• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

One Piece

Thino

Smash Master
well maybe I missed a flashbackabout it , but Dragon must have really shaken the pirate , to have the news that Luffy is his son to cause such an uproar

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I liked this week's chapter as well. That speculation sure was an interesting read. I never realized how connected everything was. Goes to show that Oda can make a deep story without going off track or making it convoluted.

Strawhat64

Smash Ace
OOHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
OHHHHH...THIS IS GOING TO BE NASTYYYYYYYY!!!!!!
Luffy CAN'T DIE!!!!!
Marco will let luffy heal!!!!!
Nastyyyyy!!!

God tier helping luffy @_@ whatt!!!?

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
i don't think this is right but for some reason i think
crocodile might be whitebeards son
but i think i am wrong

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
i don't think this is right but for some reason i think
crocodile might be whitebeards son
but i think i am wrong

Lol that would be funny
Maybe
White beard stopped him sometime in the past

what gave u that idea.

and do u guys predict any other deaths besides (Aces)

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
i have no reason behind it but my thoughts were
1: the way he calls whitebeard old man feels like the way someone calls there dad old man in mangas/anime. 2: ivan or whatever he/she name is said something about crocs weakness and i feel its that he does not want to be known as whitebeards son especially since he is not nearly as successful.
but once again i feel i am most likely wrong but its a feeling i get (it would be awesome if i was right)

Also predicting deaths in one piece is hard b/c people who seem to die show up on later chapters covers alive and fine so no guesses at least for now

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
i have no reason behind it but my thoughts were
1: the way he calls whitebeard old man feels like the way someone calls there dad old man in mangas/anime. 2: ivan or whatever he/she name is said something about crocs weakness and i feel its that he does not want to be known as whitebeards son especially since he is not nearly as successful.
but once again i feel i am most likely wrong but its a feeling i get (it would be awesome if i was right)

Also predicting deaths in one piece is hard b/c people who seem to die show up on later chapters covers alive and fine so no guesses at least for now
almost Everyone in WB Crew calls old man or pops.

True but this arc seems different.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
almost Everyone in WB Crew calls old man or pops.

True but this arc seems different.
true but
but croc is not part of his crew. But maybe he was part of that crew once thats possible. like i said i am probably wrong and have no real bases for what i am saying just a feeling i get.

now about people dying: you are right people here will die but guessing who out of everyone there would be tough plus we might not of met everyone yet. like oz jr showed up and died really fast we might have more of that. nameless marines re dying and moria tried to take advantage of that. But if i had to guess i would say at least one major figure on both sides will die. so maybe whitebeard or ace/ the top admiral with bird on his head (bad with names) or a normal admiral. maybe garp will die saving luffy. as the arc goes on i will try to make better guesses.

also my other thought to what ivan knows about croc that is a secret is he was originally a woman. but it might just be were he got his scar

lastly it seems to me who ever wins the real winners will be dragon and his army will come out on top because the marines will be greatly weakened

i wrote more then i expected :)

Alzi

Smash Master
He also smiles like him. ;)

I don't know but there is somthing fishy about those two and no it's not Jimbei hahahaha.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
i have another thought
ace can't die. this b/c if he dies the battle going on right now wont end till one side is almost completely killed off. This cant happen b/c it would change the power in that world to much and greatly lower luffy's and crews obstacles (hawkeye would be killed off and zoro would not get to fight him). Thats why i don't think he can be killed it would mess to much stuff up. On the other hand if Ace is saved i feel whitebeard and allies will retreat from the battle field and world powers will be left in tact.

Also whitebeard might have an easy win b/c most of the (whatever you call the group hawkeye and blackbeard are in don't know how to spell name) most of them are on luffy's side or at least not on the marines side which could be the big power shift in this battle.
of course this is a very hard manga to predict so who knows

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
New Spoilers are out!

Luffy and Smoker fight. Luffy's attacks have no affect. Hancock gets mad and attacks Smoker (hitting him with her haki). Ivankov fights with Kuma and tries to talk to him but Kuma doesn't respond. Doflamingo says he doesn't know what Ivankov's relation to Kuma is... but the Kuma he/she knows is all ready dead. Whitebeard fights alongside Buggy because he's not a threat and Ace decides to accept whatever fate comes to him.

