• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Online (SheerMadness) vs Console (Darth Rancorous)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
lol @ this malva guy acting like he doesn't know me whenever he disagrees with something I say.

Darth would get better faster if he played online. I don't see how anyone would disagree with that.

Malva if you don't think anyone online is close to johnny's skill level I'd say you're delusional.

malva00

Smash Master
lol @ this malva guy acting like he doesn't know me whenever he disagrees with something I say.

Darth would get better faster if he played online. I don't see how anyone would disagree with that.

Malva if you don't think anyone online is close to johnny's skill level I'd say you're delusional.
you're the delusional one. online doesn't even show someone's full skill

Maybe if I played you on console you wouldn't get beaten by my 3 frame worst characters so badly :laugh: mr top online player or maybe it would be worse who knows

just the other day I 5 stocked boom's falcon with link on hyrule in a 3 FRAME MATCH. what does this mean? nothing cuz it's online it makes good people play worse

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Funny how malva's ego is so used to people sucking up to him that he doesn't know what to do when someone actually disagrees with him. So he just resorts to trying to convey how much of a superior player his is.

Malva I met you in real life. You're just an average guy. I'm not going to act like your opinions are better than mine just because you're better at smash than me. That's not how I roll.

And I don't know why your 5 stocking boom's falcon is relevent at all. Random **** matches happen all the time on console.

Dr_Strangelove

Smash Journeyman
you're the delusional one. online doesn't even show someone's full skill
Why is this significant?
The whole point is to play against people who live far away, this does not necessarily have to determine the champion of the universe.

Two players both slightly off their full power (imma chargin' etc) playing against each other, but both have a similar amount of skill when at their best. It'll still result in great practice, and ultimately improvement.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
We are all friends Jayme. Just because I disagree with malva doesn't mean I don't like him. He's a nice kid. He just has a thing with trying to act superior to people instead of actually discussing things on smashboards which is kind of annoying.

malva00

Smash Master
Why is this significant?Two players both slightly off their full power (imma chargin' etc) playing against each other, but both have a similar amount of skill when at their best. It'll still result in great practice, and ultimately improvement.
Yeah Darth why don't you play online you'll get better faster since I doubt you have much variety on console
learn how to read buddy that was just a few posts ago too

EDIT: I'm not friends with this SheerMadness guy but I would be with this other guy I know who is named Ryan. Ryan is cool but this SheerMadness guy is whatever.

Malva I met you in real life. You're just an average guy. I'm not going to act like your opinions are better than mine just because you're better at smash than me. That's not how I roll.
lol the majority of the world is average. I don't have a problem being average because that's what I am. :bee:

My opinions are better than SheerMadness's because he hasn't even played many good players on console, and I'm way better than him. We're talking about how much online affects skill level, so both those reasons are valid.

D

Deleted member

Like s2j who all of a sudden thinks online ssb64 and everyone who plays it is gay despite the fact that he only got good from playing online.
not really

official online not a faag list (no order):

tigerbombz
mattnf
rich
superboom
quickman
jaimehr
darth_fox
eric cartman
malva
frog
MATTS!

blue yoshi
quickman!
some others

these guys are diamonds in the poop though

everybody else 99% ur a faag (or someone like near)

Dr_Strangelove

Smash Journeyman
learn how to read buddy that was just a few posts ago too

EDIT: I'm not friends with this SheerMadness guy but I would be with this other guy I know who is named Ryan. Ryan is cool but this SheerMadness guy is whatever.

My opinions are better than SheerMadness's because he hasn't even played many good players on console, and I'm way better than him. We're talking about how much online affects skill level, so both those reasons are valid.
Read it as sarcasm. Guess I'm too cynical, huh?

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I don't see how you being better than me makes your opinion on online play any better than mine. That's dumb and arrogant.

What I've been saying this whole time is that playing online will increase your skill level much faster than solely playing on console due to availability of skilled players. I've never once said online play can't and or doesn't potentially affect skill in negative ways due to lag/delay.

And if you don't like SheerMadness you probably wouldn't like Ryan. Ryan isn't afraid to express his opinions either. But if you don't wanna like SheerMadness/Ryan because he's not afraid to express his differing opinions I guess thats you're loss. SheerMadness/Ryan respects your opinions and still likes you.

malva00

Smash Master
I've never once said online play can't and or doesn't potentially affect skill in negative ways due to lag/delay.
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8442371&postcount=1297

I think console vs online arguments are dumb.

Online at 0-3 frames is not much diff than console imo. Anyone who thinks diff is a big noob!

j/k
this is where it all started. and I have a good feeling your j/k only applies to the "big noob!" part

1-3 frames is much different from console for really good players

and lol at your first comment in your post and then look at this topic XD jk

rpotts

Smash Lord
this thread makes me lol. But it really just makes me wanna play good players on console. Theres two other skilled players that I know and one of them pretty much plays melee the whole time were gaming. I WAN GO CALI waahhh

Skrlx

Smash Champion
not really

official online not a faag list (no order):

tigerbombz
mattnf
rich
superboom
quickman
jaimehr
darth_fox
eric cartman
malva
frog
MATTS!

blue yoshi
quickman!
some others

these guys are diamonds in the poop though

everybody else 99% ur a faag (or someone like near)
hey s2j, i'm gonna be going to the next melee tournament you go to. we'll be the best of friends okay? we'll talk about stuff like smoking jointz, gambling, drinking, how awesome s2j is, how dunk is the homie, how irvine is gay, talk about all the gay people in kaillera and other fun stuff.

