• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

One Piece

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
too much characters coming back , i dont really like that
At least we know who these characters are and he is introducing them again in an appropriate manner. Unlike some Mangaka's *COUGH* Kubo & Kishimoto *COUGH*

Minato

穏やかじゃない
At least we know who these characters are and he is introducing them again in an appropriate manner. Unlike some Mangaka's *COUGH* Kubo & Kishimoto *COUGH*
Agreed.

I'm really loving this arc. There hasn't been any serious one on one battles yet. It's all adventure like early Dragon Ball. Plus, the returning characters makes things really nostalgic.

I want the next chapter soon.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
Agreed.

I'm really loving this arc. There hasn't been any serious one on one battles yet. It's all adventure like early Dragon Ball. Plus, the returning characters makes things really nostalgic.

I want the next chapter soon.
Yea I'm loving this arc too. Every chapter feels like its building up to something big. Though i wounder what role
Croc
will play?

Vorguen

Smash Champion
I don't know... the Arabasta saga and many of the pre-Grand Line sagas as well as the conclusions of Enies Lobby and even Skypeia were Epic in the anime. I really have no idea how all the emotion could have been conveied through the manga. I know you are supposed to imagine it more like reading a book which often time is greater to the movies, but anyone here who has read Lord of the Rings and watched it knows that although the books may be better, the book doesn't give justice to the battle for helms deep in Two Towers.

Just the way I feel I suppose, I am kind of wondering what you guys could tell me about manga in general. I am not manga savvy. :/

Thino

Smash Master
I don't know... the Arabasta saga and many of the pre-Grand Line sagas as well as the conclusions of Enies Lobby and even Skypeia were Epic in the anime. I really have no idea how all the emotion could have been conveied through the manga. I know you are supposed to imagine it more like reading a book which often time is greater to the movies, but anyone here who has read Lord of the Rings and watched it knows that although the books may be better, the book doesn't give justice to the battle for helms deep in Two Towers.

Just the way I feel I suppose, I am kind of wondering what you guys could tell me about manga in general. I am not manga savvy. :/
true the manga doesnt give justice to the fight and animationg but stil , its just that the current arc became that awesome all of sudden

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
New Spoilers are out!

Luffy and Mr. 2 decide to make it down to Level 5 together and 2 wants to see some one down there. Hancock meets with Ace, Jinbei and Crocodile while all of the inmates become enthralled with her.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Spoilers FTW. If only the anime was that far, and no one has given me any conclusive evidence as to why manga pwns other than "it just does"

I want to give it a try, anyone know where I can find it?

drcossack

Smash Ace
Spoilers FTW. If only the anime was that far, and no one has given me any conclusive evidence as to why manga pwns other than "it just does"

I want to give it a try, anyone know where I can find it?
Anime: Youtube, at least until they get taken down.

Manga: OneManga is where I usually go, but I know I linked to another site a couple pages back. I'll look for it.

edit: found it:

Mangashare is the other site I went to, but I haven't been there recently.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
What part of the show are you on? Did you know about Narutowire before or did you just hear about it right now and try it out? lol
I was searching around on OV guide.com (anime section) and found it there. and i'm up to skypia in the anime. fully cought up in manga (starting from chapter 1)

Minato

穏やかじゃない
The anime did a great job on Enies Lobby. I was impressed.

Drawings resembled the manga a little more too in that arc.

§leepy God

Smash Master
I need to watch this more, ever since the US stop showing it, I stop watching it, then looked at the japanese one, (I hate reading subtitles though). Well, this is going to take a while since I'm on the 196 episode right now. D:

Well, at least I look at the manga. ^_^;

Vorguen

Smash Champion
The funny thing is I liked the art better way before Enies Lobby, they started changing it and it might have been that I was just used to it but I don't know. Enies Lobby was epic, the only thing I like better was Arabasta because of the HUGE build-up. It's funny because in Enies Lobby when the most epic battles are about to happen, they make you wait through like 8 episodes of fillers. It's like Ahhhh!!!! But it's so worth it when they are over.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
It's funny, I've always wanted to buy the One Piece DVDs since they're finally uncut and everything. The only thing that's stopping me is the terrible art on the cover (both US and JPN).

The manga's art is still the best. Especially the drawings Oda does for the cover.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
The art really isn't bad in the anime. Give it a try in Japanese, if by the time Sanji joins the crew you don't love it, then stop. :p
I've watched the anime up until the end of Enies Lobby already. I'm just curious as to why the art on the DVDs almost look like screenshots or something.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
The funny thing is I liked the art better way before Enies Lobby, they started changing it and it might have been that I was just used to it but I don't know. Enies Lobby was epic, the only thing I like better was Arabasta because of the HUGE build-up. It's funny because in Enies Lobby when the most epic battles are about to happen, they make you wait through like 8 episodes of fillers. It's like Ahhhh!!!! But it's so worth it when they are over.
they don't have fillers when the anime starts from were the manga left off. (hopefully that made since) And if they do add fillers its @ the very start of the arc

Shy Guy

BRoomer
BRoomer
That newest episode with Duval was pretty crazy, about to dl the subbed version now. :)

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Yeah, the subs are out. They finally revealed his face.
so I am guessing since he looks like Sanji, it will be Sanji who faces him. That leads me to believe this isn't going to be a very big saga, or am I wrong?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Yeah, the subs are out. They finally revealed his face.
so I am guessing since he looks like Sanji, it will be Sanji who faces him. That leads me to believe this isn't going to be a very big saga, or am I wrong?
Just enjoy the ride. This is just the start of a really good arc.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
I didn't understand you to be honest. Are you saying the anime or the manga didn't have fillers?
When the arabasta arc began it started off with a couple of fillers. and after those fillers was done the arc went all the way through. and its probably the same with enis lobby.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Alright, it's just.... it's so slow with one episode a week!

More episodes need to come out now!
Remember, if episodes come out too soon, a whole lot of filter's will help ruin the show because it will be close to the manga, (look's at Bleach).

Top Bottom