• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

One Piece

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lmao what was miss merry christmas' dream again?

she talked sooo funny

my back hurts
i said my back hurts!
back back hurt hurt
backhurt ba-

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha thats probably true... so i guess they werent bad people!! for the most part

if only their captain was someone more righteous than crocodile

oh well :p

like how robin only sides with powerful people to assure her safety in a way lol

seek that true history girl

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
I wish Robin would fight more: she has a situationally broken power (Aokiji even said she could have broken away from CP9 at any time) and mostly sits back and lets Luffy/Zoro/Sanji fight. I want her to take on some one like in Skypeia again :)

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
I wish Robin would fight more: she has a situationally broken power (Aokiji even said she could have broken away from CP9 at any time) and mostly sits back and lets Luffy/Zoro/Sanji fight. I want her to take on some one like in Skypeia again :)
Well as long as it isn't a far range weapon use, high speed, logia, or anything like Moria then she wins with a neck snap. Well unless her opponent can manage to damage the hand.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha yeah she's literally a time bomb waiting to happen

i read her one piece wiki recently

when she owned that guy yama in skypeia

no mercy, cuz he wrecked a piece of history

LoganW

Smash Journeyman
im currently watching code geass which is amazing and once im done i plan on going back to one piece which i used to be really into and haven't seen in a while

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
well one piece haha

i havent seen code geass but i heard its good haha

and flow-colors is a good song

LoganW

Smash Journeyman
agreed on the song.
im nearly done with code geass season 2 and then im off to watch one pice:)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha wow that was a great amv

i never watched that fight in the anime but man, it looked intense

strawhat crew is so amazing as a team. i miss them. their next all out battle after thriller bark, they lost

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
haha wow that was a great amv

i never watched that fight in the anime but man, it looked intense

strawhat crew is so amazing as a team. i miss them. their next all out battle after thriller bark, they lost
They would have been dead if Moria didn't take into many shadows. Then again he probably sucked in all those shadows, so they could all die by the morning sun. He just needed one more minutes >_>. . . . . .

I wonder how Perona, and Mr. Green Swordsman are doing.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
New Spoilers are out!

Luffy and company fall into the party. Everyone comments about the notorious Luffy. Crocodile immediately tries to attack Whitebeard, but Luffy stops him because he is friends with Ace. Luffy then tells Whitebeard he'll become the Pirate King and Whitebeard laughs. Kizaru asks Sengoku if he can kill them all and Sengoku says he can.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
but he lost because luffy was fated to win :) hehe

"aw, i wanted his soul! KISHISHISHISHISHISHI"

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
sweet! they got it up before onemanga

thanks for the link

edit:

wow, luffy...... d*mn....!!!

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
luffy stopping crocodile was a pleasant surprise

he even remembered to use water

such a good fighter. luffy hitting him is like 'yup, i surpassed you buddy. dont get in my way'

Virgilijus

BRoomer
Yeah, he's definitely past Crocodile now. Croc didn't even try to challenge him about it.

Also, I can't believe Doflamingo lied! Marshall D. Teach is not there... or is he?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I loved this chapter. Luffy and crew made quite the entrance. :laugh:
Can't wait to see what'll happen next week.

Motel Vacaville of the West

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOR!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
I'm glad in the anime they give more of detailed description on where the other Strawhats went when they separate, rather than the cover stories. So I'm super happy!:bee:

Can't wait to see what's in Vegapunk's old lab, hopefully they reveal it in episode 419.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
I feel Croc, and Luffy are still on even terms >_>.

But as long as Luffy has water he will always win, that or Iva tells Luffy about Croc's weakness.

This makes me wonder if we will get a new nakama this arc.

Buggy for next nakama :mad:

Virgilijus

BRoomer
New Spoilers are out!

Kuma shoots a laser at Ivankov. Ivankov dodges and whispers to him/herself "How dare you!! I understand you have to keep your position as a Shichibukai...
But geez, don't shoot lasers at an acquaintance like me for real!" Kuma is helping the Revolutionaries...which also leads to some very interesting theories! Luffy attacks a marine giant and goes all out. Whitebeard tells Marco to make sure Luffy doesn't die. Marco says he'll do it.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
The Garp Theory

Now, I cannot take all the credit for this: some one got the ball running on this at Arlong Park and I thought it was very well laid out.

