• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

One Piece

-NEOLINK-

Smash Journeyman
Wow translations were finished quick this week.
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/523/
Nice, Nami and Franky got sent to places that are gonna help them a lot, while Sanji got sent to a um.... interesting place. Kuma is pretty awesome for sending them to places where they'll benefit and get stronger.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Poor Sanji. This isn't an island he wanted to go to.

Too bad he couldn't swap with Luffy.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'm surprised I haven't seen this thread even ONCE.

I <3 One Piece...alot...
alot, alot.

And the new episode this Sunday was pretty **** epic. Zoro is such a bad-***.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Oh my ****. Did anyone catch the raw of the One Piece 377? Yeah, that was pretty much the best ep of One Piece ever as well as among my favorite anime episodes period...Right up there with Cowboy Bebop's finale. It was cinematic, very well drawn, colored, and animated...Just done perfectly. Can't wait for the sub.
I just watched a bit of the episode, because you got me hopeful about it. I am not sure how you could say it was well animated.

Way too many "freezes" in action scenes. Plenty of drawn out reaction shots that only served to waste time, and most of them were against speedline backgrounds rather than actual drawn backgrounds. Lots of pan&scan on images with no or very limited movement. When things were moving, they did so stifly.

I love the One Piece manga, and I have no problem with you loving the anime, but I don't understand how you can say it was well animated. It just objectively wasn't.

drcossack

Smash Ace
Wow translations were finished quick this week.
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/523/
Nice, Nami and Franky got sent to places that are gonna help them a lot, while Sanji got sent to a um.... interesting place. Kuma is pretty awesome for sending them to places where they'll benefit and get stronger.
So much "action" in the chapter. Kizaru captured 500 pirates? wtf. I'm sure Drake/Hawkins/Apoo/Urouge (and crews) were included in that since they got pwned hard, but that still leaves the other 5. From what we saw, Bonnie and Capone were just taking on Marines; Law, Kidd, and Killer got stuck with one of the Pacifista.

Poor Sanji. Drag-Queen Island.

Still, I wonder what happened to Zoro, Chopper, Robin, and Brook. Chopper's out of Monster Point by now, though idk where he would end up going. Also, where would Robin and Brook get sent to?

I'm going to talk about Zoro separately since I want to try quoting Sengoku (from page 10)

"Now we have six of the Shichibukai. One more left."

Can't believe they got Mihawk to go to this, and I wonder how Moria recovered so quickly. Was he Kuma'd? If that's the case, who (if anyone) was the pain put in? If I had to guess, Kuma doesn't HAVE to put the pain in another person - he just did that because of the deal with Zoro.

Zoro...idk. I can see him being interested in ID if he finds out that Mihawk is there. I'd like to see how he does against him now - while I'm sure Mihawk will still beat him, it won't be completely one-sided like it was on the Baratie.

Also: JINBEI SILHOUETTE! The ****'s going to hit the fan real soon.

Chok: ty, didn't think about it.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Perhaps you should put spoiler tags drcossack.

to Minato: lol, if Sanji went where luffy went, he would've definitely died via stone

Minato

穏やかじゃない
So, if the One Piece anime is still running, does anyone know where? Is it just in the eastern hemisphere?
I think the US has it on Cartoon Network. Not sure though.

I wonder how the other characters are doing.

@Choknater, you're probably right XD

drcossack

Smash Ace
I think the US has it on Cartoon Network. Not sure though.

It was removed for a few weeks (not sure on this) and replaced by the Funimation dub, but it didn't last too long. CN stopped the Anime right as Enel got introduced.

I'm not sure how much advertising the Funi dub got though.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
They all seem to relate to their character some how. Chances are Zoro got sent to an island with a famous swordsman or the like.

Also, I'm betting the famous genius on the island Franky landed on is Vegapunk.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
They're building Vegapunk so much in One Piece. I wonder what Oda has in store for him.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
Loving the early spoilers!

