• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Operation Starfall: Bringing Life to SMRPG Again

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I heavily recommend joining the Operation Starfall discord then ! We're more active here , even tho things are a bit slow recently. We managed to finish the website if I recall correctly.

The discord invite is in the first post of the thread !
Correction, the website is in progress. However, it is not yet finished, and we're still ironing some stuff out. Whatever the case, it is happening!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hey guys, I just found this.
Geno's reveal trailer right here.

Seriously though, that was an awesome animation

(so are Jonny Atma's remixes of course)

Last edited by a moderator:

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
Alright , almost nobody is in this thread anymore since we all moved toward Discord , but I had a neat Idea about Geno's doll.

As we all know , Gaz love the Geno doll , It's his favorite , even more than Mario , Peach , and Bowser.
But , if a sequel would happen... I don't like to be the guy who want to make complicated timeline stuff , but seeing Gaz grown up as an adult Toad would be very interesting.

Why ?

As much as all adults still have the spirit of a child deep inside them , It's almost impossible to keep everything we grew attached to when we were younger , or even take care of it.

Then , what if Gaz couldn't take care of his Geno doll anymore ? What if he let in a drawer , an old chest , anything , and let it take the dust and even decay a bit , but then , Geno's star would still take possession of it?

First of all , it would be a logical way to introduce a NEW design to Geno.
Changing his design in a sequel would be weird , he's a toy , toys can't change much once they're fabricated , unless someone break them , rebuilt them , ect...

Second , it could be a way to treat a theme that I never saw the Mario RPGs do ;
Childhood nostalgia and growing as an adult.

Are the Mario RPGs the deepest stories ever made that will make you rethink life as a whole ? No.
However , they can treat subjects that are a bit more heavy... And that a lot of people can relate with.
Losing someone , gaining confidence , stuff like that.

And the theme this idea has would be perfect. It's the most Nintendo message you can ever get. It's the perfect way to teach to a younger audience a very important message ;

No matter how you grow up... You're still yourself. There is no shame in looking at the past sometimes , you need to accept it.
There is no shame in wanting for a moment , to be a child. There is no shame in wanting... To have fun. Because fun has no limits.

If you think this hit the feels a bit too hard...

Then there is a second possibility ;

Gaz could lose his Geno doll.
"But he would always take deep care it when he is younger , how could he lost it?" Simple , someone could stole it.
Someone like Croco ! After all , he know Geno , he know his powers , if he were to meet Gaz and if he could have a way to get him on his side , it would be amazing.

However , even if it would lead to a very cool story about the star possesing the doll to find Gaz back... I don't think It's fitting for Croco's personnality at the end of SMRPG , since he redemeed himself in a way.
But , anyone else could stole the doll.

Also , using the first possibility mean we would see... KING MALLOW !
I mean , he's going to be the King of Nimbus Land. And he'll probably find a wife , and would even have a son/daughter ;

And then imagine Geno interacting with his son/daughter.

Or even , imagine Bowser Junior growing up and be the NEW BOWSER !

I may look a bit too deep into this , but this is something I wanted to share to with you all.

As to how I got the Idea ?...
Seam's design and story from Deltarune.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I am curious, how is Ovaltine Ovaltine 's involvement with this operation going to change considering her retiring from Smashboard for the foreseeable future? Figured I should ask for this clarification while the news is still fresh.

D

Deleted member

I am curious, how is Ovaltine Ovaltine 's involvement with this operation going to change considering her retiring from Smashboard for the foreseeable future? Figured I should ask for this clarification while the news is still fresh.
She might just be on Discord more often. After all, she only said she would be taking a break from Smashboards, nothing about Discord ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
She might just be on Discord more often. After all, she only said she would be taking a break from Smashboards, nothing about Discord ;)
That is something I thought of, but I did not really want to base my expectations off of loophole in wording.

D

Deleted member

That is something I thought of, but I did not really want to base my expectations off of loophole in wording.
True yeah lol. Though Discord is a lot less stressful and is more a place of ****posts (not in the case of Operation Starfall but still).

