• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

One Piece

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
luffy, zoro, sanji, nami, hell everyone is awesome in this game.

I should main dalsim.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
this chapter was great. i can't wait to see how
mr. 3
interacts with luffy
I agree. I was surprised to see him there. I wonder who else Luffy will meet.

I'm really liking how this arc is unfolding. It's more of an adventure one rather than a battle one. Reminds me of early Dragon Ball.

Stroupes

Smash Lord
I've always thought this show was kinda dumb when I first saw it, but based on the summary, it actually sounds interesting. Is there anywhere I can see all the episodes/summaries?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I've always thought this show was kinda dumb when I first saw it, but based on the summary, it actually sounds interesting. Is there anywhere I can see all the episodes/summaries?
yeah definitely read the manga instead

-NEOLINK-

Smash Journeyman
You can check on Wikipedia, here ya go http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_piece_episodes. Is this what you are looking for? Aw man, we have to wait an extra week again for the next chapter. If you're looking for the Manga you can also read it here http://www.onemanga.com/.
Franky is feelin Suuupaaaaaaah!!

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha that's why i never really implied that he would help.... only "interact" with luffy xD

it'll be exciting what he's gonna do with his, well, candle wax. too good!

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Man, this lack of One Piece is killing me! Is it Golden Week there? I haven't checked why the spoilers haven't come out and am only assuming.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Man, this lack of One Piece is killing me! Is it Golden Week there? I haven't checked why the spoilers haven't come out and am only assuming.
Nope, Golden Week is in Spring. We've just been getting two Double Jump issues.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
New Spoilers! :)

Luffy and Buggy fight a basilisk (actually, just Luffy), find Mr. 3 who helps them go down another level. Hancock runs into the warden and uses her powers on him. and JINBEI IS IN THE SAME CELL AS ACE AND REFERS TO HIM AS "BOSS"!!!!

Overload

Smash Lord
I've seen a little bit of One Piece on tv, but didn't seem to like it. I might check it out again later on.

drcossack

Smash Ace

Luffy and Buggy fight a basilisk (actually, just Luffy), find Mr. 3 who helps them go down another level. Hancock runs into the warden and uses her powers on him. and JINBEI IS IN THE SAME CELL AS ACE AND REFERS TO HIM AS "BOSS"!!!!
Jinbei (who looks awesome)
alone makes it worth it.

Since the other Shichibukai (including Crocodile) have had their bounties revealed, it makes me wonder what Mihawk's bounty was though.

Blackbeard - 0
Crocodile & Hancock - 80m
Jinbei - 250m
Kuma - 296m
Moria - 320m
Doflamingo - 340m

Lovely

Smash Lord
What does Doflamingos Devils fruit do anyway?
I don't think it's been shown that he even uses a devil fruit... I think.... it's been too many chapters to tell. I guess he is, controling bodies and all.

I missed watching this show on TV today, I'll watch it next time.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I don't know why, but this arc's style seems a little different.

I'm still liking it, though.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Oda's style changes thematically through different arcs. CP9 had a totally different feel compared to Baroque Works, which differed greatly from Skypeia. This arc is pretty interesting... Impel Down, thematically, has a "hell" theme and I think Oda is pulling it off very creatively. And you're right... it is pretty interesting how his art style is changing.

Virgilijus

BRoomer

Luffy, Buggy and Mr. 3 meet the boss of the second level. Jinbei tells Ace he doesn't want Whitebeard to die because of what he did for Fishman Island. Crocodile tells Jinbei that he wants to kill Whitebeard and so do hundreds of other very strong pirates.

drcossack

Smash Ace

Luffy, Buggy and Mr. 3 meet the boss of the second level. Jinbei tells Ace he doesn't want Whitebeard to die because of what he did for Fishman Island. Crocodile tells Jinbei that he wants to kill Whitebeard and so do hundreds of other very strong pirates.
Crocodile would need a freakin' miracle to even get CLOSE to WB. I guess he won't be helping Luffy, though I doubted he would have done that anyway.

I'm really liking this arc.

Dayzin

Smash Journeyman
this is probably a dum question but why is luffy some time called the Mugiwara luffy? what does mugiwara mean?

Alzi

Smash Master
I need scans already, the arc is jusy becoming better and better like previous arcs
Yes it is. Seriously one piece is getting better and better before i wasn't so in to it but now the new manga's are getting deeper into the story line.

Also the 4kids dub suck so much. I compared it to what funimation done they atleast did a better job then 4kids but i still prefer the japanese episodes with subbing then any other type.

Thino

Smash Master

Also the 4kids dub suck so much. I compared it to what funimation done they atleast did a better job then 4kids but i still prefer the japanese episodes with subbing then any other type.
Back when I was watching the anime ? I was mainly into subs , cuz dubs sucked back when I tried to watch them , I still have the rest of Thriller bark arc to watch , I have no idea how far subs are atm

drcossack

Smash Ace
Back when I was watching the anime ? I was mainly into subs , cuz dubs sucked back when I tried to watch them , I still have the rest of Thriller bark arc to watch , I have no idea how far subs are atm
I think they're on the Duval/Caimie mini-arc (before Shabondy), but the last subbed ep I watched was when Zoro took all of Luffy's pain/fatigue

Vorguen

Smash Champion
OK, now, to start the discussion.

The new Sabaody Archipelago Arc is really building up steam. Since it's fairly new I think spoiler tags may be necessary:
I think every one saw Luffy punching Saint Chalros from a million miles away, but I'm still not sure how the Straw Hats are going to get out of this mess; we all know what happened the last time they fought an Admiral head on. Rayleigh definitely will have something to do with it, but Oda always seems to surprise me with his twists.

Also, what is everyone's favorite arc so far? I'm a big fan of the Alabasta, Skypeia and Enies Lobby Arcs.
My favorite sagas were the Arabasta saga and probably Enies Lobby and the beggining Sagas were also really close (I loved Baratie and Arlong Park, even though Krieg pissed me off I liked everyone else in that part)

Are you using the English translations? Because I notice some of your spelling seems strange to me.

It's just... One Piece is so great and epic... but in English it blows so much...

It's not worth it to watch it in anything but Japanese.

Portgaz D. Trace? Kill me please... Why did they change his name from Ace to Trace?

:'(

Edit: to an older poster...

You were talking about the Shichibukai and you said you weren't sure what Moria and Crocodile wanted to do.

Crocodile wanted the secret weapon from the poneglyphs to have power over the world government, he wanted to rule and destroy to keep it simple.

Moria wanted to be Pirate King, he said it several times in the Thriller Bark saga.

or "arc"

Top Bottom