• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Operation Starfall: Bringing Life to SMRPG Again

owjies

Smash Journeyman
What is everyone's favorite enemy in SMRPG?

I always liked Croco. After of the first encounter, he kinda just became a force of nature. He'd show up to mess with Mario and the gang for no other reason but to steal their coins. Croco provided one of many diversions from the main plot that helped to fill out the unique world developed for Mario RPG. I dunno why, but I always kinda read his dialogue in a cartoony mobster voice.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
In that case, would you be able to hand over domain ownership to someone else? I'd likely be able to handle it without a problem. Web design isn't unknown to me by any means.
I'm willing to help out some with it if you need anything. I have a few things on my plate right now but just let me know. I'm adequate at coding but I'm not really an ace

D

Deleted member

What is everyone's favorite enemy in SMRPG?
Gonna be real, enemies start to feel less unique when Geno gets the Geno Beam. Hard to distinguish them when I annihilate them all the same.

Maybe those bandit guys, because they gave out relatively great XP.

Pikacraft64

Smash Rookie
In that case, would you be able to hand over domain ownership to someone else? I'd likely be able to handle it without a problem. Web design isn't unknown to me by any means.
I have the domain tied to a personal freenom account, so would it be possible to DM me so we can work the nameservers out?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Greetings my children. I bring discussion...

So save Captain Toad and Rosalina who both sort of slot right into a Super Mario RPG sequel easily...what modern Mario character or Mario character in general would you like to see have a role in a sequel?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

So save Captain Toad and Rosalina who both sort of slot right into a Super Mario RPG sequel easily...what modern Mario character or Mario character in general would you like to see have a role in a sequel?
Nabbit. He would certainly not replace Croco, but possibly be an accomplice in crime or even a rival.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Any reference to Yoob or Kid Yoshi from TTYD would be nice... :yoshi:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Other than Rosalina and Captain Toad, I'd say Wario. He would have interesting interactions with Booster.

And Luigi needs to actually have a role too in a remake/sequel too

Last edited by a moderator:

Ovaltine

Smash Master

Hello, fellow star spirit!

I think seeing King Boo interacting with Geno would be a neat one. Both are spirits of some kind and have possessed the bodies of inanimate objects (King Boo in the Bowser mech, Geno in the doll), yet their alignments couldn't be more different. Some kind of dynamic there would be fascinating.

Honestly? Call me crazy, but I think Mallow and Bowser Jr. would also be adorable. They're both young princes, one whose familiarity with his father is great, the other whose family has only just been found. In a way... I think they could strike a kinship. Bowser Jr. appearing in a sequel would be extremely likely, too, given his prominence in the Mario & Luigi RPGs as of late. The fact that Bowser's already adventured with him, too, would probably also sway him into a (possibly begrudging) bond with our little nimbus friend.

Wario and Booster. Don't even start asking me. Just know this: Wario and Booster. That is all.

Also, pirates. Something with Captain Syrup and Jonathan Jones would be sick. I could see that going in all sorts of directions, and it'd give Wario more incentive to be involved in the story, too, even if only for a brief time.

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman

I once had an idea where Luigi and toad went to Srassaland to meet Daisy. The games main villan was king boo but the idea was that this took place before Luigis mansion and before he became a boo, he was a human. Also I thought Waluigi and Wario could be party members.

Last edited:

Xigger

Smash Lord
Of course!

You're very welcome. I'm lucky he is good at recognizing players. Even middle of the road guys like me.

He's very approachable and he says he appreciates us holding out like this.
I suppose holding out is the right approach... I've had to hold back from trying to recruit more people, start more work. I'm really glad to see this is the right course of action.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I suppose holding out is the right approach... I've had to hold back from trying to recruit more people, start more work. I'm really glad to see this is the right course of action.
I kind of lead him to the idea of 'when presentable' I wasn't going to have him promote something that is still bare bones. I am going to let Ovaltine Ovaltine take the time she needs before roping me in to further contribute.

But he will be able to provide a further audience for us. Same goes with whoever else wants to plug the website (Sky Williams, etc)

Ovaltine

Smash Master
That IS neat, but I could've sworn that was revealed before...

Maybe it was only the Cookie part

Anyways, Boshi plz :yoshi:
I swear, now I'm hoping for Boshi to cameo in this game. It's a long shot, but it'd be amazing if they could.

Anyhow, small update: I'm still feeling pretty poor, but I should be okay come Saturday or Sunday. If Pikacraft64 Pikacraft64 and I work out the domain name by then, I'll get to work on the site, but if not, I may register a new domain and go with that. I'm really eager to get this made and structure things very nice-like!

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
I swear, now I'm hoping for Boshi to cameo in this game. It's a long shot, but it'd be amazing if they could.

Anyhow, small update: I'm still feeling pretty poor, but I should be okay come Saturday or Sunday. If Pikacraft64 Pikacraft64 and I work out the domain name by then, I'll get to work on the site, but if not, I may register a new domain and go with that. I'm really eager to get this made and structure things very nice-like!
Keep up the great work Ovaltine also get well soon.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
So, I have a challenge for you all. If a Mario/Yoshi/DK/Wario character were to be put in a SMRPG style format(Stats, skills, etc), what would they be like?

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I could see E. Gadd being similar to Jeff from Earthbound in the sense that he relies on his inventions and items to do damage and doesn't have spells. In that way, he'd have decent HP, good attack and defense, but abysmal special attack and defense.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I have always thought that Kamek and Ashley would be good caster options. What their more specific roles would be exactly is where I kinda fall short.

I made a concept for Luigi in SMRPG like, years back. Unfortunately, It's.... not really anything spectacular. He was basically identical to Mario, except he had higher speed, lower HP and attack, and used electrical versions of Mario's Fire attacks (like, instead of the Ultra Flame, he used the Ultra Shock..... yeah, that's the best I could come up with). He also had higher magic attack and lower magic defense.

D

Deleted member

So, I have a challenge for you all. If a Mario/Yoshi/DK/Wario character were to be put in a SMRPG style format(Stats, skills, etc), what would they be like?
I think it'd be cool if Yoshi was a party member in SMRPG, and that he would use moves similar to the baby Yoshi in Paper Mario Ttyd

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
Sign me up
I heavily recommend joining the Operation Starfall discord then ! We're more active here , even tho things are a bit slow recently. We managed to finish the website if I recall correctly.

The discord invite is in the first post of the thread !

Top Bottom