• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

One Piece

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
Yea thino i was just saying Hancock should of taught him. Also logias would be broken if not for haki most logias don't seem to have a weakness besides the ocean rock thing which luffy does not use so for luffy to be able to even fight these people he needs haki.

Also if when luffy learns to control haki does not mean he will be the strongest. other fruit powers will still be able to hurt him plus there are plenty of strong people in the one piece world to give him a challenge so it should not be dbz like were he is the strongest without a doubt.

Lastly zoro needs to get stronger, he started off around equal to luffy now they are no were close. i hope wherever kuma sent him will help increase his power so there is no longer a huge gap between luffy and him.
I don't think Haki is a thing that can be taught to someone, and I'm sure Luffy will learn how to use it by himself in due time.

Logias have a few weaknesses

Croc= Water
And Heck Smoker can't fight Ace, their powers cancel each other out.

Buggy going to be the new pirate king >_>

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Hancock hasn't mastered King's haki herself:

Neither does she know how well Luffy can control it. Nor did they have any time to talk about it: immediately after the fight Hancock became sick and they left on the marine ship after that.

And Luffy will not be close to the strongest for a long, long time, which is one of the reasons I like One Piece so much. I could pull off 20 names right now that are much stronger than Luffy:

Whitebeard
Marco
Joz
Kuma
Doflamingo
Mihawk
Hancock
Jinbei
Kizaru
Aoikiji
Akainu
Garp
Shanks
Ace
Blackbeard
Magellan
Kaidou
Smoker
Sentoumaru
Rayleigh​

And that's a conservative estimate. A lot of those names will get knocked down by other big names and Luffy will assuredly get help from others. Yes, he has the King's haki, but I'm certain most of the other big names do as well (Blackbeard, Whitebeard, etc). He isn't special in that regard and is still a small fry. He doesn't have a well of unlimited power like other typically manga heroes or unleash some new incredible power up.

And Zoro will get stronger, but he won't be Luffy's equal. Same goes for Sanji and other the other crewmates that aren't captains of their own ships.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
well even if you can't teach haki you can explain it so someone could understand it and maybe from that learn to use it. Hancock has not mastered using the kings (or in her case queen) haki yet but has she mastered using haki that does not nock people out?

Also it has been a long time since i read the women island arc did they not mention haki to luffy and he did not know what they were talking about b/c i thought that did happen but might be remembering wrong.

Hancock was sick when luffy was not around her but when he was she felt better.

I am guessing naming who is stronger then luffy was not towards me b/c i said luffy was not the strongest but if it was to me then i am just clarifying that i do not think he is the strongest.

Kirbywiz its true some logia like croc have a weakness like water but most don't seem to have a weakness. The admiral who turns into light for example, maybe aoikiji (he is the ice one right) has no weakness or if he does it might be fire but still someone like luffy can't hurt him.

i know zoro will never be as strong as luffy again but he is so much weaker then him right ow. look at the cp9 arc the person luffy beat was nearly if not twice as strong as the one zoro beat. zoro in that arc was closer to sanji's strength then luffy i mean sanji is strong but zoro should be clearly stronger then him. another example (though not as good) is that luffy has beat 2 of the shichibukai while zoro lost badly to the two he fought. zoro should be able to protect the crew while luffy is away but right now he seems unable to do so and needs luffy to save him almost as much as the others do. This is why he needs to get a lot stronger.

john!

Smash Hero
Sanji is supposed to be about as strong as Zoro, otherwise the rivalry wouldn't be as funny. I don't know where you got this idea of Zoro being second in command... there is no hierarchy in the crew other than captain, and even he gets bossed around by his crew sometimes.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
It's not a strict chain of command, but everyone on the crew has a role: Sanji is the cook, Nami the Navigator, Franky the shipwright, Robin the archaeologist, Chopper the doctor, etc. Zoro's position is first mate. Yes, he doesn't boss any one around or act like one, but that is his position: Luffy's right hand man.

This is paralleled with Captain Kidd and Killer: strong captain and first mate.

Alzi

Smash Master

john9blue i agree with how Sanji has to be just below Zoro but i think in the end there bountys sanji will be 1 off Zoro's which will be lol.

Logia is a element every element i think does have some kind of weakness. Even if you did have Haki it would be hard to defeat a logia.

I have a feeling Zoro will find a new sword somewhere were he has been landed. As for Usop i really think he has eaten a devil fruit while on his island. Since all he did was eat alot of fruits on that island and he got fat so i am thinking he is going to return with a devil fruit power.

I am also guessing that Blackbeard is the strongest Logia out of the whole lot. He defeated a logia himself which is ment to be almost impossible to do.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
heck i bet there are few logia users that could even beat jimbei

perhaps eneru, kizaru

is whitebeard a logia? lol. i dont know what he is. but yea he could beat jimbei. jimbei is too good though.

i like powerful non-fruit users.