That reminds me only God knows how long I haven't been there

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I haven't been posting as much on Smashboards just because Discord is more convenient. However, I am all for breaking any records we have for our Geno Forum. I feel like while not a big deal, it can go a long way when Nintendo looks at who people want. I think it's at 34,000 posts.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I haven't been posting as much on Smashboards just because Discord is more convenient. However, I am all for breaking any records we have for our Geno Forum. I feel like while not a big deal, it can go a long way when Nintendo looks at who people want. I think it's at 34,000 posts.
It's almost to that point. Being the most replied newcomer speculation forum would be notable in a way, as that was also the case for Brawl.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
My involvement in the operation on here and Discord will not change. This is pretty much the only place I'll be up to posting in within Smashboards for the time being. No need to worry, guys. :)

D

Deleted member

Is a good way to spread the campaign commenting about it on YouTube videos?

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I would highly recommend against it. Youtube comments are, admittedly, quite the cesspool. I don't think the benefits of recruiting a few more people (if any at all) will outweigh the backlash there.

D

Deleted member

I would highly recommend against it. Youtube comments are, admittedly, quite the cesspool. I don't think the benefits of recruiting a few more people (if any at all) will outweigh the backlash there.
Eh, I think I would just ignore the backslash there. After all, there was a lot of backslash on the Nintendolife article, but it brought in more people who signed the petition

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Eh, I think I would just ignore the backslash there. After all, there was a lot of backslash on the Nintendolife article, but it brought in more people who signed the petition
Understandable, but we don't need to take our outreach there to a point of being needlessly obnoxious, you know? SMRPG's fans already get enough heckling for that as it is. We can get a lot of publicity through certain means, and that kind of visual attention is incredible. A news article is far bigger than posting random Youtube comments.

I don't think we need to be that desperate. I'd rather not go by those means. If you want to do it anyway, I can't stop you, but I cannot say I support that method of spreading the word at all.

D

Deleted member

Understandable, but we don't need to take our outreach there to a point of being needlessly obnoxious, you know? SMRPG's fans already get enough heckling for that as it is. We can get a lot of publicity through certain means, and that kind of visual attention is incredible. A news article is far bigger than posting random Youtube comments.

I don't think we need to be that desperate. I'd rather not go by those means. If you want to do it anyway, I can't stop you, but I cannot say I support that method of spreading the word at all.
I see.

I still feel like it's worth a shot though, even if we get a lot of slack. Imo, if anything, the backslash could spread word of the campaign. Support for the campaign can convince Square and Nintendo that they should revive SMRPG, but hate against the campaign won't prevent it from happening.

D

Deleted member

Sorry about the doublepost, but what do you guys think of being able to play as all five party members in an SMRPG remake rather than just three?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Sorry about the doublepost, but what do you guys think of being able to play as all five party members in an SMRPG remake rather than just three?
Eh, I feel like that might over complicate things a bit, as well as riding of some team management.

D

Deleted member

It could work, but I think it would require lots of rebalancing. And it's not unprecendeted, Final Fantasy 4 did 5 party members in battle just fine.
I would still be a bit skeptical if I were to hear that without any gameplay but like I said it can certainly work

Xigger

Smash Lord
Alright , almost nobody is in this thread anymore since we all moved toward Discord , but I had a neat Idea about Geno's doll.
--High Effort Post :4miibrawl: --

As to how I got the Idea ?...
Seam's design and story from Deltarune.

Nostalgia is a very fitting theme for a sequel to a cult classic! Also works very well for a Mario game since Nostalgia is its #1 driving force every game. I would see it being less story-based and more character revivals without any allusions to backstory or past events. It also works really well within the premise of Mario being focused on its own game and not the franchise as a whole.

Nope! The view ratio for Youtube videos to Youtube comments is too drastic. It's much better to run the organized operation in the same way that Operation Moonfall ran. That said, we could use more research into emulating them. That would be a good use of our time, before it's time to start raising awareness.

I could see it working with the fight style from the Mario & Luigi games. Partners in Time had 4 fighters, so 5 wouldn't be a huge stretch. Mario RPG has always been about timed hits, even with multiple fighters and joined attacks.

Last edited:

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
Nostalgia is a very fitting theme for a sequel to a cult classic! Also works very well for a Mario game since Nostalgia is its #1 driving force every game. I would see it being less story-based and more character revivals without any allusions to backstory or past events. It also works really well within the premise of Mario being focused on its own game and not the franchise as a whole.

Nope! The view ratio for Youtube videos to Youtube comments is too drastic. It's much better to run the organized operation in the same way that Operation Moonfall ran. That said, we could use more research into emulating them. That would be a good use of our time, before it's time to start raising awareness.

