• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Operation Starfall: Bringing Life to SMRPG Again

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Per your previous comment on the Geno support page, here is a very simple Mario Maker level based on Mushroom Way: 09D-DK2-KYG.

Again, very simple level.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Hey all, Let's make our voices loud for Geno.

I am hoping with collaboration with Operation Starfall and its supporters, we can do a big writing campaign in support for Geno in Smash.

Please send emails with positive comments and reinforcement for Geno! I then will print them all out and mail it to Nintendo Corporate office by this month since Smash DLC is in development already!

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, when it comes to the people we want to be apart of this campaign, have we considered Andre from GameXplain? I bring this up because at around 7:55 of the new Direct Discussion video, he does bring up Geno. I recall him doing similar things before.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Gonna have to make some Geno fan art to spread awareness. I think I'll design it this weekend

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Yes please, the more the better. I've been doing my best to reach out to some artist for permissions and am hoping to hear back.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm still working on the art. If I hadn't had a rough weekend I probably could have finished it

D

Deleted member

I posted this on the Geno thread, but it got swarmed by the CacoMallow leak. I'll post it again here.

Just on a side note, what do you guys think about the available romhacks for SMRPG? There's few, but they look good. I wanna get the feeling of a "definitive" version, something like this one: https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/4497/

I've also been looking at SMRPG Plus, it's been updated recently: https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3222/
The first link is a 60Hz fix to a 50Hz romhack, meant to be a "PAL" version of SMRPG. I like the changes they did like Toadstool --> Peach and the battle screen button colours as well as Bowyer’s buttons to match JPN/PAL controller colours. The US colours seem plain, to be honest.

SoopahSanikMoo

Smash Rookie
hey so uuuhh i had to step out of star road for a bit but the serv's link on this post doesnt work, would someone be so kind as to pass the new link to me

Dan

Smash Lord
I plan on giving the admins a piece of my mind in the help center... absolute nonsense. This is just a video game character, and we can't talk about him because trolls/haters exist? Welcome to the world; welcome to life. Learn to deal with it. I don't get why they just can't remove posts they see unfit.

Anyway, if anyone wants to talk about ideas for his Mii face/moveset I've created a thread for that.

Dan

Smash Lord
I've already jumped in...

Let's get that thread reopened!

Light: SWC69H2F
Dark: KT890NN5
Symbol name: CJQCFX05

Last edited:

Dan

Smash Lord
You know what I'm curious about? The source of this image and why there aren't any others like it:

And also why Mallow is inside the tree stump lol.

Dan

Smash Lord
It sounds way too good to be true but I did hear there's some credibility to its backing, and if it did happen I would assume it's not a priority to align with Mario 35 given how weird it is compared to the current state of the franchise.

You'd have to assume it's a remake given how boring Miyamoto wants Mario to be nowadays; how do you go from something like Mario RPG to only allowing generic Toads? Is this the same guy?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It sounds way too good to be true but I did hear there's some credibility to its backing, and if it did happen I would assume it's not a priority to align with Mario 35 given how weird it is compared to the current state of the franchise.

You'd have to assume it's a remake given how boring Miyamoto wants Mario to be nowadays; how do you go from something like Mario RPG to only allowing generic Toads? Is this the same guy?
As far as I see, he was generally hands-off from whatever the spin-off staffs were doing early on. Around the time of NSMB, he got Nintendo to have the Mario series "simplified" with a generalized presentation for wider audiences outside of the core Mario fans. Time will tell how long this'll last.

D

Deleted member

A remake of Super Mario RPG could be plausible seeing that Intelligent Systems wants to take a different track with Paper Mario and that AlphaDream closed and we may not see a new Mario & Luigi anytime soon.

That's if Nintendo still wants to still release RPGs starring Mario doh, something we can't be sure of.

Dan

Smash Lord
To me, it would be wild to have Mario + Rabbids, Paper Mario and Mario RPG all on the same console. Origami King was just okay but Rabbids and RPG are two of my favorite games ever.

Around the time of NSMB, he got Nintendo to have the Mario series "simplified" with a generalized presentation for wider audiences outside of the core Mario fans.
I don't understand his logic... like does he think people will be bemused by different variations of a species existing? Like how did he even arrive at that conclusion?

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I have to say, you know what's conspicuously odd? It's only on the SNES Mini, yet not even on the new 3DS's Virtual Console.

Square is probably being difficult again, or planning something.
FFIII is also missing from Switch despite being on the Mini.
However, maybe since Nintendo and Square must've come together for Sephiroth talk-as well as Mii Costumes, including Geno-maybe they worked out the details for SMRPG on Switch? It's wishful thinking of course, but since Geno returned as a Mii Costume, SMRPG had to have come up in conversation, right?

link2702

Smash Champion
IIRC, certain Super nintendo games they had trouble emulating on 3DS, and they just flat out didn't want to put SNES games on there anyway, hence the reason the SNES games were for the longest time only for the "ambassador" 3DS owners who bought the system early before the price cut and its rocky start.

So that's most likely the reason it never showed up on 3DS, and less square being "tough to work with", especially considering that after the 3dS got its steam, it was selling like hotcakes, so I guarantee SE would have wanted a piece of the pie.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
A quick reminder that you should try to include text in your post - I get that everyone's excited, but image- or video-only posts are considered spam.

Also, here's the trailer in case anyone missed it:

Yoko Shimomura's back to remix the songs from the original.

Last edited:

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
After everything we've been through, after I had figured S-E and Nintendo wouldn't bother with Geno because it's such a rights hassle... here we are. We made it. Nintendo and Square-Enix listened to us. Won't lie, I teared up a little. And now I'm so excited for the future! Geno's chances in Smash are better than ever before. And there are other things like Mario Party, Kart, sports games, more Mario movies, that Geno also has a much better chance to show up in. I'm so happy! :geno:

Top Bottom