Now, to begin we start at Saobody Archipelago. Luffy and crew are still wandering around and there hasn't been any trouble yet. The very first page of chapter 501 has an underling of Garp's come to tell him news.

The news is that Dark King Rayleigh, the first mate of Gold Roger, has been spotted in the archipelago. Being so closely associated with the Pirate King, he's still a very wanted man. But Garp tells the underling something interesting, "I'll handle this" and then something even more interesting, "Don't go telling any one else, Sengoku included!" Now this is very strange: Garp is a vice admiral and two ranks below Sengoku, the head of the marines, but says that he doesn't want Sengoku to know about this at all. This would be very atypical for the rigid order of the Marines. This will be explained later.

Then, at the end of Chapter 501, we see news spreading throughout Saobody:

Diez Drake reads that the Marines are planning to execute Ace, spurring a war with Whitebeard. This is the first time the public learns of the execution. However, since it is an order issued by the marines it most likely has been known by the high level Marines for a while. Garp, being a Hero of the Marines and frequently around Sengoku, most likely knew about this before hand.

So, we continue on. Luffy punches Charlos in the face. Uh oh. We see in chapter 504 what Sengoku thinks of the situation:

Sengoku shows no knowledge of Rayleigh being on the island, so Garp's order has bypassed him. We also see Kizaru tell Sengoku he will go deal with the situation himself. So we continue on down the line and Kizaru arrives at Saobody and beats up every Supernova he finds. Sentomaru, the Axe guy, also shows up and brings the PX models with him. They start having their way with the Strawhats and Kizaru is about to kill Zoro. Rayleigh shows up and saves him in his pajamas. Then, something unexpected happens:

Kuma appears! Why? Why the hell would Kuma appear? Kizaru and Sentomaru have no idea. Well, Kuma does something interesting when he arrives:

Kuma approaches Rayleigh and tells him something. Rayleigh's opinion is disbelief and Kuma says he's not sure if it will happen either. Then, Kizaru asks Kuma what he is doing and Kuma tells Kizaru he answers to the World Government, not the Marines, and won't tell him anything. Cold. Kuma then continues to paw swipe all of the Straw Hats and send them off the the corners of the world.

But we have to remember Garp! Garp said he would deal with Rayleigh. But, the only thing that did anything to Rayleigh was Kuma! Not Kizaru, not Sentomaru, and not the Marines. Kuma. Garp and Kuma have connection! This is very interesting! Now, what was Kuma telling Rayleigh? I can only speculate: maybe it was about the execution of Ace and the war with Whitebeard, or maybe some plan we don't know of yet. However, it was not threatening. Let's rememebr this.

Well, what else did Kuma do? He sent the Straw Hats far, far away. But why? Well, he was on an errand for Garp so let's think this through with Garp's mindset. Ace's execution was just announced. Luffy is right next to where the execution will take place. Luffy is Garp's grandson and will surely try to save Ace if he learns about his execution. Garp is very fond of Luffy. Proof:

So I think it's safe to say Garp wanted to save Luffy in what would be a war that is way to strong for him (WB, the admirals, etc). However, this back fires when Luffy learns about the execution on Amazon Lily and vows to save Ace. Impel Down. Blackbeard. Stuff happens and Luffy escapes. Then, we reach the time before the execution: Garp takes his spot next to Sengoku on the execution platform after WhiteBeard arrives.

Garp says he feels no pity for Ace since he's a criminal, but he's family (though not by blood). He is very torn between Justice and his feelings and tears up: one of his grandsons is about to die. Then:

Luffy falls out of the sky into the middle of the war. Garp's plan to have Kuma save Luffy has been for naught and now Luffy is affiliated with White Beard attacking the Marines and is way out of his league.

now, I can't finish the latest part of the theory because it involves the spoilers, but it brings up some very interesting concepts.

Top Bottom