D

Deleted member

u really are the shadow smasher if all u do is creepily lurk every single pac west topic without making a single post

not sure if i want to meet u in person anymore ( we had a chance but u didn't say hi)

Skrlx

Smash Champion
u really are the shadow smasher if all u do is creepily lurk every single pac west topic without making a single post

not sure if i want to meet u in person anymore ( we had a chance but u didn't say hi)
don't worry... after getting drunk as *** and taking a few hits... u won't remember any of said creepy lurking

D

Deleted member

So in conclusion, near is a perfect example of why console is superior to online

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
Yeah Darth why don't you play online you'll get better faster since I doubt you have much variety on console

lol @ this sheermadness guy saying you can play players closse to johnny's skill level when those online kids have never even played him on console
i've played johnny online, actually i've beat johnny

malva00

Smash Master
you know what's funny?

you can get better in online play by playing people better than you

but hardly any of the top players ever asks me to play except BOOM and maybe a couple others

that is really what's stopping the online kids from getting any better

same with frog/s2j although s2j isn't playing right now

as for the weaker players I'll usually be the one to ask in the server (today i played with imnotpro and agent 21), but I don't always like playing them since it can be too easy.

but as for me I'm fine just playing BOOM since he seems better than the other north american players so don't expect me to come knocking on your door, but you can ask me if you want and i'll probably play if you're one of the top online players

SheerMadness

Smash Master
You're right the j/k was for the big noob part.

And I stand by that much different statement. If I didn't think there was any difference I would have left out the "much". Which clearly means I think there is a little difference.

Everyone who plays online has experienced death via lag spike every once in a while. Or a lag spike screws up a djc. It happens. But if you and your opponent are lag free and playing at 1-3 frames I don't think there is much a difference.

I don't know why near would want to meet you in real life at this point s2j. You pretty much troll him every opportunity you get simply for not showing up to tourneys. I don't see what your problem with near is aside from him getting annoyed at you trolling him and firing back.

D

Deleted member

this has nothing to do with u florida douche

and i agree dunno why he wants to meet me so bad

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Haha s2j might be a bigger troll than gav/smasher on the ssb64 boards.

Near just ignore him. You can do it, it's not that hard.

Agent_21

Smash Apprentice
To malva: I played about the same when I played SSB on the wii idk if you guys count this as a console, teh only reason I'd say I was slightly better is because I had a nintendo analog and not a ****ty ps3 dpad to smash with...

Why is this thread still alive?

malva00

Smash Master
I played about the same when I played SSB on the wii idk if you guys count this as a console, teh only reason I'd say I was slightly better is because I had a nintendo analog and not a ****ty ps3 dpad to smash with...
the more skilled someone is the more online will affect him or her

Skrlx

Smash Champion
are u the same online as in real life?
i dunno
probably not

I don't know why near would want to meet you in real life at this point s2j. You pretty much troll him every opportunity you get simply for not showing up to tourneys. I don't see what your problem with near is aside from him getting annoyed at you trolling him and firing back.
yeah, I don't know what his BEEF with me is either. same thing with lovage. i don't even know him hahaha

this has nothing to do with u florida douche

and i agree dunno why he wants to meet me so bad
so what do u say buddy? we gonna smoke some BOWLS and get DRUNK?

Haha s2j might be a bigger troll than gav/smasher on the ssb64 boards.

Near just ignore him. You can do it, it's not that hard.
no i think s2j is a nice guy but he's a **** online for whatever reason
lovage is the troll cuz he doesn't even know me and yet attempts at hurting my feelings based on online perceptions he has of me lol

malva00

Smash Master
Some players are way more lag senstive than others.
you said the exact same thing I said (in different words) without explaining why. i explained why

i'm talking about the people who are already used to playing online

I keep forgetting most of you online kids will never understand since you're not good enough, so the delay doesn't affect you as much. I should stop trying to explain it to you

NovaSmash

3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
if ur good playing in lag and delay u should be better on console. I've played online for a year and console is easier for me. I've beat johnny online and im sure i could beat him console

Skrlx

Smash Champion
i don't know if you guys have heard but apparently for PD, it's the opposite. The more delay, the better he can play. The less delay there is, the harder it becomes to play.

To this day, I wonder how PD will do in console with 0 frames of delay.

dandan

Smash Lord
if ur good playing in lag and delay u should be better on console. I've played online for a year and console is easier for me. I've beat johnny online and im sure i could beat him console
for some reason i doubt it, unless you are talking about another johnny

NovaSmash

3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
for some reason i doubt it, unless you are talking about another johnny
lol, watch the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_40jgj_oTQw. I pwned his ***, i can beat anyone who plays this game. He comes online under the john. Everyone who plays on galaxy64 knows that. I dont have to prove anything to u. I doubt ur any good at this game at all.

malva00

Smash Master
so you beat his 7-9 frame Link with Kirby on dreamland? lol

try beating his best characters on console. online doesn't mean much

dandan

Smash Lord
lol, watch the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_40jgj_oTQw. I pwned his ***, i can beat anyone who plays this game. He comes online under the john. Everyone who plays on galaxy64 knows that. I dont have to prove anything to u. I doubt ur any good at this game at all.
why do you always try to prove your worth, just go and play, no need to show me or anyone else who you beat. and you are entitled to your opinions about me, frankly i just do not care what you think about me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom