• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Online (SheerMadness) vs Console (Darth Rancorous)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Practicing on the console for 10-15 minutes so I don't get owned by Tank and Darth later today.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
=]

It usually takes me like 30 to 45 mins to get used to console. Since I practiced 15 mins already hopefully that'll be cut in half.

Mainly my parries, not much else takes time to adapt.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
wuts BMI?

up to 27 tables

i don't like full tilt because it seemed slightly slower than stars and i'm aiming for supernova

i'm also highly superstitous and have the n00b belief that full tilt seems rigged for action and pokerstars is only half way rigged

---

i've only started like 3-4 months ago, but it's one of the main reasons why i quit 64 online
That's what I thought you said but wow 27 tables? That's crazy... I usually would do 9 for tourneys, or only 4-6 for cash games.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Online beat console. =]

Haha again this is all in good fun. Darth Rancorous and Tank are both really nice guys.

TANK64

Smash Lord
They couldn't take my flash son! :colorful:
Shotouts!

Darth you're maaaad chill son, but that Samus is so violent :)

Sheer your a ****. You tier ***** us. :mad: sheer <3

BTW- Don't give Sheer food. He'll start quad nairing *****es.

Darth Rancorous

Smash Ace
^ haha, seriously. After he ate he was unstoppable. I wonder what they put in that pizza haha.

On a more serious note, online will make u better, faster. But console displays ur true skill because of no lag. Any thoughts Tank and Sheer?

Untrust Us

Smash Journeyman
i think i can say that if i was a pure console player, i would never play a yoshi as crazy as sheer's. thanks to online play, i can play him as much as i want and gain experience battling out yoshi's like his.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Sheer has the opposite of food johns? I eat food and suddenly I can't play worth jack

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Well it was like 5:30pm and I hadn't eaten anything all day.

Sounds like fair assumption Darth. Playing online will make you better much faster than purely playing on console due to the variety of playstyles and availability of top players. But console does provide a more even playing field due to the absence of any "online" interference.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
But if you've never played online, IMO, you're at a serious disadvantage vs someone who has played extensively online.

Tank you need to free some disk space and you'll computer will be fine.

malva00

Smash Master
you should give the matches to me so I can put them on my youtube unless they suck more than the secret isai vs sensei samus dittos that never got put up cuz sensei was sucking and didn't seem to be in recording mode

one of my few times my recording rule has been broken

isai's recording rule: everything that gets recorded gets put up

Instances when my recording rule was broken (when I was in charge of the tape afterwards):

isai vs sensei samus dittos
superboomfan vs sensei (reason: they said there weren't good matches right after they played; then i said "wtf" or something similar)

Matches that weren't put up before I had a recording rule (when I was in charge of the tape afterwards)

isai vs tatuman/rush 2 (reason: one falcon ditto against tatuman was just a bunch of messing around; they were recording for some reason; some other matches with people like rush 2 looked like boring repeats of the same matchup that already existed, so instead of a malva(link) vs rush2(kirby) 1 and 2 there might only be 1)
isai vs takamitsu (reason: boring luigi vs jiggly match that took 7 minutes or something)

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I don't think any of us thought we were playing very well. I know I wouldn't be too disappointed if they weren't put up haha.

Only time I thought I was playing well was after the pizza and we were done recording by then.

dandan

Smash Lord
isai vs takamitsu (reason: boring luigi vs jiggly match that took 7 minutes or something)
who won that, seems like a real hard match (assuming you played jiggly) unless you do not agree that it is an uphill battle vs luigi.
i really like takamitsu's luigi, or might it be tatuman, i need to check your recordings again.
the whole of you vs japan set of games is still my favourite to watch, i guess it is because of the japanese version with the low hitlag that make the matches more fast/dynamic in my eyes.

craiigg

Smash Lord
I'm eating breakfast
most important meal of teh DAY son

i just played console ntsc this weekend after about 3/4 years online with only PAL console
only thing i had to get used to was the deadzone on the n64 joystick, pj doesnt ever seem to get it right so my movement was a bit weird

other than that it was mad fun, and the best working controller i found was a pikachu one <3

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Isai vs tatuman falcon dittos would be fun to watch

i just played console ntsc this weekend after about 3/4 years online with only PAL console
only thing i had to get used to was the deadzone on the n64 joystick, pj doesnt ever seem to get it right so my movement was a bit weird
How better is it compared to pal?

Darth Rancorous

Smash Ace
Yeah, I wasn't at my best when we were recording. So if u see some broken shields on Samus, I warned u lol.

And if u still don't believe me, just ask sheer about my pikachu and tank about my Samus :p

D

Deleted member

i still think console would pwn any online chump we just need a better representative

SheerMadness

Smash Master
You're not gonna find someone in North America, who has never played online extensively, thats going to beat any of the top online players.

Unless that top online player uses keyboard or something different than a n64 controller.

Alancitu is probably the only pure console player I can think of that could take down top online players. Malt fox might be able to go even. But in North America I can't think of anyone...

Anyway s2j, you're a product of online play yourself. And don't tell me you're not because I remember when you were a huge noob online (most of were ****ing noobs back then) and watching your progress mainly from playing online.

Smasherx74

Smash Journeyman
You're not gonna find someone in North America, who has never played online extensively, thats going to beat any of the top online players.
Nemesis, and unruled played offline sense 03 till i told them to play jaimeHR in p2p on aim and nemesis beat his falcon in ditos.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Nemesis, and unruled played offline sense 03 till i told them to play jaimeHR in p2p on aim and nemesis beat his falcon in ditos.
Never heard of either of those people. Tell them to play me. =]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom