• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

One Piece

drcossack

Smash Ace
I think he just scared the wolves
I love how
the wolves have the Rinnegan. Is that why they're so **** strong?

I mainly read the manga, though I'll watch the anime from time to time. I like the Supernovas, so I've been watching the latest subbed eps.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Just noticed Luffy also used his Haki in the anime. episode 389
Really? Hmm, I must go look for it then.

Other than that, I'm rather sad that they didn't show an episode this week. Also, I'm falling behind when it come's to looking at the manga again. I don't know, I guess I'll catch up again since I'm a few weeks behind.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
Really? Hmm, I must go look for it then.

Other than that, I'm rather sad that they didn't show an episode this week. Also, I'm falling behind when it come's to looking at the manga again. I don't know, I guess I'll catch up again since I'm a few weeks behind.
At least you will have more than 1 epic chapter to read :chuckle:

I'm jealous :urg:

~Zack~

Smash Journeyman
Could anyone link me to a good site where there are one piece episodes?
I just got done watching where luffy beats the second warlord and then the third warlord appears o.O
but the site i go to, thats where the anime stops =[

strawhats

Smash Master
I just read it the new chapter loads of omedy and the story is even more interesting now.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
This sure was... a strange chapter.
Oda's creeping me out.

And I hate how Oda's teasing us by having characters like Zoro and Nami show up, but they're really Bon Clay.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Ahh, yeah! I underestimated the anime. Pretty good, and I like the music!

Follows the manga VERY well, just at a slower pace. But I love it.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I like the One Piece anime.
They pulled it off really well.

The only thing I don't like about the anime (which I maybe have mentioned earlier in this thread) is that the artwork doesn't look that good compared to the manga.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Haha, yeah, definitely. They look tall/skinny and their movements are really stiff and weird. But yeah, it's the artwork and the pacing of the manga that makes it superior.

That's the main reason people are turned off from the onepiece anime... its art isn't up to par with other animes that are visually much more impressive to watch.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
The new chapter wasn't too bad.
I have to admit, I was a little worried about the whole situation.

Can't wait until next week's chapter.

As for the anime, I liked the animation and drawings during the CP9 arc.
I thought that arc was the most faithful to the original artwork if I remember correctly.

drcossack

Smash Ace
I liked it too, even though it was mostly dialogue. I've been going between "meh, this sucks" and "holy ****, THIS IS AWESOME" with the current arc.
Luffy's probably using Gear 2nd at this point, which would speed up his healing. Maybe he'll also gain conscious control of his haki? It's been hinted at as being related to willpower.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Luffy's willpower alone has already exceeded everyone's expectations. The only reason he surprises the people with prestige and strength is because his will power impresses them. Regardless of what techniques he used while in that room, it came as no surprise to me that he would come out early. His friendship with his crew and Mr. 2, and his will to save his brother bolster his strength to exceed anything.

EDIT: AHHHH SOMEONE BUMP THIS THREAD!

THE NEW CHAPTER WAS AMAZING!!

Minato

穏やかじゃない
This week's chapter was just too good.

I'm sad that there's no One Piece next week. :(

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
The suspense is killing me now. It sucks that there's no One Piece next week, but I have no qualms with giving Oda-sensei his time. He's a genius.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
Things are picking up.

its sad that theres no new chapter next week.
But it dont matter ill just read hitman reborn in the meantime. :dizzy:

Top Bottom