRPG's boys return, other than Smash?
Personally I think they're already a perfect fit for the Mario & Luigi RPGs, though they obviously wouldn't be playable party members. Or, if the partner system were to be brought back for Paper Mario they could work there nicely as well.

owjies

Smash Journeyman
Here's a question. How would you like to see SMRPG's boys return, other than Smash?
Personally I think they're already a perfect fit for the Mario & Luigi RPGs, though they obviously wouldn't be playable party members. Or, if the partner system were to be brought back for Paper Mario they could work there nicely as well.
In a perfect world, I'd really like to see a direct sequel. Nintendo and Square left a lot of creative ideas on the shelf with the world they originally created. I'm curious to see where that story could go. It's been so long though. We'd probably need a remaster to happen first.

D

Deleted member

In a perfect world, I'd really like to see a direct sequel. Nintendo and Square left a lot of creative ideas on the shelf with the world they originally created. I'm curious to see where that story could go. It's been so long though. We'd probably need a remaster to happen first.
I agree. Even if it did set the framework for the future Mario RPGs there's a lot that they left behind that still has a lot of potential.

FLGibsonIII

Smash Journeyman
What I don't understand is that Nintendo didn't even think Issac was popular and he got an assist trophy. (Not hating on Issac at all here, I like the character) All Geno got was a spirit, and there is reason to believe that they know Geno is somewhat popular. I guess what I am asking is, does Nintendo know about Geno's popularity less than we think, or is square preventing this from happening? Is this mostly just an IP issue? I just don't understand why Geno is getting the cold shoulder, and understanding this reason might help us revive him.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
What about a Metroidvania fangame starring Geno? Or an RPG? a Metroidvania would fit tho. with his various attacks as items and the like.

D

Deleted member

What I don't understand is that Nintendo didn't even think Issac was popular and he got an assist trophy. (Not hating on Issac at all here, I like the character) All Geno got was a spirit, and there is reason to believe that they know Geno is somewhat popular. I guess what I am asking is, does Nintendo know about Geno's popularity less than we think, or is square preventing this from happening? Is this mostly just an IP issue? I just don't understand why Geno is getting the cold shoulder, and understanding this reason might help us revive him.
I think it's Square for sure. On their end, they have no reason to play ball with Nintendo when they have bigger franchises and characters.
An unfortunate reality, but I think the importance of getting SMRPG's characters into Mario spinoffs is that they'll bring them back into the spotlight without competition from other Square IPs.

ZelDan

Smash Master
One random idea I had was that maybe they could remake the original SMRPG in a paper mario Fashion. you'd have the original cast of 5 plus Luigi. Alot of the attacks move from the original game would return and funtion similarly, though instead of having 3 characters out at once you'd have something similar to partner system from the first couple Paper mario games. The stiory would largely be the same though there'd be a bit more when it comes to main and side content compared to the original game.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Hey, cool. I didn't know people know who I am. Just signed the petition. Let's work hard to make sure this really goes somewhere! I won't be able to do a whole lot for now as I'm attending college and planning a wedding, but I fully support, and maybe I can help more once things calm down. I do plan to stay on this thread at least!

D

Deleted member

Hey, cool. I didn't know people know who I am. Just signed the petition. Let's work hard to make sure this really goes somewhere! I won't be able to do a whole lot for now as I'm attending college and planning a wedding, but I fully support, and maybe I can help more once things calm down. I do plan to stay on this thread at least!
Good luck with everything :)

Top Bottom