Alzi

Smash Master
I read the spoilers but thats as far as i am reading :p.

I am just going to wait until the chapter is out so when i read it, it becomes more epic.

I really want to see a huge huge plot twist already.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
The kuma That sent the strawhats flying is dead? or he has been this was never the real tyrant kuma?

lol If Luffy knew how to use his haki he could of beat smoker pretty **** fast. maybe when the war is over someone will tell Luffy what it actually is. and i had a good laugh @ seeing hancock make that funny face:laugh:

And its about time we made it to ZORO cover pages:chuckle:

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Interesting twist...

It makes me wonder if Doflamingo has anything to do with Vegapunk and the Pacifista project... Or maybe he just has that evil smirk because he thinks it's funny that Kuma's dead and just wants to state a fact to Ivankov.. Yeah, that's probably it.

Kuma dead... yeah, it raises some questions. Was the paw Kuma not the real Kuma? Or did the paw Kuma die between the scuffle at Shabondy Archipelago and the current battle with Whitebeard? This takes me back to the whispering conversation that Kuma had with Rayleigh... Maybe he planned to do something but died in the process? Unless, of course, that wasn't the real one.

Or perhaps... The "Tyrant" Kuma kinda died and was reborn again by Vegapunk in a Darth Vader-like transformation from human to cyborg, and his personality was changed in the process? Perhaps the paw Kuma really is just an experimentation with cyborg and devil fruit technology. The paw Kuma does seem to have a bit of personality unlike the others, though... Ahhhh~

Speculation is fun, haha.

Also, that tombstone speculation would definitely make sense.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
paw kuma is the real one. its just that he is "dead" b/c he is more robot then human or the think they changed his personality when they made him a robot so he is a new person so the old one is dead.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
paw kuma is the real one. its just that he is "dead" b/c he is more robot then human or the think they changed his personality when they made him a robot so he is a new person so the old one is dead.
then if he was so brain washed and more robot than human y is it he sent the strawhats flying instead of kill them

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
well what i ment is that the government thinks he is brainwashed or whatever but he is faking it or has some sense of his old self

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
or what if he really is dead? lol

edit: oh wait. i was thinking that the paw kuma was not at the battle, but instead one of the laser-firing pacifista types.

but i remember kuma DID use a paw type move to create an explosion against oars jr. hm...

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
its kinda annoying that no one has taught luffy how to control his haki. how is he suppose to beat people he can't hit? haki evens the playing field.

so it seems haki can hit people like smoker, so why can't whitebeards Lt hurt the admiral who turns into light? to be as strong as he is he must know how to use it

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
he hasn't had any time lol

he has used it in against duval's hog, the kuja pirates, impel down against wolves, and probably some other times. he doesn't even know what haki is, and it seems that it's something that has to be learned rather than taught. it seems to be just a burst of energy from just a presence, something that shanks just exudes and rayleigh can do effortlessly. luffy only uses it when he has a burst of anger, and he has the same kind of haki as gol d. roger. he probably doesn't even know what it does...

but in the world of one piece, man creates his own fate. when luffy really wants something to happen, he gets angry, and his haki somes out. through his determination he's going to achieve his fate : )

remember that even if knowing how to use haki would aid him in the battlefield, he usually really doesn't care much about the battle itself, but what he is trying to achieve by winning. he probably doesn't care about haki at all, especially because he doesn't know what it is

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
so it seems haki can hit people like smoker, so why can't whitebeards Lt hurt the admiral who turns into light? to be as strong as he is he must know how to use it
Marco did hit one of the admirals, Kizaru. However, once he hit him and Kizaru flew towards the ground, there is nothing stopping him from turning back into light.