"you can never be a pirate if you don't know how to swim!!" - shanks

Virgilijus

BRoomer
Whitebeard isn't a logia, he's paramacia (as I doubt there is a "quake" element ;)).

And yes, Jinbei is incredibly strong: Ace was strong enough to be offered into the Shichibukai, defeated Doma (a new world captain) and was known throughout the world as one of Whitebeard's 2nd in command. And he only got stronger since then. I love how Jinbei didn't hesitate at all going against Moria. Definitely coolest fishman.

On a related note, that also shows just how strong Blackbeard is. Ace is universally known as a top tier pirate likely near admiral level or right there (I'm basing this on Marco's strength) and he fought evenly with Jinbei for five days. Then he gets stronger, goes after Blackbeard with all his anger and might... and Blackbeard defeats him then and there. Not only that, but Blackbeard scared Shanks long ago in a fight Shanks admits was on equal footing. Now he's coming from Impel Down with his crew, a new member that is (supposedly) just as strong as Magellan and likely some other person or thing that he set out to find there. That and he understands and can sense Haki.

I expect him to cause quite a ruckus when he reaches the fray :evil:

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
Whitebeard isn't a logia, he's paramacia (as I doubt there is a "quake" element ;)).

And yes, Jinbei is incredibly strong: Ace was strong enough to be offered into the Shichibukai, defeated Doma (a new world captain) and was known throughout the world as one of Whitebeard's 2nd in command. And he only got stronger since then. I love how Jinbei didn't hesitate at all going against Moria. Definitely coolest fishman.

On a related note, that also shows just how strong Blackbeard is. Ace is universally known as a top tier pirate likely near admiral level or right there (I'm basing this on Marco's strength) and he fought evenly with Jinbei for five days. Then he gets stronger, goes after Blackbeard with all his anger and might... and Blackbeard defeats him then and there. Not only that, but Blackbeard scared Shanks long ago in a fight Shanks admits was on equal footing. Now he's coming from Impel Down with his crew, a new member that is (supposedly) just as strong as Magellan and likely some other person or thing that he set out to find there. That and he understands and can sense Haki.

I expect him to cause quite a ruckus when he reaches the fray :evil:
Well let's not forget that BB devil fruit still allows him to take damage, so yeah he has the brains, strength, and heck even stamina >_>

Wow Moria sure can take a beating, and he won't be able to do **** as long as Jinbei keeps his zombies at bay.

Alzi

Smash Master
Blackbeard is clearly the main bad guy in the series. A showdown between Straw Hat pirates against Blackbeard pirates i think will come by some day.

Blackbeards crew is very strong now that they got that swordsman from impel down. Imo he wasn't even trying so hard against Ace he kept laughing and enjoying the battle with a evil smile throughout the whole fight. He didn't want to kill ace completly as he wanted him as a nakama. I can image Blackbeard saying to luffy "be my nakama" and luffy giving him a reply of "stfu you *******" :p

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
i think kuma sent all the straw hats to places were they could get stronger but some of them i don't understand like robin. i don't think zoro will get a new sword i think he will get over his memory of the dmg kuma did to him so he wont pass out anymore, maybe doing this will make his spirit stronger or something and he might learn haki. i don't think ussop will eat a fruit to make him stronger b/c i remember hearing oda will keep him week so the readers can relate to a non super being. Most of the other members r obvious like nami and franky, i forgot were chopper is, sanji might learn gay karate like #2 or just make his fighting style stronger, brook idk maybe just get stronger fighting the long arm tribe.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol man... get ***** moria

first gets beaten by a yonkou

then some rookie crew

then a fellow shichibukai

get wrecked

Alzi

Smash Master

I think Sanji will become much faster from all the running he is doing from those ugly girls :p.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
since there is awhile till the next chapter i have a question i wanted to bring up, also a statement i want to say

The question:
so what do you think happened to all the supernova's thats were beaten and most likely arrested? i thought they would show up in the last arc but didn't. it would be kinda anticlimactic if luffy never comes in conflict which most of them

The statement:
i think when oda shows you characters from the past who you think are dead and who most likely wont have any part in the future story are alive it kinda ruins the story a little bit. like the eagle guy from alabaster (sorry if misspelled) he was blown up by a huge *** bomb and then we find out that he was lived i mean the bomb blast was ****ing huge and he lived. i mean one point oda seems to try to get across is how dangerous there lives can be but if you can survive a bomb that could take out a city at point blank range there seems to be no such thing as danger in the one piece world. I know its fiction and you are suppose to suspend your disbelief but there's a limit to that.
(well at least i don't have to believe the main character is a ninja who were bright orange and goes around yelling how he will be the best ninja all the time when he should be more ninja like i mean who would read something like that) jk

Virgilijus

BRoomer
New Spoilers are out!