I could see it working with the fight style from the Mario & Luigi games. Partners in Time had 4 fighters, so 5 wouldn't be a huge stretch. Mario RPG has always been about timed hits, even with multiple fighters and joined attacks.
Yup , I feel like , as you said , allusions to past events aren't needed for a SMRPG sequel (especially if they don't do a remake).
Geno's character is pretty simple , his role is granting wishes , and his personnality pretty straight forward in game.
He don't need much of an introduction , just that he's a star who possessed an old toy , and he managed to find the toy's owner.

Also thanks for saying it was an high effort post lol
I feel like you could something similar to Sonic Chronicles.

In this game , each character had the standard RPG options , but if they were with some characters on a team , they could do special magic attacks.
I feel like it's something that could work if balanced properly.

Just imagine a combination of Star Rain and Geno Flash !

D

Deleted member

Whatever happened here? It looks quite dead, Are we using Discord more, Is this thing on the slow burner or is this just dead? Cause if it's dead we need to pick up the pace Y'all.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Whatever happened here? It looks quite dead, Are we using Discord more, Is this thing on the slow burner or is this just dead? Cause if it's dead we need to pick up the pace Y'all.
Kind of a combination of the first two. We are mostly active on Discord now, but we're also waiting for the website to go up and/or the Square rep to be announced before we really start taking action.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Kind of a combination of the first two. We are mostly active on Discord now, but we're also waiting for the website to go up and/or the Square rep to be announced before we really start taking action.
Pretty much. All of us involved on the site are having trouble meeting up at designated times to double down on stuff, too, so that's proving a bit of an issue.

D

Deleted member

Man, I'm sad the YouTubers haven't gotten back to us yet. I think we'll be able to do it without them though. There's always another way.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Man, I'm sad the YouTubers haven't gotten back to us yet. I think we'll be able to do it without them though. There's always another way.
Honestly, we aren't completely structured and organized yet. Everything is a bit all over the place right now. Things should look up once everything has been properly set.

Xigger Xigger SSGuy SSGuy I'm thinking we're really going to have to expedite on the site more than I thought. If for some reason, I can't be reached (since I'm mostly on at night), feel free to just make as much as you can without me, and I'll contribute where I can. We've got to get this thing going, and I'm really anxious to do so.

Xehanort1372019

Smash Journeyman
Huh.........hey, guys............ It's been a while since I was on here and you probably wondering why it took me so long to get back here, is............I'm sorry.........I tried to get support for Geno on DeviantArt, but I've got little or no support from any Geno Fan on that website. And I waited for months for someone from a Geno club that might see it.........but no one came.

I'm so sorry.........I really tried............

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Huh.........hey, guys............ It's been a while since I was on here and you probably wondering why it took me so long to get back here, is............I'm sorry.........I tried to get support for Geno on DeviantArt, but I've got little or no support from any Geno Fan on that website. And I waited for months for someone from a Geno club that might see it.........but no one came.

I'm so sorry.........I really tried............
Hey, it's fine. It's hard to get visibility on dA, especially because of how niche it is. A lot of the Geno fans on that site aren't active anymore either. The mid-2000's was the Geno heyday there. We appreciate your efforts, though!

Xehanort1372019

Smash Journeyman
Hey, it's fine. It's hard to get visibility on dA, especially because of how niche it is. A lot of the Geno fans on that site aren't active anymore either. The mid-2000's was the Geno heyday there. We appreciate your efforts, though!
Thanks.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, sorry lol. It's hard to be more active on Discord for me, so sorry I haven't been participating in the campaign all that much. I'm just waiting for the YouTubers I contacted to respond...

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Wanted to take this quick opportunity to just plug in Operation StarFall.

That last two days have been a great start for us! There are a lot of supporters within this forum and I want to make sure that every one here has a chance to sign the petition to help hear our voices!

If you haven't had a chance yet, please be sure to fill out the Wish Log here:

https://operationstarfall.com/
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd_dPl_eqANW4VrbZAJqozUp6un6GjReD6CkYY5simMbNmPFg/viewform

We are also all over the internet trying to make a bigger voice for ourselves. Below you can find the following social media sites to join:

https://twitter.com/opestarfall
https://www.facebook.com/opestarfall
https://www.instagram.com/operationstarfall/

Thanks again for all your support! Together we will make all our dreams come true!

#OperationStarFall

Top Bottom