• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

One Piece

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
Yeah, people would be stupid and vote for Ace to beat Akainu despite the fact that he would totally magma punch him right in the chest.

john!

Smash Hero
it's impossible to have a strength contest without people voting for their favorites

it's possible to have a popularity contest without people voting for the strongest (unless the strongest are also their favorites)

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
As the guy who essentially halted the anime fights thread a while back (rofl), I will make sure to scrutinize arguments from either side to filter out fan exaggerations >:)

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
I'm still more in favor of a popularity tier list thing, but it'll be fun either way! >:]

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
what id be interested in is if dragon or roger come into discussion

we dont know how powerful they really are, we just assume they actually are super powerful because of their status

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
hmm yeah.

I also think another problem would be trying to justify the potential of powers that haven't really been shown in the series to do as much as we think they ought to do
I admit, the sole example I had when thinking this was Buggy. Cuz tbh, I love his power, and I think it should be able to do badass stuff. But I couldn't seriously say he'd beat Mihawk or something.

So point being, are our arguments limited to whats been showcased in the series, or can we elaborate ourselves?

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
but right there you get into a war about what they have no reason not to be able to do.
which I guess means that we may as well not even include people that don't know haki, which cuts down a huge number

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I would just go on current status if we're doing this. A person can have more potential than someone else, but there maybe factors that prevent said potential from coming out.

In this case, Buggy is being prevented by plot/comedy relief.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
again, far more than half the character line-up is prevented by them not showing up post-time skip yet

Reizilla

If you're talking about the skull jokes, I don't think so. They're based off of him not having [insert organ here]. Which I would assume works in both languages.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh, so they are just suppose to be lame throw ins? It feels forced in English, which is why I assumed it might have been a cultural or translation error

Reizilla

I think Brook's skull jokes are the best running gag in the series.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
I just... they need to switch nami and sanji back, or somehow make their condition relevant cuz I'm hungry for straw hat *** kicking :mad:

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
People complain about FI was too onesided and complain when the strawhats get pubstomped

What i'm really interested in is who's going to fight who in this arc, there's just not enough enemies for each strawhat. There's ceasar, Virgo, Monet, and slime.....maybe smoker and law.

Luffy vs ceasar is a throw in

Virgo vs law?
Virgo vs smoker?
Virgo vs zoro?
Money vs zoro?

Nami vs tashigi

:phone:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Today is Tuesday right? My entire has been messed up because I started the day thinking it was wednesday. Manga being updated today did not help

theeboredone

Smash Legend
It's one thing I've honestly noticed for quite a while when it comes to these rescue/all out fighting arcs. The fights always start out one sided, which is a bit irksome if you ask me. It's just a means to extend the arc/plot.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Read Eyeshield 21. Now THAT'S where the starting off loosing and winning at the end get's annoying.

Happens in every match

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yeah, I have watched the anime. Stopped after the first tournament. OP just keeps it fresh in someways, cause they aren't limited to just football.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
One piece does it all.. Steam rolls on both sides and even trades at others. Then there is classical dbz style of powering up a level to swing the fight in your favor! Having the enemy do it back for even longer fights!

Strawhat64

Smash Ace
Oda need to stop making broken characters in this anime.
"Oh, I can control any type of Gas from a certain distance."
when you mean certain distance, you mean the whole island, right?

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
I think he can only control gas as long as he makes himself solid, kinda like how tobi can only suck you in if he materializes.

I noticed that when brownbeard hit him and he turned into gas nami and usop could breathe again.

:phone:

Top Bottom