We learn where everyone landed (Zoro and Perona end up in the same place). Hancock really enjoys Luffy's company. The Shichibukai come together, including my favorite (points at avatar). And Garp tells Ace that nothing will stop Whitebeard from attacking.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
Loving the early spoilers!

We learn where everyone landed (Zoro and Perona end up in the same place). Hancock really enjoys Luffy's company. The Shichibukai come together, including my favorite (points at avatar). And Garp tells Ace that nothing will stop Whitebeard from attacking.
Im so excited XD.
but i didnt mean to read that spoiler but i did =/.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I finally had the chance to read this chapter. Man, this was a good chapter.

I didn't think Perona and Zoro would be on the same island. Heck, I actually forgot about Perona.

Oh, and poor Chopper. Always treated as food rations.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Amazing chapter, as always. The plot is really boiling now...

Does anyone think the plot will go much further than this or no? It seems that the story is really encompassing all the strongest people in the world now... It seems like the villains from now on will be world class. However, Luffy has a long way to go before becoming Pirate King.
Maybe all these adventures from the crew being on separate islands will lead to some sort of conclusion? Hahah, I don't know. I really don't want One Piece to end.
Any opinions?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I don't want One Piece to end either. It's gotten so good.

I'm pretty sure Oda has a lot left under his sleeve, but it's still hard to tell how close we're at the end of One Piece.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Yeah. It's kinda weird to me to because Naruto and Bleach are also in the same boat. The current villains are so strong that it requires the strongest characters in the whole series to fight them. All the Soul Society captains fighting arrancar, whitebeard's war with the government and shichibukai, the akatsuki going all out in konoha... It's a very exciting time for Shonen Jump comic fans... exciting yet strangely sad to feel these series coming to an end.

Just speculation though, you never know.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Bleach will probably last another few years due to the negative chapters.

But once Bleach, Naruto, and One Piece ends, Jump is going to go through another dark age unless something pops up.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
I remember that once during the Enies Lobby arc, a reader asked Oda how long the manga will continue and he said it was about half done, in terms of story.

Icy_Eagle

Smash Journeyman
I remember that once during the Enies Lobby arc, a reader asked Oda how long the manga will continue and he said it was about half done, in terms of story.
Yeah, Oda is supposedly heading for 1000 chapters, lol. Also, IIRC, Kubo (Bleach writer) said in an interview he isn't expecting Bleach to end soon.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Well then, that's really good to hear. I expect to grow up with this story, it's too amazing :).

tehyoshi

Smash Cadet
I have seen a little of the FUNimation dub, but not much. That said it was much better than the 4Kids one.

On a side note: new chapter this week! :)

4kids obviously didn't take the show very seriously, they used One Piece's colorful art and cartoon-i-ness to make it into another spongebob , which is why noobs thinks One Piece is "gay"

Funimation dub is to late, that's how it should have been to begin with, Cartoon Network can make freaking Naruto famous, something that has already been simply thrown out by American people will not be resurrected that easily by simply making a better dub.

I'm on about episode 377 In the Anime. (the end of the zombie island for you manga dudes)
and pretty soon I'm going to be caught up T.T dammit.

One Piece is easily one of the greatest Animes/Mangas.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
1000 chapters, huh? That's a lot of chapters.

At least the manga will have a conclusion unlike other certain long manga.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I think Oda-sensei had an ending in mind even before he started the manga. That's what it says on wiki at least, xD.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
Chapter 525 Spoiler!

Ace and Luffy have the same father (Dragon), but different mothers. Ace's mother was named Portgas. Buggy and Alvida try to reach Impel Down but are blocked by a Sea King of some sort. Hancock and Luffy reach Impel Down and sneak in.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Hahahaha man... guys. I'm reading this new manga called Fairy Tail, and it's cool.

The only thing is...

Mashima Hiro's art style is almost IDENTICAL to Eiichiro Oda's. Hahahah, it's funny to read because of the art style. It's like, wth? How the hell did it get so similar. They must've worked together or something.

Top Bottom