Hancock saves Luffy and gives him the keys to Ace's handcuffs. Luffy hugs her and she passes out from pleasure, but the marines think he defeated her. Smoker tries to stop him. Doflamingo tells Ivankov that Kuma has fully become a cyborg now and that the original Kuma no longer exists. Ivankov says he/she will fight all out now. Croc is near Mr. 1 and kill some pirates. Joz body slams Croc and bloodies him up. Doflamingo, the most awesome guy ever, comes by and tells Croc they should team up against Joz. Luffy is blocked by Mihawk.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
well choknater you win how could i of missed the manliness factor good call explains everything (the manliness factor in the one piece world in huge) :)

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Everyone I see one piece from scrolling through the main page of smashboards, it's always Chok.

I think I read up to volume 7 or 8 but then I stopped cause the anime crushed me. ):

§leepy God

Smash Master
Everyone I see one piece from scrolling through the main page of smashboards, it's always Chok.

I think I read up to volume 7 or 8 but then I stopped cause the anime crushed me. ):
That doesn't sound to good, what happen? D:

Also, I feel for the spoiler again. T_T

Alzi

Smash Master
I am not spoiling myself this week once again.

The chapter was so good last week since i didn't spoil myself. This chapter better be filled with awesome.

-NEOLINK-

Smash Journeyman
I'm excited for the Zoro ep. Did anyone notice that apparently Robin is important enough to take up a lot more time in the newest ep? What I am amazed at though however, is how they were able to come up with so much extra stuff to make those episodes actually last. I mean seriously being able to churn up those eps from a couple of images is pretty amazing.
Btw, Chok, what is up with your posts?

Brawl FC: 1977-1957-8573

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha. i haven't given into those for months.

i read one piece wiki today for a while again ahahaha i love reading all the history and character bios and info on the one piece world <333

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
i was just watching the recent episode that tells what sani has been doing. Anyway maybe i am being a bit immature but when he is lying on Elizabeth's lap the first thing he says is "i can feel something" and i thought that was pretty funny (i might be to old to think thats funny i.e not a teenager)

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
I read the spoilers on youtube.
I really wish i hadn't =(

This thread post is about to pass the naruto thread in post =)

Haha cant w8 for next week YET AGAIN
wonder if he would put up a fight or say something silly like "your spose to fight zoro" and ten avoids him somehow lol

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Good chapter.
Doflamingo and Crocodile teaming up. That'll be interesting. Wonder how far they'll help each other.
Also, no chapter next week makes me sad.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
didn't love this chapter but it did clear up whats going on with kuma. of course ivan is a miracle worker so he/she might be able to fix him. Also i like what happened with hancock "he used a sumo move to defeat her"

to bad no chap next week but the cliffhanger at the end of this one should make the next chapter pretty good

Virgilijus

BRoomer
I don't think Ivankov can work a miracle on Kuma: he/she can control hormones, but Kuma is now all cyborg and effectively has no hormones. I love how Kuma's comment to Luffy ("We will never see each other again") became true through this revelation.

So old Kuma was working with Garp for some reason. He also willingly had all of himself (and his thoughts) replaced to turn into a machine. One must wonder what motivation he had for this...

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
The pacifistas remind me of sentinels from X-men.

Mihawk challenging Luffy eh? What an interesting twist! Crocodile, Ivankov, Hancock, and Jimbei are all preoccupied... Who's gonna help Luffy now? It was always his allies that saved him from a major threat so that he could keep running toward Ace...

Mr. 2 and Mr. 3 saved him from Magellan...
Jimbei defeated Moria...
Hancock hit Smoker out of the way...
Ivankov hit Kuma out of the way...
Joz is dealing with Doflamingo and Crocodile...

Ahh, but not ALL Luffy's allies... perhaps... Perhaps BUGGY could take on Mihawk!!! Buggy can't be cut!!!!

I doubt Luffy would be able to beat Mihawk. I don't think he's even come close to bridging that gap yet. Buggy would make sense :p I can never predict One Piece but if it does happen I can just say 'I called it' hahaha.

After he gets past Mihawk, who else is there standing in the way? Sengoku and the admirals... Luffy still does have Marco and Whitebeard on his side. Ahhh, the power level is going up as Luffy gets closer. Whitebeard's 1st and 3rd division commanders, ALL the shichibukai except Blackbeard, and ALL the escaped prisoners are in the fray now. Only Whitebeard and the admirals are left who are still sorta watching from the sidelines. They are the top tier and I'm sure it's gonna come down to the wire soon after they join the fight.

So epic...

Virgilijus

BRoomer
That would be hysterical if Buggy some how got knocked in there and fought Mihawk. Not only would his followers go crazy, but as you said his power is completely anti swordsman. He couldn't win in the least, but the fact he could survive the strongest sword strikes in the world would definitely set him up as "some one who fought evenly with the Hawk Eyes!"

Marco is still around to protect him, but I think he will fight one of the admirals that will try to stop Luffy since he seems on par with them. I am thinking Luffy makes it to the platform and has a dialogue with Sengoku and/or Garp about Ace before something that blows my mind comes around.

Top Bottom