And I don't think it is something that every can get. The reason the strong people have it is because the haki is what helped to make them strong. This is the reason we never saw any one in the first 7 arcs use it (besides Shanks, who is a Yonkou). But now we have Rayleigh, WB (when he deflected all of Ace's attacks), Hancock, and (likely) Marco using it and others knowing about it (Blackbeard and Smoker). Luffy has the king's haki, but as choknator pointed out, he doesn't even know what it is. For all he knows, sometimes when he gets really mad and screams or gives off his "I'm pissed" look it psyches other people out. I'm positive he'll eventually learn what it is but at the moment he has no idea.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
i just think hancock must of had some time on the island to teach him. you would think she would want to since it would help him out and get her closer to him.

i think everyone can use some form of haki its all about unlocking it. the reason none of the really strong enemies have been able to use it so far is b/c they rely on there fruits power to much and not there own strength, unlike luffy who would not be any different even without his fruit powers.

i don''t know i just feel thats its about time he learns how to use it. If there was anytime/place to use haki now in the giant battle is the time and place.

Also did marco use it on the admiral i must of missed it my bad sometimes on the scans its hard to tell whats going on on a big fight

Thino

Smash Master
I think if he had learnt how to use haki in the meantime , it wouldn't have been overlooked , right now I agree with other people saying that he doesnt know what it is and only uses it when he's mad and personally I don't expect him to learn how to use it anytime soon , even in this big battle.

Alzi

Smash Master
Read the chapter.

Luffy's haki is coming. We never expected a gear 2nd from luffy until he suddenly pulled it off in a match. Same with his gear 3rd.

So his haki will come at the right time. I don't think it would of been that great seeing luffy hit smoker with his haki i want to see him use his haki on someone more we will have a omg face on us when he does.

Smart move by whitebeard in this chapter and intresting to note that sengoku is on the left of ace and garp is on the right of ace i wonder what will happen once luffy reaches the platform.

Kuma.. I think there is the real Kuma inside of him but somthing is stopping him from becoming himself again. Looks like Hancock has chosen her side also and Jimbei just showed us ****.

Lol at buggy man he always makes me laugh.

Yeah but i really see Luffy's haki coming in the last minute fast and quick then running off with ace while whitebeard's allies all make a massive wall stopping the WG from approaching and trying to stop luffy.

The reason i know his haki will come soon is because after punching smoker and his punches just went through him he will finally realise that he can't always depend on his devil fruit as one devil fruit can have an advantage over the other. Smoker said somthing along the lines that luffys fruit is useless so i hope it put some sense into him.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
thino i am a little confused if that post was directed at what i said b/c i never said he knew how to use haki or that it had been over looked.

alzi you bring up some good points but before he used his gears didn't he say something like he had something new to try. But i will say luffy does love to try new things in the middle of a fight (i.e. water luffy fighting croc) so you are right he might just figure it out seeing how he can't hurt smoker, and of course he has allies on the battle field he would like to protect so you are right there is a good chance he will use it in this battle

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
its kinda annoying that no one has taught luffy how to control his haki. how is he suppose to beat people he can't hit? haki evens the playing field.

i agree i wish he could control his haki too. hopefully he can by the end of tbis arc

Thino

Smash Master
thino i am a little confused if that post was directed at what i said b/c i never said he knew how to use haki or that it had been over looked.
maybe I misunderstood your post , it was because you mentioned something about Hancock teaching him how to use it.

but anyway I still dont think he will learn it in middle of this battle since , unlike gear 2nd , we see it coming , he used it many times without knowing so I fear that it will be something more progressive than that , Logias have always been fearsome enemies for Luffy (except Enel) , him being suddenly able to defeat them that easily wouldnt be fun

Jonas

Smash Champion
Smoker is just one of the many foes on this battlefield Luffy doesn't really stand a chance against.

Luffy usually turns out to be the strongest character in every arc, but it's been changing lately. Now there are even guys who are on the same side as Luffy who are much stronger. I kinda like that change :p
It's not like Dragon Ball that just gets totally predictable and Goku is like THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Yea thino i was just saying Hancock should of taught him. Also logias would be broken if not for haki most logias don't seem to have a weakness besides the ocean rock thing which luffy does not use so for luffy to be able to even fight these people he needs haki.

Also if when luffy learns to control haki does not mean he will be the strongest. other fruit powers will still be able to hurt him plus there are plenty of strong people in the one piece world to give him a challenge so it should not be dbz like were he is the strongest without a doubt.

Lastly zoro needs to get stronger, he started off around equal to luffy now they are no were close. i hope wherever kuma sent him will help increase his power so there is no longer a huge gap between luffy and him.

Top Bottom